Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Detective Comics

+8
JessJupiter
Batman25JM
LordD3r3k
Joshua
Aussiemandias
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
LOOSECANNON
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm not sure how much I like the idea of Batman Beyond being the future of DC proper. I continue to believe that it simply another Earth's future.

Yeah, I'd MUCH prefer it if that were the case. If they made it the future of DC proper they'd have to change a lot. I'd just prefer it if they kept it as it and made it another Earth's future.

I simply thought it was a different Earth because I thought Batman Beyond followed the "Animated" Universe which I thought was a different Earth.

Right, that's what it does follow the DCAU which is said to have existed as one of the Earths. That's what the Batman Beyond mini seems to be set in. However, with Terry's inclusion in Batman #700 it seems like they are also trying to add Terry into main Earth continuity.
Yeah. I'm just not that into that. At all.

77Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:42 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

DC #867 was horrendous...i'd drop it but I like most of Hine's recent work on bats...I mind as well let this slide and give it another issue or 2...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

78Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Detecive Comics #868

Actually a surprising improvement over the last...while there's little to discern this Grayson Bat over the original Dark Knight, this middle ish actually pushes the weird "copycats" plot and entertains to boot. For most, this story will come off nothing more than a throwaway-throwback of sorts, but at least there is some ground made. The conclusion should be interesting, at least.

3/5

79Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #871

I loved this issue, absolutely loved it.

80Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yeah, I thought the last issue was pretty solid. I'm assuming that was Gordon's son at the end, correct?

81Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That was my assumption, but I'm not 100% sure.

82Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:59 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^That was my assumption, but I'm not 100% sure.

He had a son with his first wife who now lives in Chicago. And since Bullock was being so secretive about it, I'm amusing that was him. The art was just throwing me off

83Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:19 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^It seems like a logical assumption.

84Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:36 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

He was in Dark Victory, if I'm not mistaken...

85Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:46 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Was he?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

86Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Nope, just Year One and Long Halloween. I had those two confused--as a lot of people do Smile

Anyone else buy the D.C. Annual with Question and Nightrunner? It's true that "freerunning" is pretty passe at the moment; never cooler than with appearances in the latest Bond films...but I like seeing the origins of these new "Batmen." Hopefully the conclusion in the Batman Annual picks up the pace even better.

87Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:24 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Detective Comics #872

When Grant Morrison’s mini The Return of Bruce Wayne was announced, many so closely following Dick Grayson behind the cowl felt crushed, perhaps even stabbed in the back. It’s always nice to know there are comic fans out there who embrace change. And it’s even nicer to see writers such as Batman’s Tony Daniel and, especially in this case, Detective Comics’ Scott Snyder convey change to a whole new level.

As confusion set in during the latter part of 2010, many Bat-writers merely altered the symbol on the chest and threw a name—Bruce or Dick—onto the mantle. It killed the purpose of the boy “filling in the role” or “finding himself through darkness,” or whatever the case may be. Thankfully fans are more fickle than that, and have accepted the challenge of a new Batman—and sometimes two. After all, this is the convincingly-swift Nightwing we’re talking about here; just how can make him different? How can he carry the classically-told jolly-boy charm of Robin but still persevere as the brooding and vengeful new Bruce?

Thankfully, Scott Snyder answers those questions. His version of Detective Comics meshes the on-beat gravitas of Gotham Central with the sophisticated attributes of Batman Inc. No, it isn’t Robocop, yet it’s an enthralling traverse of machine and machinations. All the high-tech jargon and brooding stratagem is stroked with a masterful conversational pen, as quips between Grayson and Barbara, Tim, and Lt. Bullock verifiably present. Deep in the claustrophobic “Mirror House” is an auctioneer horrifyingly reminiscent of Hannibal. This is, after all, the writer who co-scripted along with Stephen King.

Also deep in the creaking banquet halls and dark skylights are Jock’s typically granular visuals. Improving ever the issue, Jock detains the seedy days of Gotham Central, with enough sporadic window placement to keep up the curving energy. Although Detective’s always going to be a whodunit series, Snyder’s version is a fast one, and one to keep an eye on throughout the new year.

4/5 - Outstanding

88Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Detective Comics #872

When Grant Morrison’s mini The Return of Bruce Wayne was announced, many so closely following Dick Grayson behind the cowl felt crushed, perhaps even stabbed in the back. It’s always nice to know there are comic fans out there who embrace change. And it’s even nicer to see writers such as Batman’s Tony Daniel and, especially in this case, Detective Comics’ Scott Snyder convey change to a whole new level.

As confusion set in during the latter part of 2010, many Bat-writers merely altered the symbol on the chest and threw a name—Bruce or Dick—onto the mantle. It killed the purpose of the boy “filling in the role” or “finding himself through darkness,” or whatever the case may be. Thankfully fans are more fickle than that, and have accepted the challenge of a new Batman—and sometimes two. After all, this is the convincingly-swift Nightwing we’re talking about here; just how can make him different? How can he carry the classically-told jolly-boy charm of Robin but still persevere as the brooding and vengeful new Bruce?

Thankfully, Scott Snyder answers those questions. His version of Detective Comics meshes the on-beat gravitas of Gotham Central with the sophisticated attributes of Batman Inc. No, it isn’t Robocop, yet it’s an enthralling traverse of machine and machinations. All the high-tech jargon and brooding stratagem is stroked with a masterful conversational pen, as quips between Grayson and Barbara, Tim, and Lt. Bullock verifiably present. Deep in the claustrophobic “Mirror House” is an auctioneer horrifyingly reminiscent of Hannibal. This is, after all, the writer who co-scripted along with Stephen King.

Also deep in the creaking banquet halls and dark skylights are Jock’s typically granular visuals. Improving ever the issue, Jock detains the seedy days of Gotham Central, with enough sporadic window placement to keep up the curving energy. Although Detective’s always going to be a whodunit series, Snyder’s version is a fast one, and one to keep an eye on throughout the new year.

4/5 - Outstanding

Agreed. I thought this was a pretty solid issue as well. This and The Dark Knight #1 seem to be the street-level, detective stories that people claim to miss. Hopefully they're reading Wink

89Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:11 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I'll pick up the trade whenever it's out, the book looks great.

90Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #872

I freaking LOVED this issue. I was complaining about Dick still being Batman after reading Daniel's latest issue of Batman, but here I don't mind it at all. This was spectacular.

I love Jock's art here. It is very Alex Maleev. I'm enjoying it immensely.

I do have a couple of questions. First, is Barbara now Commissioner Gordon's biological daughter, or is she still his niece/adoptive daughter? Second, what exactly is the story with the Commissioner's son?

LordD3r3k wrote:
Agreed. I thought this was a pretty solid issue as well. This and The Dark Knight #1 seem to be the street-level, detective stories that people claim to miss. Hopefully they're reading Wink

Well, I am and I'm VERY pleased.

91Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

#873 is even better than the last two.

We may have a new star on our hands...

4.5/5

92Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:#873 is even better than the last two.

We may have a new star on our hands...

4.5/5

I enjoyed the beginning with Dick trying to talk himself through the hallucinations. "If that doesn't work, pray to land on something soft" Laughing

93Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #873

More awesomeness.

The team of Snyder and Jock is great. I'm loving this book right now.

94Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

D.C. #874

Creepy portrayal of James Jr. Love how Snyder meshed what would've been his back-up into a full 2-story issue. There's lines being drawn parallel between the two subplots, and Frascisco's Darwyn Cooke-ish art knocks it out of the park. In fact, it's probably a better fit for Snyder's frightening script than Jock's.

But that doesn't mean I want Jock gone, as the artist is doing some of the best work of his career. Either way, I'm here to stay.

4/5

95Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Detective Comics #874

So freaking good. I never want Scott Snyder to leave this book. Is there any word on how long his run is supposed to be?

The art was great. I still think I prefer Jock, but that doesn't mean the art here wasn't awesome.

Loved Tim being in the book. I don't think we've gotten enough of the Dick/Tim relationship lately, and I'm glad to see it here.

96Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd love to have Francavilla full time on this.

97Detective Comics - Page 4 Empty Re: Detective Comics Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed with the above posters, good issue!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum