Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

dear networks cable and otherwise.

+11
Denim
Rath99
Janson
Gojiratoho
(._Y_.)
krpykrwly
Joshua
jaydee74
Tomer Soiker
boberthavok
kidspider2099
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty dear networks cable and otherwise. Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:55 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Please stop taking british shows and making american versions we don't need them. Most of them have been awful and only british shows that made good american shows came out of the 70's before any one in the states could really watch british shows. Thanks to dvds and internet and bbc america we don't need need american version of british shows. Just leave well enough alone.

2dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 pm

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

But everyone is doing it because The Office worked so well for NBC. So I guess you could say all the other networks are trying to find the next Office

3dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

boberthavok wrote:But everyone is doing it because The Office worked so well for NBC. So I guess you could say all the other networks are trying to find the next Office

yes but the making crappy american knock-offs ways before the office the only reason the office worked cause the creators of the british version worked on the american version.

4dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:42 am

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

kidspider2099 wrote:the only reason the office worked cause the creators of the british version worked on the american version.
Eh? Not at all. Sure it helped to have their support, but without great writing team, a group of crazy characters and one Steve Carell, that show wouldn't have lasted 7 seasons. The real test for the show is when Carell leaves by the end of the current season.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

5dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As far as I can tell, other than the Office, every American version of a British show has failed and been cancelled. The next on that's coming soon to MTV is Skins. I was in the city and saw a Billboard for it by the MTV studios. It starts in January. Looks like failure to me but then again, it's on MTV. shake my head

6dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

American Idol, Whose Line is it Anyway?, Dancing with the Stars, Three's Company, and Sanford and Son all did well and where shows from another country first

7dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:39 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never understood how the existence of television programs someone doesn't like bothers them, it's not like you're forced to watch it. Don't like something? Don't watch it. Problem solved.

8dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I've never understood how the existence of television programs someone doesn't like bothers them, it's not like you're forced to watch it. Don't like something? Don't watch it. Problem solved.

You're bringing logic into this?!?
This is the internet, brother, and there's a universal argument that rings throughout it.

dear networks cable and otherwise. Meh.ro5681

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

9dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:29 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a fan of British anything. Except for JC....

10dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:I'm not a fan of British anything. Except for JC....
JESUS WAS BRITISH??????

Shocked

11dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Gojiratoho wrote:
JESUS WAS BRITISH??????

Shocked

Sometimes. Smile

12dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
JESUS WAS BRITISH??????

Shocked
+5

13dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

The Brits do it too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpsXJeV9E08&NR=1

14dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:13 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
JESUS WAS BRITISH??????

Shocked

Lol

15dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:58 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I've never understood how the existence of television programs someone doesn't like bothers them, it's not like you're forced to watch it. Don't like something? Don't watch it. Problem solved.

you totally missed the point. My point is that i don't like when us americans take a great show make our version of it and crap all over it.

16dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dear networks cable and otherwise. Trooooooooooolls

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

17dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:15 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And for the record, Jesus was a rican, why you think they named him hey-zues.

18dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Denim wrote:And for the record, Jesus was a rican, why you think they named him hey-zues.

But he must have been half Greek as well with a last name like Christ (krissed).

19dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:36 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A greekerican?

20dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:21 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Puerto Grecian?

21dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:

you totally missed the point. My point is that i don't like when us americans take a great show make our version of it and crap all over it.
Dear internet guy,
We don't give a damn what you think. Your "expert opinion" (that being that you watch television) doesn't mean jack in comparison to the millions of dollars that we invest in taking television programs with good ideas and adapting them to reach a broader American audience. Why do you care, anyways?
Sincerely,
Hollywood

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

22dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:42 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:

How exactly did I miss your point?

Anyway, if the high quality of The Office is considered getting crapped on, I wish someone would crap all over me.

23dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Anyway, if the high quality of The Office is considered getting crapped on, I wish someone would crap all over me.

I've never understood why people love the Office. I've watched it a couple of times, and it's only really made me laugh maybe once. I don't understand why everyone's pants get sticky over it. I don't think it's high quality, I don't think it's all that funny compared to its British forerunner, and I am AMAZED that it's going to continue on without Steve Carrell, who is easily and admittedly in my mind the show's only saving grace.

But I get kidspider's point about America not really encouraging creativity in its own handiwork anymore. It's much easier to grab a hit concept (Big Brother, Let the Right One In, X-Factor, etc.) from another country and adapt it to an American audience (whether it needs adapting or not) than try to come up with something unique and original. At least, that's the message those of us viewers with brains are getting from said actions.

P.S., I'm pretty sure that people are allowed to be annoyed by shit that doesn't directly affect them. I've never seen The Jersey Shore, but I know that it's crap, and the whole idea is the cultural STD that America has been developing since the Me Generation started being in charge. I've never been an Alaskan or a Republican, but Sarah Palin bugs the high holy crap out of me. Anyone is allowed to be annoyed by what annoys them. They don't need to rationalize it to those who aren't annoyed and try to convince them to be annoyed as well.

24dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

How exactly did I miss your point?

You realize Ariel reads all posts and likes to take everything he possibly can out of context, right?

25dear networks cable and otherwise. Empty Re: dear networks cable and otherwise. Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
You realize Ariel reads all posts and likes to take everything he possibly can out of context, right?
I'm counting on it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum