Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The SNL Thread

+25
Paroxysm
The Ignored One
Mnemosis
shark6495
Spaced4SimonPegg
Batman25JM
ChrisToPhenom
Heytherejeffro
The_Donster
(._Y_.)
Ben Akers
Thundermatts
Denim
Astro13Zombie
Justin
BlueMaxx
Administrator
alucardbarnivous
superdoug
Combo Mo
Esbat
Topcat
Debaser77
Silent K
Metal Misfit
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:Upcoming:

4/10/10: Tina Fey/Justin Bieber
4/17/10: Ryan Phillippe/Ke$ha
4/24/10: Gabourey Sidibe/MGMT
5/8/10: Betty White/TBA

I personally think the show sucks now, and have pretty much zero interest in it, but I can't wait to see Betty White host. I love that woman.

277The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thought the Bieber skit with the teacher was funny. I just didn't listen to his music, and the show was pretty fun(ny).

278The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saturday Night Live in the 2000s starts at 9PM (EST) if anyone's interested in watching or setting their DVRs.

279The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:00 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a214243/snl-cast-impressed-by-justin-bieber.html
Saturday Night Live cast members have reportedly praised Justin Bieber following his guest appearance on the show.

The 'Baby' star performed on last weekend's episode, as well as joining Tina Fey in a sketch about a teacher and her student.

Speaking to People, show star Bill Hader said: "He's a confident kid. That guy definitely doesn't hold back, which I was really impressed with. If I was as confident at that age, my life would've been a lot easier."

Co-star Kenan Thompson added: "He's a ball of energy. He's a cool young 16-year-old kid who is on top of the world."

Bieber also impressed head writer Seth Meyers, who described him as a "force of nature", and executive producer Lorne Michaels who branded him a "complete pro".

I thought he did a pretty good job.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

280The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didn't care much for Phillipes episode.

281The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

It was about as good as I expected it to be. The ICP knock-off sketch at the end was amusing, but overall it wasn't that memorable of an episode.

And who the hell is Ke$ha?!! Laughing

282The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:30 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Gabourey Sidibe did an okay job...she was very charming in many of her sketches, if not particularly funny. That Digital Short was AWFUL, though.

283The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Cherry Battle, more than usual, was absurd to a point where there actually was no humor.

284The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:24 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I managed to get all the way to when she came out and struck a pose before the monologue. Then I turned it. No thanks. She did the same shit at the Oscars, and I lost any respect for her. Have some class at some point. And get over yourself.

285The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually got a kick out of Cherry Battle.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

286The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked the rant on Girl Scout cookies in the news section.

287The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I'm not a big Seth Myers fan, but I loved his rant against Arizona's Anti-Immigration bill. "It's a dry fascism, but it's fascism nonetheless."

288The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Should I Hulu this? I've seen her interviews and she seems spritey. So, it seems, like there wouldn't be any lame-duck sketches, even if the humor is weak.

I was so tired Saturday, as soon as she started her monologue I conked out, and I woke up--guess--5 after 1. Rolling Eyes Heh.

289The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:It was about as good as I expected it to be. The ICP knock-off sketch at the end was amusing, but overall it wasn't that memorable of an episode.

And who the hell is Ke$ha?!! Laughing

Ke$ha? She's super annoying, but there's something about her. I dunno what though.

290The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Thu May 06, 2010 2:11 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

291The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Thu May 06, 2010 6:57 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Not that I'm not pleased that Betty White will be on SNL, but what has she done lately to warrant a hosting gig?

292The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 12:06 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How has no one posted about Saturday's show? Betty White was AMAZING. It was one of the funniest episodes of SNL in a while. Very consistent.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Debaser77 wrote:Not that I'm not pleased that Betty White will be on SNL, but what has she done lately to warrant a hosting gig?

She was in The Proposal, she's in a highly popular Snickers ad, she was the first woman in America with her own sitcom, she killed at the SAG awards during her speech, she killed at the roast on Comedy Central, she's got a new TV series coming out on TVLand, she's considered a comedy legend....there are plenty of reasons to have her host.

293The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

She did a great job, and I loved seeing all the female alums come back. Maya Rudolph is STILL fine as hell.

294The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I kind of resent the idea that this week's episode was SO much better than those in recent memory. It was a great episode, but SNL has been fucking SOLID all season, for the past 3 seasons even, with a few misses here and there.

I think it's just a case of a LOT of fairweather fans jumping back in to the fold because the Betty White thing had gone viral.

295The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I kind of resent the idea that this week's episode was SO much better than those in recent memory. It was a great episode, but SNL has been fucking SOLID all season, for the past 3 seasons even, with a few misses here and there.

I think it's just a case of a LOT of fairweather fans jumping back in to the fold because the Betty White thing had gone viral.

I don't dispute that this season has been solid; they've done some great work. But this episode was funnier than the others. At least, the most consistently funny. That's all I meant.

P.S. Why so resentful? You didn't act in any episodes this season, and you didn't write any of them, so it's a little bit silly to resent an idea that you merely disagree with. It wasn't a personal insult, after all. tongue

Last edited by superdoug on Mon May 10, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

296The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 4:39 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Wizard of ASS!

Such a good episode. Every skit was great as opposed to 2 or 3.

297The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

The last sketch was a ripoff of the classic Walken census sketch, but Betty's delivery made it a riot.

298The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 5:56 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did think, however, that they missed a golden opportunity with MacGruber this week. With Maya Rudolph returning, they missed a prime chance to have an awkward moment when MacGruber's ex-assistant (Rudolph) and current assistant (Wiig) attempt to assist at the same time, creating an awkward moment that dooms them all. Or something similar.

But, that's a minor quibble, at best.

299The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:
Silent K wrote:I kind of resent the idea that this week's episode was SO much better than those in recent memory. It was a great episode, but SNL has been fucking SOLID all season, for the past 3 seasons even, with a few misses here and there.

I don't dispute that this season has been solid; they've done some great work. But this episode was funnier than the others. At least, the most consistently funny. That's all I meant.

P.S. Why so resentful? You didn't act in any episodes this season, and you didn't write any of them, so it's a little bit silly to resent an idea that you merely disagree with. It wasn't a personal insult, after all. tongue

I don't take it personally...like I said, I enjoyed the episode, but I think a lot of the "SNL hasn't been funny until now" comments are misinformed. The episode got a lot of traction on novelty alone, and the fact that she's a billion years old. I hope people continue watching.

300The SNL Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The SNL Thread Mon May 10, 2010 9:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:She did a great job, and I loved seeing all the female alums come back. Maya Rudolph is STILL fine as hell.
It was cool to see them all back.

Dusty Muffin for the win!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum