Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+57
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
SexyToaster
Rath99
Airwolf
Parallax_48
kidspider2099
BigSoupCan
Sandman
Denim
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Janson
colossus1979
Jherek
Gojiratoho
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
supervenom
Tom
azrael07
elijahdprophet
Astro13Zombie
Scarie187
deadbolt85
Warren_Worthington IV
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
Esbat
TENIME_art
Ben Akers
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
jaydee74
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Batman25JM
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
Thundermatts
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
superdoug
Lee
61 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 23]

426Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I mean, I say this as a Green Lantern fan. I WANT this movie to be good. There's room for improvement, but I see the kind of mood they are going with it, and it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

427Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:I mean, I say this as a Green Lantern fan. I WANT this movie to be good. There's room for improvement, but I see the kind of mood they are going with it, and it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

I completely agree with this.

I really don't like how they characterized Hal. I have said this before and I will say it again I do NOT thinking Ryan was the right choice for Hal. Kyle maybe.. but not Hal, but that is just my opinion.

428Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say, I'm not really impressed. Blake Lively wasn't good at all, Ryan Reynolds doesn't seem right for Hal (I didn't think he was when he was cast, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and now I'm thinking I was right in the first place), and honestly, the effects don't wow me. I know they can still tweak the effects, but for a trailer they should be pretty well finished with them. I think the suit looks like absolute shit, and I do hope they improve it.

429Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I remain cautiously optimistic.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

430Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It looks alright.
I still like THIS fake trailer a quite bit more. Laughing

431Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I remain cautiously optimistic.
I'll go with that.

Still not fully sold on Reynolds as Hal, but I hope it proves me wrong. Like Sapph was telling me, they cast him for a reason. It's not like they were fishing for a big name when they chose him, so maybe he had the chops for the Hal they were wanting.

432Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:39 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dunno.... the trailer seemed...bad... *sigh*

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

433Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:42 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Better quality and no subs.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/greenlantern/

434Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:09 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm digging it.

435Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spazzy wrote:I dunno.... the trailer seemed...bad... *sigh*

Yep. Everything looks like shitty CGI or even shittier prosthetic. It's really a shame. shake my head

436Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:44 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

looks fine to me. of course I'm not much of a Green Lantern fan.

437Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:30 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Spazzy wrote:I dunno.... the trailer seemed...bad... *sigh*

Yep. Everything looks like shitty CGI or even shittier prosthetic. It's really a shame. shake my head

I'm glad someone agrees. I mean it could be great, but from the trailer.. not so much

438Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OH MY GOD. They have SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS TO FIX IT. Whatever your perceived complaints with the movie, they have more than enough time to fix them in post-production, which is still going on, despite the release of a trailer.

Everyone get your panties out of a knot, and take a fucking breath. I wish it was the days of pre-Internet, when hating on shit months and months before it actually releases a finished project wasn't in vogue. Rolling Eyes

439Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:OH MY GOD. They have SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS TO FIX IT. Whatever your perceived complaints with the movie, they have more than enough time to fix them in post-production, which is still going on, despite the release of a trailer.
Something about a Wolverine movie that may or may not have happened...

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

440Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:Something about a Wolverine movie that may or may not have happened...

I don't get that correlation, because the trailers for Wolverine looked awesome, and then the movie mildly sucked. I recall people jizzing in their pants over the Wolverine trailer and crying in their beers afterward. Now, it seems like people are hating pre-emptively.

People don't KNOW that the Green Lantern movie will suck; they're just reacting on the internets with their first impressions, and that's fine, but a majority of fans on other boards have been obstinate about hating on this. They refuse to relax their opinion long enough to realize that the early-release trailer may not resemble the finished product in the slightest. DC has a good history of fixing things in the post-pro, and I hold out faith that they'll do some tweaking before the film releases.

Hey, at least this movie's got an original story, something Superman Returns (a movie I like) could have used. Wink

441Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:20 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My bad! tongue

442Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was referencing the leaked (albeit unfinished) Wolverine with effects that were laughable. Fox was all "IT'S UNFINISHED! DON'T LOOK AT IT! IT'LL LOOK BETTER!"
It didn't look much better at all.

I think if it doesn't look too smooth (which, you kind of have to admit the trailer's effects aren't exactly breath-taking so far) that Time Warner might benefit from some squeaky wheels voicing their opinions. Nobody's saying the plot looks horrible.

443Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the trailer, but like Doug said they'll have time to improve it.

444Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Why be an apologist for a trailer? A trailer is supposed to entice the moviegoer to see a movie, yes? Then why isn't it cool to make a snap judgment on a trailer?

The Green Lantern trailer has failed to get me psyched for the movie.

445Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Why be an apologist for a trailer? A trailer is supposed to entice the moviegoer to see a movie, yes? Then why isn't it cool to make a snap judgment on a trailer?

The Green Lantern trailer has failed to get me psyched for the movie.
nothing wrong with that. I use trailers to determine if I want to see a particular movie.

446Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Exactly.

For a tentpole nergasmic flick like Green Lantern, there should be no reason to excuse effects, or the fact that it's a trailer. I expected goosebumps. The type I had from watching the trailer to The Dark Knight, or Iron Man, or Thor, or Sin City, or Watchmen, or hell, even Spider-Man 3. I did not receive them.

447Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, I completely biased as Hal Jordan is probably up there as one of my favorite fictional characters but everything I've seen thus far has me jazzed for the movie. I cannot wait to see this because let's be honest. If you told me 10 years ago that there would be a Green Lantern movie, I would have laughed at the very notion, so everything I see gets me more excited for a live action GL movie.

448Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One thing that I may have missed (I'll have to rewatch the trailer when I get home), is that the "feel" of GL isn't supposed to be a Dark Knight-style. It's supposed to be brightly colored and explosive. Maybe they're hitting what they're going for.

449Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

So it just dawned on me that Gossip Girl now has two connections to Green Lantern. First Matthew Settle, now Blake Lively.

Green Lantern - Page 18 Justiceleague5

450Green Lantern - Page 18 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:One thing that I may have missed (I'll have to rewatch the trailer when I get home), is that the "feel" of GL isn't supposed to be a Dark Knight-style. It's supposed to be brightly colored and explosive. Maybe they're hitting what they're going for.

Agreed. Green Lantern isn't Batman or Spider-Man. It's going to have a different feel and from what I've seen thus far, it looks pretty good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum