Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The SNL Thread

+25
Paroxysm
The Ignored One
Mnemosis
shark6495
Spaced4SimonPegg
Batman25JM
ChrisToPhenom
Heytherejeffro
The_Donster
(._Y_.)
Ben Akers
Thundermatts
Denim
Astro13Zombie
Justin
BlueMaxx
Administrator
alucardbarnivous
superdoug
Combo Mo
Esbat
Topcat
Debaser77
Silent K
Metal Misfit
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Taylor Swift...didn't expect much, but it felt like I got a little funny out of this. Most of her skits were tough to watch, being that she's not an actress. She's adorable. Just that that didn't take it too far. Weekend Update with Amy was very cool.

Next week!
The SNL Thread - Page 5 January-jones-71

102The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:14 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Taylor Swift...didn't expect much, but it felt like I got a little funny out of this. Most of her skits were tough to watch, being that she's not an actress. She's adorable. Just that that didn't take it too far. Weekend Update with Amy was very cool.

Next week!
The SNL Thread - Page 5 January-jones-71
Who's she in the photo? Never mind...January Jones.

103The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Taylor Swift's hosting gig was summed up by the Scared Straight skit. She was basically a placeholder.

I don't think January Jones is up to snuff with SNL caliber hosts, either. If you don't watch Mad Men, you don't know who the fuck she is.

104The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I did have to look her up. Heh. I recognized her, though.

105The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:58 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I had to look January Jones up, too...I knew the name, but didn't know what she was from.

-Taylor Swift was better than I expected...She was pretty funny. A couple skits she struggled though, but a few others she really impressed me.

-I loved "Swine Fever", Nicholas Fehn, the digital short "Firelight", and Scared Straight.

-I usually love Wiig as Penelope...but this one was weak.

-The View skit was a train wreck.

-The Roommates skit was just plain annoying.

106The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:30 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The only thing I really laughed at was the Parent Drivers sketch. The Digital Short was pretty decent, too. Everything else was kinda boring.

107The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:01 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SNL skits are so much funnier when the actors start laughing in the middle of them.
Laughing

108The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I stopped watching SNL years ago. I just don't think it's that funny anymore. It's actually painful to watch some of the skits where no one is laughing.

I watched this last episode for one reason and one reason only: Taylor Swift. I wub her.

I thought she did an okay job. I really liked her monologue. The Parent Drivers sketch was pretty good (she was still cute in the head gear). The "Firelight" thing was okay. I mainly liked it to see a brunette Taylor ( I love you ). The scared straight sketch was pretty funny as well. I like Keenan (the funniest thing was the cast laughing).

Weekend Update was actually pretty good. I like Seth Meyers. The PPMMSS thing had me laughing pretty hard. As did Nicholas Fehn. And I'm in complete agreement with Seth, I hate those ASPCA commercials.

The Penelope thing was just weird and annoying. I didn't care for it (but at least I got to see more brunette Taylor).

Combo Mo wrote:SNL skits are so much funnier when the actors start laughing in the middle of them.
Laughing

QFT.

109The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Abby Elliot as Sarah Mclachlan was pretty funny.

The "guest stars" on Weekend Update are usually a homerun. But I fucking HATE Nicholas Fehn.

110The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Abby Elliot as Sarah Mclachlan was pretty funny.

The "guest stars" on Weekend Update are usually a homerun. But I fucking HATE Nicholas Fehn.

The only thing I hate about Nicholas Fehn is that I usually laugh so hard I piss myself. don't know

Laughing

I know what ya mean though...he's one of those love 'em or hate 'em type of characters.

111The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:The only thing I really laughed at was the Parent Drivers sketch. The Digital Short was pretty decent, too. Everything else was kinda boring.
I thought the Twilight parody was the best I'd ever seen with the Frankesteins. Strangling. Heh.

Combo Mo wrote:SNL skits are so much funnier when the actors start laughing in the middle of them.
Laughing
Sometimes. I love to watch the scared straight sketch because it seems Keenan always tries, and is usually successful, at making Hader laugh.

Silent K wrote:Abby Elliot as Sarah Mclachlan was pretty funny.

Nicholas Fehn should've lasted to only the rule of 3, and have been spaced far apart. The joke was pretty much over after the first one, but you can get away with repetition with that type of joke up to about 3 times.

112The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I liked Abby Elliott as Sarah McLachlan too.

"Doo Bee DAH Bee Day."

113The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did enjoy Taylor Swift's Shakira.

114The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:58 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like most predicted, it was kind of weak. They just kept putting her in her schtick with the 50s/60s settings.
Enjoyed the digital short, although an easy joke. Cool to see Michelle Bison back. Scarlett's is still the best.
The SNL Thread - Page 5 2007-04-21-7

115The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:47 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Highlight for me was the Black Eyed Peas, their first performacnce was amazing, it is rare to see the musical guests use confettii cannons. Plus they actully do their performing live. I just wish the last song they did would of been their second one, I perfer their more upbeat songs.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

116The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Kathie Lee and the awkward lesbian reporter sketch were the only things I laughed at, mostly because Kristin Wiig cracks me up. Everything else fell flat, and January Jones is NOT FUNNY. I hope the latter part of the season will give us more hosts that can actually do comedy.

117The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:07 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Kathie Lee and the awkward lesbian reporter sketch were the only things I laughed at, mostly because Kristin Wiig cracks me up. Everything else fell flat, and January Jones is NOT FUNNY. I hope the latter part of the season will give us more hosts that can actually do comedy.
QFT

I was not impressed with January Jones...at all. Almost the entire show was a train wreck, and parts were painful to watch.

I've never watched Mad Men...and after seeing both Jon Hamm and January Jones host SNL, I probably never will.

118The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Jon Hamm's actually a pretty funny guy. His guest appearances on 30 Rock were hilarious...his SNL appearance was a dud because the writers didn't know what to do with him, which was probably the case with January Jones too.

119The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved the impersonation of Kim Kardashian.. Laughing

120The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit was first, and has the better title with the generalization.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/cinema-and-tv-f7/saturday-night-live-season-35-t1248-80.htm

Fusion!!
The SNL Thread - Page 5 Fusion

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's next. G.I.Joe setup in the host's introduction? Place your bets. Wink

121The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

My suggestion to SNL - no more flash-in-the-pan actresses with little to no comedic skills.

122The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:15 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:My suggestion to SNL - no more flash-in-the-pan actresses with little to no comedic skills.

I don't really think that an actress who just finished the third season of a show she's been on from the first episode can really be called a 'flash in the pan.' Just because you didn't care for her on SNL doesn't mean she doesn't ROCK THE FUCK out of the part of Betty Draper on 'Mad Men.'

I will admit that she's not a very comedic actress. But, comedy is a million times harder than drama. Believe it.

123The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Good point, Doug. I was referring more to Megan Fox than January Jones, who wasn't funny but at least delivered her lines well.

124The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:38 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh, yes. Well, Megan Fox definitely qualifies for that definition. Laughing

125The SNL Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:My suggestion to SNL - no more flash-in-the-pan actresses with little to no comedic skills.

I don't really think that an actress who just finished the third season of a show she's been on from the first episode can really be called a 'flash in the pan.' Just because you didn't care for her on SNL doesn't mean she doesn't ROCK THE FUCK out of the part of Betty Draper on 'Mad Men.'

I will admit that she's not a very comedic actress. But, comedy is a million times harder than drama. Believe it.

But for those that have never watched Mad Men (like myself)...was it a smart move to showcase her on SNL? Did it help to promote either show? Not in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum