Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman and Robin

+29
Bigtymin504
azrael07
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
The Ignored One
Kainless
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Chi-Town Spidey
Mnemosis
Brian Cunningham
Thundermatts
melvinlikechris
shining knight
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Debaser77
Lee
Fresh03
Administrator
Esbat
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 14]

201Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 11:43 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I enjoyed the Robin aspect of the story. Watching Damian mature and stand up to his crazy mom was good to see. But that last page, one part of me was thinking,"ok cool twist." The other part, "wait this isn't gonna be a team-up?"

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

202Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 5:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved this issue. I thought it was interesting how Slade seems to be working with the League in order to get revenge on Dick Grayson. I liked how Damian fought back and I gotta say that I am so very very impressed with Damian as a character overall. Him standing up to his mother and how it all ended was so outstanding. I loved it. I am so hoping we see more Dick vs. Slade down the line. The end of the episode was really cool and I am jazzed about the next arc.

203Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 8:44 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Talia is a cold blooded bitch Laughing

204Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Talia is a cold blooded bitch Laughing
Talia has become way too much like her father.

205Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:23 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

What are peoples opinion of the Joker being back?

206Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is he ever really gone?

207Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:28 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:Is he ever really gone?

True, its just weird because Bruce Wayne is lost in time. That's Dick vs. The Joker, not Bruce. That statement doesn't feel right.

208Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:

True, its just weird because Bruce Wayne is lost in time. That's Dick vs. The Joker, not Bruce. That statement doesn't feel right.
In a lot of ways it does make sense. I mean, Dick has been fighting the Joker since he was a kid. There are a lot of issues there as well.

209Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:41 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:

In a lot of ways it does make sense. I mean, Dick has been fighting the Joker since he was a kid. There are a lot of issues there as well.

True, i just need to come to terms with that. He's done a good job as Batman, and he does it his own way.

210Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm interested to see what they do with Joker. I love the concept that Joker reinvents himself with every new traumatic experience. And since the whole Black Mask incident caused another personality shift, it should be cool to see where it leads

211Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri May 07, 2010 4:26 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i feel stupid and out of the loop but what happened between Joker and Black Mask?

212Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri May 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Another solid issue. Between this and Joe the Barbarian, am I slowly becoming a Grant Morrison fan? Time will tell. Loved the scene near the end with Talia and Damian, and I can't wait to see how the Joker will fit into all this craziness. I'm down for it.

213Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri May 07, 2010 12:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The scene between Talia and Damian was indeed awesome. It was awesome and a tad sad. I love the evolution of the character.

214Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri May 07, 2010 1:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:i feel stupid and out of the loop but what happened between Joker and Black Mask?

Sorry, I meant Black Glove

215Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri May 07, 2010 10:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know about anybody else, but the last page suprised the hell out of me.

216Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat May 08, 2010 8:37 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman & Robin #12

Considering it's already saturday and most of you have already read this issue by now, I won't be too concise with this review. Don't want to *SPOIL* anything like many of you have already (thank God I stayed off the internet while waiting a couple extra days to get my books!).

A part of me absolutely loved this ish; another had me being just a tad let down. I'll explain.

First, this amazing arc, Batman vs. Robin ends almost a little too quickly. It's understood that "more important" moments are coming, and that this little techno-mind control situation needed to be resolved, if even hastily. Bruce Wayne's coming back, Dr. Hurt's coming back (the Black Glove for all those uninformed), and it's been promised for some time that we'd figure out who Oberon Sexton is. Dr. Wade McNasty did a wonderful job at nailing all the clues, saving us the time it takes in re-reading all of R.I.P., etc. (although digging through your older issues of B&R could be rather fun, at this point).

The art from Clarke is admirably-stylistically-Quietly, and I'm not sure I'd have noticed the art change midway through the issue without checking the credits. With that knowledge, however, the art mockery bothered me a bit, but it's understood. Still, some of the panels, particularly those covering Batman versus Robin were swift, and lots of fun. I almost wanted the brawl to go on longer.

Despite the consensus being correct about this issue's final reveal, I have to admit I was a bit stunned. There are just so many reveals in this issue that the last of them had me staring at the page. I suppose it'll all make better sense looking back. One thing's for sure, in Morrison's grip the Batman legacy's never been more intriguing.

4/5 Oberon Sexton Spoilers - Lots to love in this issue, almost to a fault.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

217Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat May 08, 2010 6:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Return of Bruce Wayne preview-

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26114

218Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun May 09, 2010 7:29 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:I don't know about anybody else, but the last page suprised the hell out of me.
I was a bit surprised but I am very curious as to what they are going to do next.

219Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All right, I guess it is kind of that time again. SO far, clues have been all over and have led to where they should:

Batman and Robin - Page 9 12688810

But what is going on in that cave in Batman and Robin? huh huh huh
I look at this and think: Immortality, new gods, and all that stuff. Why not? Darkseid is involved as is the Omega Sanction, something, to date, only Shilo Norman has successfully esacped. But I am getting ahead of myself. I'm going to put some things out there instead of laying my case down since it's more fun that way. Laughing

But first things first:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720410

Now on to the show. This discusses Barbatos.
Batman and Robin - Page 9 1272080316550
Link if the picture does not show well:
http://wade_curt.webs.com/1272080316550.jpg

Let's consider this for a moment:
Spoiler:

One notices the Arkham Asylum mini there. I feel this is more important than we realize, despite it being off to the side as far as series are concerned:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720411
"As if he is an alien fallen to Earth". Suspect

That led me to this:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720413

And while I noticed in the recent Flash, the rogues entered the original Mirror Master's secret area in case of the original Flash's return and Captain Cold mentioned not to stare into the mirrors "too long", I decided not to bring those in just yet, simply because I want to see where that s going first. That said, recall in DC One Million, Martian Manhunter mentioned being saved from a great darkness, more or less alluding to Blackest Night. Also from DC One Million:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 Joker10
21st Century? The quote is similar to the next issue of Batman and Robin but it is one or two "Ha-ha's" off. Laughing

This also reminded me of my post from previous pages, especially this image (the top panel, you can ignore the other panels) :
Batman and Robin - Page 9 Theclo10
Could this be hinting at the Joker as the ultimate Joker venom? I originally thought it was as the picture indicates below and indeed, with Pyg, there was heavy reference to germs, infections and so forth, but one can't help but wonder if a new form of the disease is in thw works. Joker playing the "hero" of sorts, essentially becoming a masked detective, in short, becoming like his "reflection"--Batman, could lead to his death and thus, becoming like above in DC One Million. Suspect
Infectious madness?
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720414
So many questions!!!! wacko

But back to Arkham Asylum and the like. Recall, this from Batman:
Spoiler:
He refers to continually going on, his body burning away but he continues going on. This is mentioned in Final Crisis with the reverend referring to how uncomfortable human bodies were and again in Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 Untitl10

His comments on going on remind me of this:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720511
In conjunction with the Dark Side Club posted in previous pages, a systematic effort to erradicate the superheroes seems to be in effect, beyond what was Final Crisis.

On another note, interesting things are occuring involving the Joker. Does he die and return worse than before? Seeing as how angry Joker was when he was merely shot, being angry about death itself would make sense as well. And while I doubt DC management would allow this, at the same time, Morrison has been writing Batman and Robin with the notion that his stuff will be retconned out as has happened before so I can imagine he is simply going to write the story that he wants and let manegement do what they want. But seeing as how Johns is essentially in charge (Johns and Morrison seem to be collaborating considerably on all of their works), and with the new Earth One Batman series coming up (written by, you guessed it Geoff Johns), they may decide that they can keep Joker intact in one continuity and do what they like in another. Who knows?

There are so many questions! It must make sense!!!!blink
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720710

220Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 9:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my brain exploding. Well done sir.

221Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 10:04 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Christ on a bike. I could have never put all this stuff together. Fine work Dr. Wade.

222Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:All right, I guess it is kind of that time again. SO far, clues have been all over and have led to where they should:

I look at this and think: Immortality, new gods, and all that stuff. Why not? Darkseid is involved as is the Omega Sanction, something, to date, only Shilo Norman has successfully esacped. But I am getting ahead of myself. I'm going to put some things out there instead of laying my case down since it's more fun that way. Laughing

But first things first:

Spoiler:

One notices the Arkham Asylum mini there. I feel this is more important than we realize, despite it being off to the side as far as series are concerned:

That led me to this:

And while I noticed in the recent Flash, the rogues entered the original Mirror Master's secret area in case of the original Flash's return and Captain Cold mentioned not to stare into the mirrors "too long", I decided not to bring those in just yet, simply because I want to see where that s going first. That said, recall in DC One Million, Martian Manhunter mentioned being saved from a great darkness, more or less alluding to Blackest Night. Also from DC One Million:
21st Century? The quote is similar to the next issue of Batman and Robin but it is one or two "Ha-ha's" off. Laughing

This also reminded me of my post from previous pages, especially this image (the top panel, you can ignore the other panels) :
Could this be hinting at the Joker as the ultimate Joker venom? I originally thought it was as the picture indicates below and indeed, with Pyg, there was heavy reference to germs, infections and so forth, but one can't help but wonder if a new form of the disease is in thw works. Joker playing the "hero" of sorts, essentially becoming a masked detective, in short, becoming like his "reflection"--Batman, could lead to his death and thus, becoming like above in DC One Million. Suspect
Infectious madness?

Spoiler:
He refers to continually going on, his body burning away but he continues going on. This is mentioned in Final Crisis with the reverend referring to how uncomfortable human bodies were and again in Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle:

In conjunction with the Dark Side Club posted in previous pages, a systematic effort to erradicate the superheroes seems to be in effect, beyond what was Final Crisis.

On another note, interesting things are occuring involving the Joker. Does he die and return worse than before? Seeing as how angry Joker was when he was merely shot, being angry about death itself would make sense as well. And while I doubt DC management would allow this, at the same time, Morrison has been writing Batman and Robin with the notion that his stuff will be retconned out as has happened before so I can imagine he is simply going to write the story that he wants and let manegement do what they want. But seeing as how Johns is essentially in charge (Johns and Morrison seem to be collaborating considerably on all of their works), and with the new Earth One Batman series coming up (written by, you guessed it Geoff Johns), they may decide that they can keep Joker intact in one continuity and do what they like in another. Who knows?

the only thing im confused about is the inclusion of Narcissus and NoFace. I mean, we know they're seperate characters from the Joker, and i always thought NoFace's Joker face, was because the water was contaminated by The Joker....idk. im just confused by that whole thing.

223Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:All right, I guess it is kind of that time again. SO far, clues have been all over and have led to where they should:

But first things first:

Spoiler:

That led me to this:

Infectious madness?

Spoiler:

the only thing im confused about is the inclusion of Narcissus and NoFace. I mean, we know they're seperate characters from the Joker, and i always thought NoFace's Joker face, was because the water was contaminated by The Joker....idk. im just confused by that whole thing.

I understand. Much of this is working under the idea that DC has planned out alot of what they are doing or are playing off of each other's stories. Marvel has and is doing something similar so it does not seem like a too far off of an idea. DC just seems to be more cryptic about things, dropping hints of what they will do in the future. I attribute this to a sort of "fan immersion" experience. But I digress lol.

Concerning Narcissus, I feel that he plays into things alot more than we realize. His origin, his nature, and the manner in which he was introduced seem way too conveniant.

From previous pages:
Link if picture does not show well: http://canyonarrow.webs.com/Darksideclub.jpg
Batman and Robin - Page 9 Darksideclub

And then there's these:
Batman and Robin - Page 9 12720415

And while part of this meshes with Seven Soldiers: Mircale Man and Final Crisis, part of it, also seems to mesh well with Arkham Asylum and Narcissus. The time scale also seems to fit (despite the sliding time scale of comics it works).

As for No-Face, I thought too, at first that he was being affected by something in the water or in the air, but there did not seem like there was alot of information towards that possibility. Taking a step back and looking at other Batman stories (such as Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader? (the parallels to the Alfred scene are priceless) and so forth) made me wonder if this was foreshadowing something else. It seems like they are hinting at other things, since there seems to be a consistent theme running in multiple stories. That and I feel that a number of the Batman stories now are not focused on who or what Batman is, but rather what Joker is. It's like studying a person by looking at their surroundings. I think many things being done are an analysis of Joker without commenting on the character himself since the character himself is so steeped in mystery as for his origins all we can work with are his "incarnations" that is, how his insanity or "super-sanity" manifests itself. In regards to this, I think the secret patients (No-Face, and so forth) of Arkham Asylum also serve as representations of Joker, as does Pyg, Flamingo, and Red Hood (Jason Todd) in Batman and Robin. But that's another discussion for another time. Sorry for the length, I tend to ramble when it comes to this stuff. Laughing

224Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 4:43 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Did you hear that? That was the sound of my brain exploding. Well done sir.

comicgeekelly wrote:Christ on a bike. I could have never put all this stuff together. Fine work Dr. Wade.

Laughing Thanks.

225Batman and Robin - Page 9 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue May 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Number 12 was pretty good, love the reveal on the last page. I'm happy that they didn't cop out and have him be Bruce. Where do you find all those compiled clues Doc?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum