Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

26Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

Might make for some interesting story lines down the road with all of the different Corps members being forced to work together.

27Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

Might make for some interesting story lines down the road with all of the different Corps members being forced to work together.
that would be crazy! i like it!!

28Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

For those of you that didn't know; next Wednesday (11/11/09) the "Green Lantern: Agent Orange" trade is coming out. It contains GL #39-42. Hardcover. $20

Also, "GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EMERALD ECLIPSE" trade is released on 11/18. Contains issues #33-38. HC $25

Good for readers like me that are missing those issues.

29Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Anyone else thinking that each of the defacto leaders of the individual Corps are going to be the new Guardians post BN? I'm sort of getting away from the whole White Lantern thing and leaning towards that, one White Power Battery supplying all of the Corps who will serve in different roles prtecting the Universe.

I think you are on to something. I do still think there may be a White Lantern/s powered up for some final battle but not necessarily on an ongoing basis. Your idea sounds almost like a Council that replaces the Guardians. However, why would the Red Lanterns, for example, be interested in protecting the universe?

30Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

I think you are on to something. I do still think there may be a White Lantern/s powered up for some final battle but not necessarily on an ongoing basis. Your idea sounds almost like a Council that replaces the Guardians. However, why would the Red Lanterns, for example, be interested in protecting the universe?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the heads of the different Corps becoming like the new Guardians, but like you said, certain Corps. would have no interest in protecting the universe.

31Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:34 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I don't think Atrocitus could be around Sinestro that long without trying to kill him.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

32Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

An Orange Lantern protecting the Universe? Not gonna happen.

33Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Obviously you'd have a hard time getting the Red, Orange, and even Yellow to fall in line with any sort of order, it's pretty inherent in their place in the emotional spectrum, but again, we also have no earthly idea what the landscape of the post BN universe will be, so there may very well be a role or complete lack of those corps as well.

Attrocicus and Sinestro may very well be forced to work together, which will certainly be interesting to see, in the next issue of GL since it looks like that's the goal is to unite all of the defacto leaders of the Corps and then go to fight the source of the Black Lanterns.

I could certainly see Larfleeze on the council but staying clear like he has in the past only to use him as a threat down the road.

Red Lanterns, well, they're fairly uncontrolable unless Attrocicus is around so I've got no idea how you'd use them, shock troops maybe?

I was just throwing something out that's been buzzing around my head for a bit.

34Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
Red Lanterns, well, they're fairly uncontrolable unless Attrocicus is around so I've got no idea how you'd use them, shock troops maybe?

I wonder what will happen once Guy gets the red ring.

35Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:32 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I wonder what will happen once Guy gets the red ring.

Probably the same thing that happened to Hal.

"Blarghhhh, Kill, Grrr, Wolverines, Rarrghhhhh!"

36Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Laughing

37Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some guys at my LCS were talking about Atrocious's comments to his former allies at the beginning of GL #47, they said it sounds like Johns is sort of taking a little jab back at Alan Moore for his comments about Blackest Night being taken from his ideas...his now famous "raccoons going through his trash in the dead of night" comment. Laughing

Atrocious said, "Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

They might be reading way too much into it, but I thought it was a pretty interesting theory. tongue

38Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

You never know.

Now I have to go back and reread it.

39Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:02 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like that theory! Laughing

40Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

"Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

Well, can't blame Johns if he did actually take a pot shot at Alan Moore but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would purposely do that unless it was meant as a joke.

That is a nice catch though, I didn't even notice it when I was reading the issue.

41Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
"Your prophecy was a whisper in this shouting match, Qull. And it was inaccurate. You did not see the rise of Sinestro. Or the birth of the emotional spectrum. Or the dead returning. You four babbled verses of rhetoric instead of forging ahead as I did."

Well, can't blame Johns if he did actually take a pot shot at Alan Moore but he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would purposely do that unless it was meant as a joke.

That is a nice catch though, I didn't even notice it when I was reading the issue.

Haha yeah when I first read it, I actually did think that bit of dialogue seemed kinda off or out of place for some reason, but I didn't think anything of it beyond that. So that theory did make some sense when I heard it. If its true, that's pretty damn hilarious and well played on Johns's part. Laughing

42Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Just starting to read GL, but I did grab the last four issues pertaining to Blackest Night, which makes sense to read while BN is currently happening. Great issues! I love Geoff's writing, and Mahnke's art is okay, but I think it was a lousy inking job. That aside, I'm happy that I did pick these up. I didn't notice that line as a pot shot of any kind, but then, I'm still new to this Gl thing!

43Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

blue halo wrote:Just starting to read GL, but I did grab the last four issues pertaining to Blackest Night, which makes sense to read while BN is currently happening. Great issues! I love Geoff's writing, and Mahnke's art is okay, but I think it was a lousy inking job. That aside, I'm happy that I did pick these up. I didn't notice that line as a pot shot of any kind, but then, I'm still new to this Gl thing!
Welcome Aboard! Poozer! ;-)

44Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:19 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern - Page 2 1256653670223

So what happens if a red lantern loses their ring after getting their heart ripped out? If at the end they don't get their hearts back, would this mean they are tied to their rings? Especially Atroticus? Suspect

And wouldn't have this been cool?

Green Lantern - Page 2 RedLanternDoomsdaycopy

A man can dream, can't he? Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total

45Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:42 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:

That actually scars the hell out of me!!

46Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:And wouldn't have this been cool?

Ohh make one of Hulk! Twisted Evil

47Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:And wouldn't have this been cool?

That would have been frakkin' awesome!!

48Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doomsday as an unkillable Red Lantern... holy hell.

http://realityfugitives.com/

49Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Bahhh, Doomday.

No one will withstand the might of Dex-Starr!!!

50Green Lantern - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:05 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Bahhh, Doomday.

No one will withstand the might of Dex-Starr!!!
this is true, even Doomsday qualls in the presence of Dex-starr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum