Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remaking/Rebooting Movie Maniacs/Monsters

+6
Astro13Zombie
Silent K
Foxy
melvinlikechris
supervenom
BlueMaxx
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Remaking/Rebooting Movie Maniacs/Monsters Empty Remaking/Rebooting Movie Maniacs/Monsters Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:52 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hills Have Eyes, Halloween, Friday the 13th, and now Nightmare on Elm Street is next. I've heard about Child's Play (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15929) and Hellraiser (http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE00Q045AO5N29) being remade with loose-talk. And I can't wait for Mister Pennywise when It is remade. Not to mention Night of the Demons for October 9th, although it doesn't quite have me confident for some reason.

Are you guys enjoying these remakes? Why or why not? If yes, do you want more? Which ones?

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Enjoyed TCM, Halloween and Friday the 13th. don't have a problem with reboots as long as they add something new to the mix.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We have enjoyed some good (although completely unneccesary) remakes of Hills Have Eyes, Halloween and Friday 13th, but have had to sit through some awful remakes of Black Christmas, The Fog and The Hitcher.

I just hope they don't remake the following:
Creepshow
An American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead
Escape From New York

I hope they don't.... but they probably will

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finally! Responses! Heh.

supervenom wrote:don't have a problem with reboots as long as they add something new to the mix.
Hear, hear.

melvinlikechris wrote:We have enjoyed some good (although completely unneccesary) remakes of Hills Have Eyes, Halloween and Friday 13th, but have had to sit through some awful remakes of Black Christmas, The Fog and The Hitcher.
The Hitcher remake was okay in my book. Wasn't boring. Haven't cared to see Black Christmas's remake. The first was neat. I saw it in a Horror Film Class. Answer me this, even though I'm sure there is supposed to be speculation: There were two killers, ya? The BF and the creep in the attic?

Creepshow
Evil Dead
Escape From New York

I hope they don't.... but they probably will[/quote]
Eh, they don't need to remake Creepshow, in a sense. Just revamp with new stories with said title. Like they do with the Tales from the Crypts and what they're doing with Twilight Zone.
I hope they leave Landis's classic alone, too. It is easily my favorite werewolf film of all time.
Evil Dead I don't believe can be touched by anyone but Raimi. As far as film studios. I know his stuff has quite a following with Dynamite and maybe Dark Horse still.
This is the one that I can easily see being remade. I mean, post-apocalyptic worlds have been a fascination of movie-goers since War of the Worlds has been adapted. Easily can see this being recycled.

I'd be up for a Prophecy remake, but I think with the film Legion coming out, that it'd be poor timing.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
The Hitcher remake was okay in my book. Wasn't boring. Haven't cared to see Black Christmas's remake. The first was neat. I saw it in a Horror Film Class. Answer me this, even though I'm sure there is supposed to be speculation: There were two killers, ya? The BF and the creep in the attic?

Creepshow
Evil Dead
Escape From New York

Eh, they don't need to remake Creepshow, in a sense. Just revamp with new stories with said title. Like they do with the Tales from the Crypts and what they're doing with Twilight Zone.
I hope they leave Landis's classic alone, too. It is easily my favorite werewolf film of all time.
Evil Dead I don't believe can be touched by anyone but Raimi. As far as film studios. I know his stuff has quite a following with Dynamite and maybe Dark Horse still.
This is the one that I can easily see being remade. I mean, post-apocalyptic worlds have been a fascination of movie-goers since War of the Worlds has been adapted. Easily can see this being recycled.

I'd be up for a Prophecy remake, but I think with the film Legion coming out, that it'd be poor timing.

In the Black Xmas remake, the creep in the attic is given a very unoriginal back story (he was born with a skin condition, his dad was murdered in front of him, he was forced to live in the attic and was raped by his mum blah blah blah) and the other killer is his sister. I hated this remake becuase it the whole film was just I giant cliche, and I have a lot of respect for Bob Clark's original.

You're right they don't need to remake Creepshow, but did they need to remake Halloween, Black Xmas, TCM, The Last House on the Left, The Fog and countless others?

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I gotcha. Remakes are never really needed, but are they wanted? 20 years is a whole different age. Especially with pop-culture and, specifically, our culture.

Alien is apparently being remade. Forgot to mention that.

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:
It's a prequel, not really a remake. Ridley Scott is directing it.

Poltergeist is getting a remake though.

http://www.foxyart.net

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'd be interested to see who is cast as Pennywise. Tim Curry fucked me up for life.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Tim Curry fucked me up for life.
lol!

Remaking/Rebooting Movie Maniacs/Monsters Thaa1

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
It's a prequel, not really a remake. Ridley Scott is directing it.

Poltergeist is getting a remake though.
Oh, that's right.

Poltergeist, huh? IDK. Suspect

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the remakes for the most part. Remaking IT doesn't sit well with me, there's nothing wrong with the original. I'm sure it'll be a lot darker than the original and if they really stick to the novel it'll prolly be cool but I can't see anyone else as Pennywise, but Tim Curry.
I can think of a few more Stephen King remakes that need to be done. The Langoliers, Sometimes They Come Back, and Silver Bullet (aka Cycle of the Werewolf) just to name a few.
Escape From New York does NOT need to be remade. The sequel that they made for it sucked something awful.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I've read the IT remake will be told through the POV of Beverly.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I generally don't care for horror movies because I am a big sloppy pussy, so I have no interest n the remakes because I have no interest in the originals. However, I would love to see more remakes/modern adaptations of the old Universal monster movies. I can't wait for The Wolf-man; I hope it is able to jump start Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature (stole my Twinkie!), etc. movies.

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I've read the IT remake will be told through the POV of Beverly.

I hate Hollywood. neutral

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I generally don't care for horror movies because I am a big sloppy pussy, so I have no interest n the remakes because I have no interest in the originals. However, I would love to see more remakes/modern adaptations of the old Universal monster movies. I can't wait for The Wolf-man; I hope it is able to jump start Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature (stole my Twinkie!), etc. movies.
Now that makes sense. The classics are great but retelling the stories in a modern way would be great to see...as long as they don't turn into giant Pepsi commercials or anything.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:We have enjoyed some good (although completely unneccesary) remakes of Hills Have Eyes, Halloween and Friday 13th, but have had to sit through some awful remakes of Black Christmas, The Fog and The Hitcher.

Creepshow
Evil Dead
Escape From New York

I see what you did there. You picked four movies either confirmed or rumoured to be getting remakes and are feigning ignorance about that fact. Clever sir.

And Joshua, The Mummy was remade. The somewhat recent Mummy flicks are the Universal Mummy remake. And if I remember correctly, Van Helsing was supposed to be a springboard to get everyone else their own movie, but thankfully, it bombed. I'm a huge Frankenstein fan (in any form) and I believe I read somewhere that Universal is interested in remaking it.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:

Creepshow
Evil Dead
Escape From New York

I see what you did there. You picked four movies either confirmed or rumoured to be getting remakes and are feigning ignorance about that fact. Clever sir.

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!!

These films have confirmed remakes!!!

God damn it!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:
Joshua wrote:I generally don't care for horror movies because I am a big sloppy pussy, so I have no interest n the remakes because I have no interest in the originals. However, I would love to see more remakes/modern adaptations of the old Universal monster movies. I can't wait for The Wolf-man; I hope it is able to jump start Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature (stole my Twinkie!), etc. movies.
Now that makes sense. The classics are great but retelling the stories in a modern way would be great to see...as long as they don't turn into giant Pepsi commercials or anything.
That'd be cool. The Wolfman trailer was impressive. The Invisible Man should be next. Has anyone seen the original Universal Monsters flick? It holds up, IMO.

melvinlikechris wrote:
Creepshow
Evil Dead
Escape From New York
melvinlikechris wrote:
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!!

These films have confirmed remakes!!!

God damn it!
Ya, that does suck a bit.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote: The Invisible Man should be next. Has anyone seen the original Universal Monsters flick? It holds up, IMO.
The original is amazing.
If the wolf man does well I'm sure we will see remakes of most of the universal monsters movies..
I would see them...but it just wouldn't feel right without the original actors that made the characters as big as they are.

Boris Karloff FTW Sad

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I do love me some Karloff and Lugosi.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Found this list of upcoming horror-remakes. Some have already happened. Still, some of the ones I didn't know about.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_14469.html

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Actually they're not remaking Evil Dead due to the huge online backlash, Raimi confirmed ED4 that the script is being worked on by himself and his brother.

http://realityfugitives.com/

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ooo. *crosses fingers* Erhm. unsure I don't know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum