Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

+22
FroZen
Spider_Fan14
melvinlikechris
Gandicles
jaydee74
Airwolf
alucardbarnivous
Ben Akers
rwe1138
slacker jedi
BlueMaxx
Lee
shining knight
Thundermatts
Joshua
Mnemosis
The_Donster
supervenom
Debaser77
Astro13Zombie
The Ignored One
Silent K
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

After buying a shitload of movie toys today, I'm getting VERY psyched for this. I texted Kerouac that they should DEFINITELY have a PSA in the flick, and the best options, since it's a movie, would be "Silence is Golden" or an anti-piracy "Knowing is half the battle".

Then Kerouac had the brilliant idea of Snake Eyes doing the "Silence is Golden" PSA, and maybe have Duke's cell phone go off in the middle of a covert op, and Snake Eyes just wags his finger.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

Seriously, this movie needs a PSA.

2GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:08 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I'm gonna wait for dvd. The accelerator suits really turned me off.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

3GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sick of the Accelerator Suit complaint. BAH!

4GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bet CC will get an accelerator suit too...and there will be a accelerator suit battle between Duke and CC

Im not complaining about the suits.
Im just using my mind powers.

5GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Accelerator Suits will end up being such a minute aspect of the whole flick, you anti Delta 6 Acc Suit peeps will be kicking yourselves.

6GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I really am still holding out hope that the movie will still be good.

7GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:12 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm definitely looking forward to this. thumbs up

8GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:58 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah, me too. I've seen a lot of negativity on various boards and it's nice to see someone actually excited about the movie. Is it going to be the GI JOE I grew up with, NO!! But that's ok with me. I'm even willing to give the other Wayan's brother a chance, even though I never realized Ripcord was black. However, I am the guy who it took forever to realize that one of the kids in Stephen King's It was black don't know

9GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:11 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Yeah, me too. I've seen a lot of negativity on various boards and it's nice to see someone actually excited about the movie. Is it going to be the GI JOE I grew up with, NO!! But that's ok with me.
Wink Thank you!

10GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'm sure the movie will be godawful, but I can't wait to see it. I expect it to be so bad it'll be fun, unlike RotF which was so bad that it was bad.

11GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While watching Marlon Wayans take pratfalls in the trailer makes me roll my eyes every time I see it, Revenge of the Fallen was so ri-goddamn-diculously bad that it's somehow lowered the bar and made it so that not only do I think G.I. Joe might be okay, but I'm actually kind of excited.

I've made an appointment with the doctor next week to get it checked out.

12GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

HA! Yeah, that sounds tumoriffic man.

I'm going to hell.

13GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:03 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This movie certainly exists.

14GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to see it next week

15GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:The Accelerator Suits will end up being such a minute aspect of the whole flick, you anti Delta 6 Acc Suit peeps will be kicking yourselves.
I am going to destroy you on the popcast.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

16GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:
Silent K wrote:The Accelerator Suits will end up being such a minute aspect of the whole flick, you anti Delta 6 Acc Suit peeps will be kicking yourselves.
I am going to destroy you on the popcast.
rambo Go for it, Lee. I really think this movie will stink. It'll have it's neat moments, sexy Baroness, and may even surpass the first Transformers...but only by comparison. I just don't see why they could not have made them "regular" Joes. Heh.

17GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:16 pm

slacker jedi

slacker jedi
Cadet
Cadet

ok the halo suits do suck, but trust me if you are a fan of the cartoon you might like it .if you are a just a guy or girl off the street and have never seen anything joe you might think its a ok action flick.but if you grew up on the comics like i did you will want to hunt down every body that had a hand in making this pile of crap and killing them . suck starts with the suits and keeps on going to the bitter hollywood soaked end, fuck i wish district 9 started tonight

http://www.whyarewefriends.com

18GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:28 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

See, I think that's the problem there SJ. Folks want things they read in the comics to translate to the silver screen. It's the same problem folks have had with the Marvel films and various other fanboy/girls wet dream of a project. I think you need to go in with no preconceived notions and not expect what you read in your favorite comics on the silver screee. Otherwise, what's the point? You've already read the comic and there will be no surprises in the movie. Comic book movies need to be held on their own merits and not held up to the high standards of their comic predecessors. They exist in their own universe and that's why I enjoy them. I've never read a Hellboy or Constantine comic, but enjoy the movies. I'll eventually open up and read them, but I'm more than happy to pop in the movies in my dvd player until I do.

19GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:17 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It also needs to be good.....

but I don't want to talk about it....its still fresh in my mind Sad

20GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:01 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:It also needs to be good.....

but I don't want to talk about it....its still fresh in my mind Sad
Heh. You make an okay point Donster, but to say that a studio can just take the names of a license and its characters, create whatever story they like, doesn't make it okay. Look at Hulk. Whether people noticed, it was a decent movie, but all people see is the horrible adaptation. Plus, the poodle didn't help. tongue

21GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:20 pm

slacker jedi

slacker jedi
Cadet
Cadet

well said blue max, these stories and characters have been around for a long time and people like them. what gives a movie company the right to think they can change every thing.with gi joe they (the movie co) made a cookie cutter action flick , who cares about snake eyes and storm shadows past,lets make cobra commander look like a burn victim ,and lets not forget don t put "a real american hero" on anything and turn the joe team into a international unit. i understand that it is hard to make the leap from comics to the screen and that things some times have to be changed but there is no excuse for gi joe . none what so ever .

http://www.whyarewefriends.com

22GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

slacker jedi wrote:and lets not forget don t put "a real american hero" on anything and turn the joe team into a international unit.

I'm suprised Fox News hasn't put Paramount on their shit list for that.

23GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:03 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

A surprisingly positive review from Tasha Robinson of AVClub.com

http://www.avclub.com/articles/gi-joe-the-rise-of-cobra,31448/

24GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:04 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I actually enjoyed it. Having low expectations probably helped.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

25GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Topless Robot's G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra F.A.Q.

Warning for spoilers.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum