Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now?

+49
Parallax_48
Tomer Soiker
Big Poppa Nick
potatojoe
jestghost
kidspider2099
Spazzy
boberthavok
Batman25JM
Bigtymin504
Aussiemandias
Lord PaulVincent
joegavilan
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
LOOSECANNON
Warren_Worthington IV
flux336
comicgeekelly
GigaToast
Spaced4SimonPegg
jaydee74
supervenom
THALASTDRAGON
Winter Decay
Matt
pumkinheadfan
Esbat
Ben Akers
melvinlikechris
Thundermatts
Metal Misfit
Spider_Fan14
Sci-Fi
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
gangsternerd
Toothgrinder
The Ignored One
Ric Magnum
blue halo
Denim
NorrinRadd
BlueMaxx
shining knight
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
53 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

THALASTDRAGON wrote:HEY WARREN! welcome to PoP! buddy
Thanks for the welcome bro, I appreciate it. Looking forward to conversing with all.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Warren, welcome home.

Just read:

-Deadpool Classic 1-3...

Just picked up:

-Kick-Ass HC
-Hellboy Library Edition, Vol. 1 & 2
-Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Collection (JMS), Vol. 3
-Tomb of Dracula Omnibus

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

LOOSECANNON wrote:Warren, welcome home.

Just read:

-Deadpool Classic 1-3...

Just picked up:

-Kick-Ass HC
-Hellboy Library Edition, Vol. 1 & 2
-Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Collection (JMS), Vol. 3
-Tomb of Dracula Omnibus

i picked up that 'kick-ass hc' last week, it was great. i had a borders coupon for 30% and $5 in borders bucks, so it only cost my like $12-13. and i have tha first 2 amazing spidey ultimate collections.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

got home to find a package waitin for me, wasnt expecting anything and didnt even bother to look at tha lil amazon.com in tha upper corner. so im like what is this? picked it up and noticed it was kinda heavy, im like oh yeah my books lol. my 'x-men omnibus' and 'x-men: mutant massacre hc'. only thing is im pretty sure they sent me tha wrong omnibus cover, i thought i remembered ordering tha one wit tha original cover, not tha ross cover, i gotta check online and see now.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've got the Criminal Hardcover and the Vol. 4 trade waiting for me to read them.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Finally got to my LCS and picked up Wonder Woman #42. They had to order Green Hornet #2 because they sold out and I must have forgot to pre-order it on my pull list:(.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

THALASTDRAGON wrote:got home to find a package waitin for me, wasnt expecting anything and didnt even bother to look at tha lil amazon.com in tha upper corner. so im like what is this? picked it up and noticed it was kinda heavy, im like oh yeah my books lol. my 'x-men omnibus' and 'x-men: mutant massacre hc'. only thing is im pretty sure they sent me tha wrong omnibus cover, i thought i remembered ordering tha one wit tha original cover, not tha ross cover, i gotta check online and see now.

lol...I'm sort of sad, the whole "glitch-gate" is nearly over on my end...all they have for me now is X-Men Inferno Crossovers for $11 and it doesn't ship 'til July...

and yes, isn't that ASM run incredible? I just finished the first of those collections and it was probably the best Spidey I ever read.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

LOOSECANNON wrote:
THALASTDRAGON wrote:got home to find a package waitin for me, wasnt expecting anything and didnt even bother to look at tha lil amazon.com in tha upper corner. so im like what is this? picked it up and noticed it was kinda heavy, im like oh yeah my books lol. my 'x-men omnibus' and 'x-men: mutant massacre hc'. only thing is im pretty sure they sent me tha wrong omnibus cover, i thought i remembered ordering tha one wit tha original cover, not tha ross cover, i gotta check online and see now.

lol...I'm sort of sad, the whole "glitch-gate" is nearly over on my end...all they have for me now is X-Men Inferno Crossovers for $11 and it doesn't ship 'til July...

and yes, isn't that ASM run incredible? I just finished the first of those collections and it was probably the best Spidey I ever read.

i was pissed when my original order got cancelled, especially cuz i had planned ong gettin tha x-men omnibus off ebay for like $60. then i saw it on there for $15, im like hell yeah lol, but they all got cancelled. so im thinkin i might as well just get it off ebay like i had originally planned, but then i read somebody on here spotted books they ordered but got cancelled and told customer service and they gave them tha sell price. so i figured i'd give it a shot and sure enough that book was in, so i told customer service and they said place tha order and they would adjust tha price, and in tha email they sent back they had a link to another book i ordered, x-men: mutant massacre, so i put it in tha cart as well and i they adjusted tha prices and here we are. and unfortunately, i deleted tha original emails cuz i figured tha issue was dead at tha time, so i coeven remember what tha other 4 books were that i originally ordered. and i like i said before, i wasnt expecting any packages, i actually forgot about tha books lol.

and yeah, i luv JMS spidey. i just finished vol. 1 too. im takin a trip this weekend, so ima bring tha vol. 2 along wit me. vol. 3 just came out, im not sure if im gonna get it or not, since i actually have all those issues. i think i have all those issues, as a matter of fact, tha main reason i got tha first one was to read tha 9/11 issue. im thinkin tho if i can regain access to my hotmail account (stupid windows support) and borders sends me a nice discount coupon, i might just pick up vol. 3 for tha hell of it.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ASM Ult Coll 3 by JMS should be arriving at my door any day now...

I read half of Vol. 2 yesterday, I'll read the rest today...

Boston Comic Con tomorrow, should be interesting to see what they have...my list is getting shorter by the day (still 6 full microsoft word pages, though lol)

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Took advantage of the buy 2/get 1 free Bargain Book sale at Barnes&Noble.com, as well as having my canceled X-MEN: INFERNO reinstated...

Product Description Quantity Expected Ship Date Price

Silver Surfer: Requiem 1 04-12-2010 $4.48

Mighty Avengers, Volume 1: The Ultron Initiative 1 04-12-2010 $4.48

Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure 1 04-12-2010 $0.00

X-Men: Inferno 1 04-12-2010 $10.79

Sub Total: $19.75
Shipping & Processing:
FREE

Tax: $1.23

Total Shipment Price: $20.98

Shazam!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Manhunter (series 3) #1-38
You guyswho suggested this series were dead-on. This was a must-read. The closer, the jump-ahead, was really interesting. Makes me wonder what happens from the now till then that changes things.

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Had this in the 'trades' section, but just realized...it makes more sense putting this here...if anyone else has any other Con purchases, let me know!

Here’s what I got at Boston Comic Con Saturday. It was pretty ruthless out there as I arrived an hour early and still had a shitload of people in front of me. Nothing like the people who showed up around noon or 2pm, however--sucks to be them. I happened to notice a ton of “glitch” books; a lot of vendors were selling Omnibuses for $40, I even called a guy out on it for fun…lol…If I waited I could’ve had any New X-Men, Alias, or ASM JMS collection for $5/pop. We all paid $15 for these thinking we were lucky. Once again, no collector wants to bring huge Daredevil Omibus’ (other than the notorious Bendis/Maleev Vol. 2) or Punisher Max Hardcover Collection books. I’m dying for this entire run. Oh well. Also, I noticed a lot of Starman Omnibus/Preacher Deluxe hardcovers for some odd reason. I’m starting to wonder if con vendors used THEIR free $25 Amazon coupons on these like many of us did (including yours truly). While I wasn’t WOWed by any particular book that I purchased, it surely eliminated a lot of lingering trades from my list. I’m especially happy with a lot of the DC (a lot of these books were “missing pieces” from my collection, per se) and Indy stuff I found for half off…as 80% of the stuff available at cons in trade format is your typical Marvel fare.

(Title / Retail price/Amazon price / Con price)

DC:
-Blue Beatle: Shellshocked (PB) (12.99/10.39) - $6.50
-Green Lantern: Secret Origin (PB) (14.99/10.11) - $7.50 <<<Yay! One of my finds here…I now own every GL-related book since Johns and Tomasi took over.
-Impulse: Reckless Youth (PB) (out-of-print) - $7.50
-JLA: Crisis of Conscience (PB) (12.99/10.39) - $6.50
-JSA: The Golden Age (PB) (19.99/13.59) - $10
-Manhunter: Vol. 5, Forgotten (PB) (17.99/13.49) - $9
-Outsiders/Checkmate: Checkout (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $7.50
-Secret Six: Depths (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $7.50 <<<Wow! This book isn’t even out yet on Amazon. I never once bought Secret Six, hoping for trade…and found the entire run today. Ecstatic.
-Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $7.50
-Secret Six: Unhinged (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $7.50
-Superman: Back in Action (PB) (14.99/11.24) – $7.50
-Superman: Kryptonite (PB) (14.99/10.11) - $7.50 <<<Dying to read Cooke/Sale’s take on Supes…new paperback version too.
-Superman: Sacrifice (PB) (14.99/10.19) – $7.50
-Superman: Doomsday Collection (PB) (19.99/13.59) – $10 <<<400 pages
-Wonder Woman: Down To Earth (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $7.50

Marvel:
-Antman: Irredeemable Ant-Man (PB) (34.99/23.09) – $5 <<<No joke!
-Avengers: The Initiative: Basic Training (PB) (14.99/10.19) – $5
-Avengers: The Initiative: Killed In Action (PB) (19.99/13.59) – $5
-Avengers: The Initiative: Secret Invasion (PB (16.99/13.25) – $5 <<<Since the Siege tie-ins to this book have been so good, they gave me a renewed interest in how all of this came about.
-Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 1 (HC) (19.99/13.59) - $10 <<<I know, I know, I probably could’ve had the entire omnibus for $8.24 during the glitch. In fact, it was gone by the time I jumped on…and for some odd reason I own Vol. 2 & 3 of this series in HC but not Vol. 1. Til now, I could never find it in hardcover. Check Amazon, it’s gone.
-Incredible Hercules: Love and War (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $5
-Mighty Avengers: Vol. 2: Venom Bomb (PB) ($14.99/10.19) – $5 <<<Just got Vol. 1 for $5 during the B&N bargain book sale, so this completes it.
-Moon Knight: Midnight Sun (PB) (14.99/10.19) - $5
-New Warriors: Classic, Vol. 1 (PB) (24.99/18.24) – $5 <<<Boo-yah.
-Silver Surfer: In Thy Name (PB) (10.99/8.79) - $5
-Spider-Man: Crime and Punisher (HC) (19.99/13.59) – $5
-Wolverine: The Brotherhood (PB) (out-of-print) – $8 <<<Rucka on Wolvie!
-X-Force: Vol. 2: Final Chapter (PB) (19.99/15.59) – $10
-X-Men: Angel – Revelations (PB) (19.99/14.99) – $5
-X-Men: Onslaught – The Complete Epic, Vol. 3 (PB) (29.99/19.79) - $5 <<<Awesome, but I need Vol. 2
-X-Men Legacy: Divided He Stands (PB) (15.99/10.87) – $5

Indie:
-G.I. Joe: Classic, Vol. 7 (PB) (24.99/16.49) – $12.50
-The Losers: Book 1 (Vols. 1 & 2) (PB) (19.99/13.49) – $10 <<<Couldn’t come at a more perfect time.
-Sandman: Vol. 5, 6, 7, 9 (PB) (19.99/13.59) - $10, each <<<Just finished Vol. 4. So this was most excellent.
-Sleeper: Season One & Two (PB) (24.99/16.49) - $12.50, each
-Swamp Thing: Saga of the…Book Two (HC) (24.99/16.49) – $12.50 <<<Going to have to order Book One, soon.
-Top 10: Book 2 (PB) (14.99/10.19) – $9 <<<I “overpaid” for it, but it was a need.

Retail: $760
Amazon: $540
Con Price: $320

And I bought a Deadpool t-shirt for $18…couldn’t help it. ninja

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:Manhunter (series 3) #1-38
You guyswho suggested this series were dead-on. This was a must-read. The closer, the jump-ahead, was really interesting. Makes me wonder what happens from the now till then that changes things.

Totally agreed. Your post inspired me to read Vol. 5, Forgotten today....it was excellent...but wasn't the art frighteningly like Alias? Well, duh, that's cause Gaydos did both! Like, you, Bluemaxx, I really enjoyed the "jump-ahead" as well.

I also read Moon Knight, Vol. 2: Midnight Sun...and I liked it for the most part, but it's easily the worst of all the MK trades since before Huston's run...a lot of the guest appearances were slapped on (i.e. Punisher--whos appearance had more meaning down in Mexico later on, and Captain America/Tony Stark...basically just clinging off Civil War). Also, the final chapter before the Annual was the most confusing non-Morrison comic I've ever read.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Area 10 HC
Joker HC
Jack of Fables Vol. 1: The (Nearly) Great Escape
Walking Dead Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars
20th Century Boys Vol. 1

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just bought backiisues at my LCBS;
Transformers #1 new series
Batman Arkham Asylum special that reprints some short stories like the Joker story form early Robin sereis where he accounts his old fights with Robin
Marvels Eye of the Camer #6, great finale

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

these came today:

What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 6 AAAADLwlTxUAAAAAALhfIw
What Are Your Recent Purchases? What Are You Reading Now? - Page 6 NOV090713_m

gonna start them right away!

Last edited by pumkinheadfan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Tomer Soiker wrote:Area 10 HC
Joker HC
Jack of Fables Vol. 1: The (Nearly) Great Escape
Walking Dead Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars
20th Century Boys Vol. 1
Also ordered:

Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? TP
Fogtown HC
Marvels: Eye of the Camera HC

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ultimate Comics: Spider-man, the World according to Peter Parker
fantastic story. loved it.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hardcore Station #1-6. Possibly the weakest story I've read from Starlin, but still had its moments. Introduced Chief Justice Max and Synnar to the DCU.

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Reading Crossed by Garth Ennis. This is one crazy arc, I don't know what surprise is waiting for me when I turn the next page. If you've read this story already then you know what I'm talking about. what da fuck?

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Adam Strange (2nd series) #1-8. Really puts Adam Strange into the mix of things with space-based DCU characters. Normally he was a lone gunmen of sorts. Great story, involving Starbreaker, bringing Thanagaraians, Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N., and sets the course for the Infinite Crisis prelude mini Rann/Thanagar War.

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Yesterday I picked up ASM #282, 285, and 287.
Completing a run from #195-299

Found an excellent condition ASM #527 for Fifty cents. now just need #525 to complete another run from Vol. 2 #40-580

Also got FNSM #3 variant.
Completing My FNSM collection.

Yesterday was a good day. yes

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just ordered Preacher Vol. 4, The Boys Vol. 4 and Hack/Slash Vol. 4.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Today I read Elephantmen #25. This is a must buy, in my opinion. Because it's the 25th issue there are 25 different artists in this book. More people need to read this series and this is a good jumping on point if you want to get into it.

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Picked these up today:

Wonder Woman #43
Hack/Slash #32
Green Hornet #3
The Walking Dead #71

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next