Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transformers: Prime

+6
TENIME_art
Denim
azrael07
Rath99
alucardbarnivous
Batman25JM
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Transformers: Prime Empty Transformers: Prime Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't see a thread so...

I greatly enjoyed this. Even though I'm usually not a huge fan of CG animated shows I'm thrilled they went that route with this one. The reason being that I'm a HUGE fan of Beast Wars. It's not only my favorite Transformers show, but one of my favorite animated shows of all time. It was a CG show, and the fact that Transformers: Prime is makes me associate it with Beast Wars, and I just get happy.

Anyway, I really did enjoy this, and I think it has some great potential. It could end up being my 2nd favorite Transformers show ever (nothing will top Beast Wars).

I really liked the designs of the Transformers, especially Megatron, Arcee, and Optimus Prime.

The only real problem I have with the show is the fact that Bumblebee can't speak. They took my absolute least favorite aspect of the movies and adapted it into the show. It's so stupid, and it does piss me off. I'm really hoping that they eventually fix his voice.

The voice cast is great. It cool to have both Peter Cullen and Frank Welker back voicing Optimus and Megatron respectively.

2Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This show is some adequate mash-up of Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Transformers: Animated, and the live action films. The only good thing I can say about it is the return of Frank Welker alongside Peter Cullen. The robot animation is not bad, but the humans are rather poor (reminds me of Jimmy Neutron).

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

3Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:22 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:This show is some adequate mash-up of Transformers: Robots in Disguise, Transformers: Animated, and the live action films. The only good thing I can say about it is the return of Frank Welker alongside Peter Cullen. The robot animation is not bad, but the humans are rather poor (reminds me of Jimmy Neutron).

YES! I'm watching it thinking that it reminded me of something but I couldn't figure out what. Thank you!

4Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It too reminded me of Jimmy Neutron, and I used to love that, so it was fine by me.

5Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:24 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i liked this show. The human characters didn't really bother me. I think it's three roles that fit kind of nicely. One is just a little kid, kind of a techie and goodhearted, the second is the typical reluctant 'i didn't ask for this, and don't want to be involved' teenager, and the third is the super spazz who's interested in anything and everything.

My big and probably only beef after the first two episodes is the change in Bulkhead's voice. I realize that this character is a different character than in Animated whilst technically speaking but still, i loved Bill Fagerbakke's voicework with the character.

6Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:02 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:YES! I'm watching it thinking that it reminded me of something but I couldn't figure out what. Thank you!

Laughing Wink

azrael07 wrote:i liked this show. The human characters didn't really bother me. I think it's three roles that fit kind of nicely. One is just a little kid, kind of a techie and goodhearted, the second is the typical reluctant 'i didn't ask for this, and don't want to be involved' teenager, and the third is the super spazz who's interested in anything and everything.

My big and probably only beef after the first two episodes is the change in Bulkhead's voice. I realize that this character is a different character than in Animated whilst technically speaking but still, i loved Bill Fagerbakke's voicework with the character.

IDK, the human characters felt so cliche. Like I said, it really threw me back to RiD.

It doesn't help I wasn't a fan of the live action redesigns of the transformers which is the vein that was followed here. I'm a sucker for the smooth lines and 3D modeling of the original design. However, I understand with so much animation work leaving Japan for Korea (and now India), much of the craft of the Japanese studios that gave us Transformers is quickly fading with seeming little to none of the technique for how to craft such gorgeus art is being passed down. I'd say Sunrise is about the last bastion of quality mecha design (though I applaud Bones with their Star Driver effort).

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

7Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:40 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

here's my thoughts on the actual look of the show. It felt like sort of the best of Transformers: Animated and the live action film sort of blended together, not necessarily smooth, but blended together. The issue that bothered me, and idk about anybody else, was the mouths of the transformers. That really spoke of Animated but seemed out of place. As far as the whole design and the India and Korea thing, that's actually something i wasn't aware of. But american shows are drawing more from anime now than ever, and it's becoming kind of odd, off-putting and just idk. Like "The Batman" for example. Good show, i enjoyed it, and even enjoyed the fresh take on some characters. But what was odd, was just how much of an anime influence the show had to the design. Yeah, i realize this was more geared towards kids than say the Bruce Timm series of the 90's and i also understand the reason-anime/manga sells in america, specifically to kids. Least it used to, not sure if it's still going as strong as it was a few years ago. I used to be huge into anime and manga. But i can't get into any new shows anymore.(Bleach-Hate it. FMA-Hate it. Hate it more than anything) and the fact that some people out there are writing manga, it sickens me. Courtney Love? Really? Writing manga? That's not something i want to be a part of. Part of the reason i moved away from anime and manga, was because of how popular it was becoming and how commercialized and american it was becoming. And also because i really, really got into regular comics. Im not saying i won't still watch some of my favorite animes (FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Ruroni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Inu-Yasha{on occasion}, etc.) but yeah, im not even really saying i hate anime or manga, i don't think.

and yeah, the human characters are a little cliche, but it is a transformers show. Most human characters are cliche, they've always been cliche. I can't remember one really interesting human character aside from maybe Sari on Animated because she actually had a super developed origin and backstory that should've been explored further had the series continued.

8Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:47 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to admit, while I didn't like this, I did like it better then G. I. Joe: Renegades. I enjoyed the interaction towards the end with Arcee and the kid. I kind of also liked that they packed alot of exposition in there as well. But zombie Cliffjumper and Optimus Lips, do not like. I hate the movies and especially hated what they did to Bumblebee in the movies, but I found the buzzing and chirping almost as annoying, if not worse then the radio sounds.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

9Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:58 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Optimus has had lips before. I guess I am just used to it because Optimus Primal had lips in Beast Wars.

10Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Truck Optimus never had lips. It is ok for monkey optimus to have lips, monkeys have to eat, trucks don't eat.

11Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Truck Optimus had lips in the movies and Transformers Animated.

12Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:56 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't get to see this yet (don't know what channel The Hub is in my lineup), I think it's funny that people are saying it's like "a cross between Animated & the movies", when Animated (best, IMO) was a cross between G1 & the movies.

So, it's like you're saying "it's a cross between the movies & the movies". Laughing

13Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Truck Optimus had lips in the movies and Transformers Animated.

There is only one truck Optimus for me, and that is G1 Optimus. My hatred for the movies spans to the point that I almost deny their existence and I could never get into the animation of Transformers animated and wasn't that a differnt Optimus anyway? Like a distant relative or model?

14Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:42 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They're not all in the same universe, y'know? Wink It was the "same" Optimus in the same way that Primal & Bayverse were.

And, I know not everybody digs the Teen Titans animation, but Animated took all the best parts of G1 & the Bayverse, but scrapped all the cheese & garbage. It had alot of nods to Beast Wars, too, which most consider the best series.

15Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked episodes 3-5 (especially 5). It's just a fun time. I can't wait for the show to properly premiere in February.

16Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was a good intro to the series. I'm looking forward to the series. I was waiting for Megatron to say "PRIME" he kept calling him Optimus.

17Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:And, I know not everybody digs the Teen Titans animation, but Animated took all the best parts of G1 & the Bayverse, but scrapped all the cheese & garbage. It had alot of nods to Beast Wars, too, which most consider the best series.

I loved the choppy teen titans-esque animation on Animated, mostly because I really liked the TT cartoon and the weird choppiness of some anime. That's the reason my dad also watched TA most of the time.

I watched the first three of my DVR'd episodes and I kinda don't like them very much. Here's what I didn't like;
1) My biggest fanwank is the fact that TA got canceled and this one should be taken with a grain of salt.
2) Don't give a flying fuck about Bayformers
3) Since I never played War for Cybertron So I was alittle lost on some stuff. Was the game any good?
4) I don't really understand why the Autobots where on earth in the first place (that might be connected to number 3)
5) What was the deal with the Decepticon drones? Why not the classic Decepticons?
6) The sidekicks besides Jack annoyed me. How the fuck did Ralph understand what Bumblebee was saying and cybertronian tech? Miko was annoying as Pepper Potts from Iron Man Armored Adventures with not knowing when to stay the fuck outta danger (personally I think Sari from TA was a really good sidekick).
6) Why would the above two be so calm about the Transformers?
7) Bulkhead's VA. I want Bill Faggerbake!
8) Bumblebee's R2D2 voice.

and here's the things I like so far
1) The VA of Cullen and Welker are top-notch especially Welker. Its really refreshing to hear him do a new style of voice.
2) Steven Blum was really good as Starscream.
3) Soundwave was cool
4) the animation is weird in a good way.
5) It kinda seems like they pulled G1's Daniel Witwicky, TA Sari & Bayformers Spike Witwicky to be the sidekicks, wich is cool but Miko is fucking annoying.

i hope the last 2 eps are better.

18Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this was awesome. Like totally awesome.

19Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved Sari, SF14.

20Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:38 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

really digging this show. the animation is alot better than Transformers Animated.
Spoiler:

21Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I loved Sari, SF14.
Me too. Especially in Season 3

22Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone catch the premire? I thought it was really mediocre, but, I'd be a damned liar if I didn't say the subplot with the kids' science projects were my fave parts. Especially when they presented them in class.

23Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I can't believe that they used Bulkhead. Was anybody really clamoring for him?

24Transformers: Prime Empty Re: Transformers: Prime Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Big Poppa Nick wrote:I can't believe that they used Bulkhead. Was anybody really clamoring for him?

The fans of Transformers Animated. Not a big Bulkhead fan?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum