Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Dynamite Animated Series.

+2
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=34083

Black Dynamite Animated Series. Bdtoon01a
"The cult fave blaxploitation badass BLACK DYNAMITE is coming back to hand out more beatdowns, but not in a sequel just yet.

The hard-hittin' lady-pleasin' street machine is coming to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim next year, and we've got a couple of stills from the show to give you an idea of how it'll look. The Black Dynamite Animated Series further chronicles the exploits of Black Dynamite and his crew. Executive produced by Carl Jones (The Boondocks, Freaknik: The Musical), the series features the voice talents of Michael Jai White, Tommy Davidson, Kym Whitley, Byron Minns, Clifton Powell and JB Smoove.

But that ain't all, fool. Next year will also see the one-shot comic "Black Dynamite: Slave Island", with a story by director Scott Sanders, Michael Jai White and Byron Minns. Check out some artwork below. The story follows our hero as he seeks to put an end to a mysterious island… where an insidious 19th century legacy of The Man still exists.

And on top of that, on Saturday October 9th at the New York Comic Con, there will be a panel and special screening of the film, plus an early sneak of the animated footage. Probably our best bet for any updates on a live-action sequel, too. Dig."
- Dave Davis

2Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes! Laughing

3Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:04 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This sounds like a great idea, but I don't know how the movie will translate. There are nuances to the live-action film that I just don't think will translate well to animation (jerky camera, stagehands wandering on and off, actors looking at the camera out of the corner of their eyes, odd line readings, etc.). Plus, the still shown in the first post looks like this will be some variation of any number of sub-plots already available on The Boondocks.

I'll check it out, but I don't know how it's going to work. I remain highly skeptic.

4Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That is a good point. The vibe of the film's homage does carry with characters, though. Plus, they can do the choppy/grainy film look with animation.

5Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with Doug on this one. I want it to work. It would be awesome if it did work but it will be hard to capture the feel of the movie.

6Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is good, i've never watched the movie, but, after reading the thread i Wiki'd it and, i'll be catching it this weekend....

7Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:39 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully it'll be awesome.

8Black Dynamite Animated Series. Empty Re: Black Dynamite Animated Series. Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched some of it last night. OMG that is some funny shit!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum