Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detective Comics

+8
JessJupiter
Batman25JM
LordD3r3k
Joshua
Aussiemandias
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
LOOSECANNON
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:32 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read 864

I felt nothing.

52Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:54 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

DC #864

I didn't feel anything, either.

And that's a good thing. It's all part of Jeremiah Arkham's cold, uncalculated form of calamity that drives David Hine's favorite character back into the spotlight. I've been a huge fan of Hine's over his sadly unheralded and often overlooked career, none more so than his work on Arkham Asylum. Hine--and quality artist/co-worker Jeremy Haun--shown brightest during Battle For the Cowl with the one-shot, then sadly went under the radar as the very steady Arkham Reborn mini was released. There's a heavy reveal on the final page for those who've been following Hine's recent work just as religiously. It's the sort of twisted type ending you'd see in a good M. Night Shyamalan flick.

Again, the back-up is nothing too groundbreaking but admittingly a slight improvement over the last few with a decent battle between Vandal Savage and Huntress/Question. Looking forward to seeing what's next for the babes, as Cully Hamner's art is as interesting as always. Rucka's still writing this, too.

4/5 Bats&Morgues - Not Haun's best artwork, but Hine's always on the ball penning Arkham. This issue also fills plenty of holes leftover from Daniel's Black Mask conclusion. This title hasn't been this good since JH Williams was drawing; however, those looking for Batwoman only will have to wait a bit.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

53Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon May 10, 2010 4:50 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Didnt really like 864.. blah

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

54Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon May 10, 2010 5:16 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was my last issue. If Batwoman isn't in it, I'm not interested.

55Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

that's too bad...I'm finding all this Arkham Asylum stuff rivetting...it's a slow burn for sure, I dunno...it's just more story and less exposition...I think a lot of it will prove important to the whole Bat saga once its all said and done (I'm sure Dr. Fucking McNasty would agree)...

plus, I'm a huge fan of David Hine.

56Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed May 12, 2010 12:11 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll get 865 for Renee and then I'm done. Haven't read it. I'll save both for back to back with the Dickbat story.

57Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed May 12, 2010 9:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was pretty badass how Arkham dealt with the other inmate

58Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed May 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thought was fun, I will agree

59Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I did really like that. Since the Renee backstory is ending, I dropped it. Bedard doesn't seem bad, but I just wanna have room for other things.

I'm still confused. DCComics.com's summaries are saying Batwoman and Renee will be there after skipping a month, but the news for the Batwoman ongoing is throwing me. IDK.

60Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I did really like that. Since the Renee backstory is ending, I dropped it. Bedard doesn't seem bad, but I just wanna have room for other things.

I'm still confused. DCComics.com's summaries are saying Batwoman and Renee will be there after skipping a month, but the news for the Batwoman ongoing is throwing me. IDK.
In all the Previews for upcoming months there's absolutely no sign of Batwoman in Detective Comics (the reason why I've dropped this) and I thought the Renee backup was finished either this month or next at the latest.

61Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ The current story did end, I just wasn't solid as to if there was another arc. I'm assuming that it is.

Can't wait for the Batwoman series, although I'm still reluctant of Williams' skill as a writer.

62Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ The current story did end, I just wasn't solid as to if there was another arc. I'm assuming that it is.

How did it end?

63Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:12 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You sure you want me to tell you?

Spoiler:

64Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:35 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ You sure you want me to tell you?

Spoiler:
Ooh that's interesting. Wonder where this story will continue? It's all been so tied to Rucka it's a shame he won't be the one to finish it (I imagine someone else will pick it up at some point).

Thanks for the synopsis!

65Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

D.C. #865

Good finish to such a daunting arc...loved the exploration to much of Tony Daniel's run on Batman...interesting how another writer closed up another's chapter (for now)...there was a lot of neat bits that all tied up to the earliest one shot during Battle For The Cowl...I know it feels like everyone dropped D.C. due to the absence of Batwoman but I felt David Hine's whole Arkham run has been underrated.

3.5/5 Missing Beauties - Complete mindfuck.

66Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:10 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #866

I really enjoyed this issue. What started as Batman messing with some thugs in a familiar locale ended up as a cool trip down memory lane regarding Dick's first encounter with the Joker.. and on the last page? Speak of the devil..

67Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just a few months now for Scott Snyder's arc.

68Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:40 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im so ready!

69Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #867

I did not care for this issue much at all. It felt rushed, it was boring, and had a very been there done that feel to it.

I did like the art though. I'm a big fan of Scott McDaniel.

70Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:30 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the issue was ok. Looks like this is the beginning of bringing Batman Beyond into our time with the introduction of the Jokerz

71Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I thought the issue was ok. Looks like this is the beginning of bringing Batman Beyond into our time with the introduction of the Jokerz

I don't know how I feel about this. In Batman Beyond the Jokerz didn't appear until after Joker was dead, and they were teen gang members not drugged up citizens.

72Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not sure how much I like the idea of Batman Beyond being the future of DC proper. I continue to believe that it simply another Earth's future.

73Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm not sure how much I like the idea of Batman Beyond being the future of DC proper. I continue to believe that it simply another Earth's future.

Yeah, I'd MUCH prefer it if that were the case. If they made it the future of DC proper they'd have to change a lot. I'd just prefer it if they kept it as it and made it another Earth's future.

74Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm not sure how much I like the idea of Batman Beyond being the future of DC proper. I continue to believe that it simply another Earth's future.

Yeah, I'd MUCH prefer it if that were the case. If they made it the future of DC proper they'd have to change a lot. I'd just prefer it if they kept it as it and made it another Earth's future.

I simply thought it was a different Earth because I thought Batman Beyond followed the "Animated" Universe which I thought was a different Earth.

75Detective Comics - Page 3 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

I simply thought it was a different Earth because I thought Batman Beyond followed the "Animated" Universe which I thought was a different Earth.

Right, it does follow the DCAU which is said to have existed as one of the Earths. That's what the Batman Beyond mini seems to be set in. However, with Terry's inclusion in Batman #700 it seems like they are also trying to add Terry into main Earth continuity.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum