Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 15]

301Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know. I feel that Johns has been making Hal more unique in this run than he's ever have been shown before. I've always liked Hal because he was the guy who would come up with a plan on the fly and be able to pull it off. I've always seen him as the "Captain Kirk" of the DC Universe and along with Dick Grayson has always been my favorite character in comics. I think Geoff has a great take on Hal and has been very interesting in this new GL series since #1.

302Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:43 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I've always seen him as the "Captain Kirk" of the DC Universe

That is an awesome reference Laughing

303Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I've always seen him as the "Captain Kirk" of the DC Universe

That is an awesome reference Laughing

I think the two characters have a lot of similarities.

304Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

I think the two characters have a lot of similarities.

I agree

305Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#58 was good. The reveals about Larfleeze are quite interesting. I wonder what Nicole did with/to her kidnapper? Normally I'd say he's dead, but I don't think that's the case here.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

306Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was great. The tension between Hal and Carol is pretty damn interesting and I was wondering when someone was gong to bring up Jillian "Cowgirl" Pearlman up. Haven't seen her in some time now. Larfleeze stuff is getting really good and this issue really got me jazzed to read more about him. Looking forward to the next issue.

307Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yep, #58 was pretty good. A lot of good character stuff in this way, from Hal and Carol, to Sinestro looking forward to Hal finding out about what Atrocitus did (which is really going to be interesting actually) to the reveals about Larfleeze.

I love the way Larfleeze reacts to things. He just kind of comes straight out and says what he's thinking like his reaction when Flash turns up "What are you doing here?". Just makes me laugh.

308Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, Larfleeze continues to be one of my favorite new characters to come around in awhile. He's a very up-front type character and makes for some great moments. I cannot wait to see the tension between Hal and Barry next issue. Should be pretty good.

309Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#58 was really good. Can't wait to see what happens next.

310Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Larfleeze. What an awesome character.

311Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:17 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Excellent.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

312Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty good issue. Do you think that the entity does give out hope or does it just give a feeling of hope that may or may not be true? The Barry part at the end looks intriging.

313Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think it gives hope but a feeling of hope.

314Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#59 was good. The Indigo Tribe continues to make with the mysterious. The Parallax possession was a bit much, though. It's only the second time Johns has used it, and I'm already tired of it.

315Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:13 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Indigo Tribe has me very intrigued. I'm curious to see what Parallax does with Barry in the next issue. Could be interesting. Loving the series as always though.

316Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I was cracking up when Larfleeze took the flashes wallet! oh man that was funny! I am interested to see how this will effect the flash in the future if it will take him long to shrug off the effects of paralax

317Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:05 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

I'm wondering where Barry keeps that thing. The suit's pretty tight. He must have a big bulge on his ass.

318Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I was cracking up when Larfleeze took the flashes wallet! oh man that was funny! I am interested to see how this will effect the flash in the future if it will take him long to shrug off the effects of paralax
I'm also curious to see the effects Parallax has on a speedster like the Flash as well. Should be interesting.

rwe1138 wrote:I'm wondering where Barry keeps that thing. The suit's pretty tight. He must have a big bulge on his ass.
Barry keeps his costume in a ring, I'm sure his wallet is in some kind of cool pocket. That was pretty funny though.

319Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #59

This was okay, but honestly, I didn't love it.

The bit with Barry's wallet was funny, but it bugged me. Why they hell would he carry his wallet with him when he's in costume? It could easily be taken from him, and/or fall out. He has a secret identity to keep, and that seems sloppy. Also, like you guys said, where would he keep it?

The art was beautiful. I LOVE Mahnke's Flash.

320Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #59

This was okay, but honestly, I didn't love it.

The bit with Barry's wallet was funny, but it bugged me. Why they hell would he carry his wallet with him when he's in costume? It could easily be taken from him, and/or fall out. He has a secret identity to keep, and that seems sloppy. Also, like you guys said, where would he keep it?

The art was beautiful. I LOVE Mahnke's Flash.

The art is as always awesome. As for the wallet? Eh. It was just a funny moment to use Larfleeze in. I didn't have a problem with it but let's be honest about something. Barry Allen keeps his costume in his ring. I think he probably figures out a way to put his wallet somewhere as well. Just saying.

321Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I was cracking up when Larfleeze took the flashes wallet! oh man that was funny! I am interested to see how this will effect the flash in the future if it will take him long to shrug off the effects of paralax
Larfleeze stealing the Flash's wallet was one of the laugh out loud funny moments in comics this year for me. That one incident totally summed up Larfleeze for me.

Doug Mahnke is just completely killing it on this comic. Beautiful work every issue.

322Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The art is outstanding. I'm loving this book but of course I would. Wink

323Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

59 was good. Both loved and hated the wallet gag. Im I the only one who thinks that Mahnke's art was better in the Blackest Night tie-ins than here? IDK maybe its the coloring, maybe the inker, I just think that he worked better there. The stuff with the Indigo Tribe was cool.

324Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#60 was a good fight/monologuing issue. Props to Johns, didn't see that particular villain coming.

325Green Lantern - Page 13 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this issue a lot. It was indeed a good fight and I sort of had the ending pegged. He was one of two suspects that I thought of. Looking forward to the next issue as always.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum