Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

+22
FroZen
Spider_Fan14
melvinlikechris
Gandicles
jaydee74
Airwolf
alucardbarnivous
Ben Akers
rwe1138
slacker jedi
BlueMaxx
Lee
shining knight
Thundermatts
Joshua
Mnemosis
The_Donster
supervenom
Debaser77
Astro13Zombie
The Ignored One
Silent K
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:22 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I say they should reshoot G.I. Joe and replace all the Joes with Nicolas Cage and all the Cobra characters with Christopher Walken. There's your G.I. Joe movie, my friend.

Laughing

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

52GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:25 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ok, I just got back from seeing this. As much as I was a Transformers fan when I was a kid, I was a bigger fan of G.I. Joe. The comics adn toys more then the cartoon.

I had low expectations going into this movie, and the movie went lower then my expectations. As a fan, I am tired of Hollywood saying they are doing things for the fans. No, Hollywood, you are doing things for opening weekend box office and not for the fans at all.

Spoiler:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

53GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:37 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I saw it last night, finally... on a bootleg. And I must say... THANK GOD I didn't pay 10 bucks to watch that bullshit! What I did ended up paying for was for Inglorious Basterds, however, when I came home I thought it would have been a good idea to pop the dvd in and watch it. The dialogue is stuck in my mind like a wheel of bad movie ideas just spinning around and around and around my head.

Kung fu grip, knowing is half the battle, true american hero, Destro and Cobra's 'masks' and Marlon Wayans acting. And then I see it, the very ending of the movie and the credits begin to roll. "Based on the hasbro characters" just to explain to me that it wasn't based on the cartoons or the comic books or any of the toy lines. It was based on the characters... Atleast its what im thinking is their fail safe excuse because to some people they think this is actually worthy of a movie of the summer. But no. I need to clean my brain now and try to salvage my childhood.

Quick, somebody send me the original GI Joe movie, the one with Sgt. Slaughter in it.

And btw, thanks everyone for warning me about this monstrousity... I just saved a lot of money by switching to bootleg.

54GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Marlon Wayans gets a bad rap! He was one of the bright spots of this flick!

55GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:48 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pff I said it on the popcast and I will say it here. Watching meatspin on a loop for two hours is less painful than this film

56GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:33 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

My sister was babysitting my daughter last night as an anniversary present (married 2 years tomorrow!), but the missus ended up having to go into work.. So, I had myself a little Hasbro night. Watched Transformers 2 again, and GI Joe. Still loved TF2, but GI Joe left me wanting. It was a little on the campy side. What they SHOULD have done is just played up the uber military aspect of it and left the cartoonishness of it a lot more downplayed. That being said, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out of DVD, but I was still disappointed.

57GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wish this movie came out when i was like 9 or 10, it would have been even better

I can't wait for the sequel, maybe we'll see Cobra and Destro for a few more minutes

58GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty GI Joe Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:56 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:My sister was babysitting my daughter last night as an anniversary present (married 2 years tomorrow!), but the missus ended up having to go into work.. So, I had myself a little Hasbro night. Watched Transformers 2 again, and GI Joe. Still loved TF2, but GI Joe left me wanting. It was a little on the campy side. What they SHOULD have done is just played up the uber military aspect of it and left the cartoonishness of it a lot more downplayed. That being said, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out of DVD, but I was still disappointed.

yeah, they should improve a hell of alot in the sequel, like a more badass Cobra Commander and Destro, non-cheesey dialouge, all around character development and a cool plot that dosen't get too convulted. happy aniversery by the way!
PS- anyone who didn't like the movie watch GI Joe: Resolute on youtube, it's pretty cool.

59GI Joe:  Rise of Cobra - Page 3 Empty Re: GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
blue halo wrote:My sister was babysitting my daughter last night as an anniversary present (married 2 years tomorrow!), but the missus ended up having to go into work.. So, I had myself a little Hasbro night. Watched Transformers 2 again, and GI Joe. Still loved TF2, but GI Joe left me wanting. It was a little on the campy side. What they SHOULD have done is just played up the uber military aspect of it and left the cartoonishness of it a lot more downplayed. That being said, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out of DVD, but I was still disappointed.

yeah, they should improve a hell of alot in the sequel, like a more badass Cobra Commander and Destro, non-cheesey dialouge, all around character development and a cool plot that dosen't get too convulted. happy aniversery by the way!
PS- anyone who didn't like the movie watch GI Joe: Resolute on youtube, it's pretty cool.
Thanks! My father-in-law took the kid for the weekend just past, and my wife had it off. So we finally were able to celebrate it!

Resolute is pretty cool! When was it made?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum