Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:05 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#62 was good. Interesting mystery as to who it was that Krona & Ganthet locked up that the Guardians are going to set free. (At least I assumed that was a bit of the future Hal saw before he woke up in the satellite.) Intriguing bit about losing one of the four 2814 Lanterns, as well.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

352Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #62

Excellent issue. Things have picked up the last couple issues after kind of a post-BN lull there. Krona's past and motivations are really intriguing. We also got a little glimpse into the future of the War of the Green Lanterns coming up. That flashback with Krona and the Oans was great...very interesting to see them all wearing the White Lantern symbol of life back then. It was also nice to see Supes and Bats show up. Johns continues to write Hal and Bruce's relationship as frosty at best lol.

Best line: "I want that stick! Gimme!" Laughing

353Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:56 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was kinda hilarious that Bruce was wearing Dick!Bat's costume the whole time though...

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

354Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I thought it was kinda hilarious that Bruce was wearing Dick!Bat's costume the whole time though...
THANK YOU! I thought I was reading the issue wrong. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this issue. I can see the War of the Green Lanterns ready to explode and I am just jazzed to see how that is just going to shape the future of this franchise. It's going to be awesome.

355Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #62

Good issue. I'm glad this arc is over though. It has had it's ups, but it dragged a little too.

I thought the art in this issue was a little uneven. There were some great panels, but some really sloppy ones.

jaydee74 wrote:
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:I thought it was kinda hilarious that Bruce was wearing Dick!Bat's costume the whole time though...
THANK YOU! I thought I was reading the issue wrong. Aside from that, I really enjoyed this issue. I can see the War of the Green Lanterns ready to explode and I am just jazzed to see how that is just going to shape the future of this franchise. It's going to be awesome.

Yeah, when I first saw him I was wondering if it was actually Bruce (figured it was Bruce before they called him by name though because Dick being there wouldn't make sense). Having two Batmen is starting to get on my nerves again.

Technically though I'd say that was more Bruce's old costume because of the belt design.

356Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious about the future loss of one of the four 2814 Lanterns. I wonder what that means. It could be death, resignation, or losing them to another Corps.

I just hope it's not death. If it is, I know the death won't be Hal. I pray it's not Guy because Tomasi writes him so well, and he's become my favorite. If they kill John DC will probably get more "DC is racist" backlash, and Kyle has a big fan base and killing him would not please them.

357Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:31 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Question: I do not want to buy Corps, during GL Wars- will it make sense if I just get GL and that's it? I honestly don't want to get the other books.

*Not because I can't afford it, but because it's extra books that I'll be getting because *I have to* and not want to. I probably won't either way, but just curious.

358Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:54 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really considering dropping GL durring War of the GL because I have no want to buy two books I don't already.

359Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:09 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Batman25JM wrote:I'm curious about the future loss of one of the four 2814 Lanterns. I wonder what that means. It could be death, resignation, or losing them to another Corps.
Well, The cover of GL #65

Green Lantern - Page 15 17534_400x600

tends to support the latter.

prescribeddrone wrote:Question: I do not want to buy Corps, during GL Wars- will it make sense if I just get GL and that's it?
No way for us to tell yet. Ask again once it's started.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

360Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if there will be any greater fallout between Hal and the other heroes for siding with the other Lanterns. I'm imagining a loss of trust similar to what happened with Batman and the Tower of Babel arc in JLA.

361Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Brian Cunningham

Brian Cunningham
Cadet
Cadet

prescribeddrone wrote:Question: I do not want to buy Corps, during GL Wars- will it make sense if I just get GL and that's it? I honestly don't want to get the other books.

*Not because I can't afford it, but because it's extra books that I'll be getting because *I have to* and not want to. I probably won't either way, but just curious.

You will want to read all the "War" books, trust me. This is not me being a DC shill (well…I guess that's kinda unavoidable in my case). Some of the biggest story beats of "War" happen in GLC and GLEW, not just in GL. If you want to read a cool GL story that just happens to run through all 3 titles, "War" is a keeper. And I wish I could get into all the consequences that the "War" brings about…yowza!

Suffice to say, fans of good comic books won't be lacking with "War."

BC

362Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice! yes

363Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:00 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Green Lantern #62

Excellent issue. Things have picked up the last couple issues after kind of a post-BN lull there. Krona's past and motivations are really intriguing. We also got a little glimpse into the future of the War of the Green Lanterns coming up. That flashback with Krona and the Oans was great...very interesting to see them all wearing the White Lantern symbol of life back then. It was also nice to see Supes and Bats show up. Johns continues to write Hal and Bruce's relationship as frosty at best lol.

Best line: "I want that stick! Gimme!" Laughing
My favourite line was Batman's "Typical".

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #62

Good issue. I'm glad this arc is over though. It has had it's ups, but it dragged a little too.

I thought the art in this issue was a little uneven. There were some great panels, but some really sloppy ones.
I'd say that was due to the multiple inkers.

I think the most interesting side of #62 was the historical Krona stuff. It seems possible this character that Krona and Ganthet have imprisoned at the beginning is actually someone/something new. From Krona says it seems highly likely the character had something to do with the beginnings of the entities. Perhaps even created them???

364Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brian Cunningham wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Question: I do not want to buy Corps, during GL Wars- will it make sense if I just get GL and that's it? I honestly don't want to get the other books.

You will want to read all the "War" books, trust me. This is not me being a DC shill (well…I guess that's kinda unavoidable in my case). Some of the biggest story beats of "War" happen in GLC and GLEW, not just in GL. If you want to read a cool GL story that just happens to run through all 3 titles, "War" is a keeper. And I wish I could get into all the consequences that the "War" brings about…yowza!

Suffice to say, fans of good comic books won't be lacking with "War."

BC

Well, I guess I'll give it a shot and see how I feel Very Happy

365Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm kind of tired of the whole Bruce/Hal thing already. It's like you get an issue where they seem to get past it and then you get another issue where everything from the previous issue was erased and the two are back at square one. It just feels like the relationship between the two never evolves.

366Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #62

I'd say that was due to the multiple inkers.

Yeah, that makes sense.

367Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so super excited for this Green Lantern war. It's going to be all kinds of awesome and I wanted to link this article:

Piecing Together War Of The Green Lanterns
http://insidepulse.com/2011/02/22/piecing-together-war-of-the-green-lanterns/

368Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

another great issue! I too am intruged by Kronas past and the development of the entities. I liked has thought/comment on Krona "I remember him being bigger" I do to I am not all that familiar with the guardians that much but in the scene they were wearing the white lantern symbol they too were all big. what ause them to shrink down to thier current size?

369Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:another great issue! I too am intruged by Kronas past and the development of the entities. I liked has thought/comment on Krona "I remember him being bigger" I do to I am not all that familiar with the guardians that much but in the scene they were wearing the white lantern symbol they too were all big. what ause them to shrink down to thier current size?
Those are interesting questions and I would imagine questions that will have answers soon enough and that makes me very giddy.

370Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:...very interesting to see them all wearing the White Lantern symbol of life back then.

I thought it made sense, particularly when you consider what Krona's actions caused, and what might have happened as a result. Perhaps the fracturing of the multiverse caused the Entities to be split off from the White, and the backlash caused the dwarfism existent in the Oans today. Recall also that the Zamarons were the original female Oans, and they are tall and willowy -- apparently untouched by whatever affected the Guardians.

But I think it more interesting that they were wearing the white, and during the Blackest Night, we saw a Guardian disemboweled, and all their major organs are colored with the emotional spectrum. I can't believe the two things aren't related.

371Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:...very interesting to see them all wearing the White Lantern symbol of life back then.

I thought it made sense, particularly when you consider what Krona's actions caused, and what might have happened as a result. Perhaps the fracturing of the multiverse caused the Entities to be split off from the White, and the backlash caused the dwarfism existent in the Oans today. Recall also that the Zamarons were the original female Oans, and they are tall and willowy -- apparently untouched by whatever affected the Guardians.

But I think it more interesting that they were wearing the white, and during the Blackest Night, we saw a Guardian disemboweled, and all their major organs are colored with the emotional spectrum. I can't believe the two things aren't related.

I just assumed the dwarfism was a result of billions of years of evolution or something, but it is starting to seem like there's something more to it.

372Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:58 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
superdoug wrote:

I just assumed the dwarfism was a result of billions of years of evolution or something, but it is starting to seem like there's something more to it.

I thought it was due to poor diet.

373Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm kind of tired of the whole Bruce/Hal thing already. It's like you get an issue where they seem to get past it and then you get another issue where everything from the previous issue was erased and the two are back at square one. It just feels like the relationship between the two never evolves.

Yeah Johns seems to love to play up their antagonistic relationship.

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
superdoug wrote:

I thought it was due to poor diet.

Plus lack of exercise with all that floating around. Laughing

374Green Lantern - Page 15 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

perhaps when the expunged all emotion ( I am assuming they had emotions back then since they had the white lantern symbol on) each emotion they forgone they got smaller, like each emotion they let go they got smaller because there was less to them

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum