Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread

+14
alucardbarnivous
BlueMaxx
Lee
elijahdprophet
shining knight
Joshua
Spider_Fan14
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
jaydee74
Jherek
Administrator
prescribeddrone
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^ Well, Grant said he'll be writing Shazam in issue five of his Multiversity story, 'Captain Marvel and the Day that Never Was," maybe he'll continue working with the character after that. What did Johns do?

I'd love to see him return to those titles (although I've yet to read Seven Soldiers), sometimes those things aren't as great the second time around (sometimes). Besides, I doubt Marvel will let Grant anywhere near X-Men again after their whole Xorn screw-up. Laughing

52Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/23/grant-morrison-paul-mcguigan-and-stephen-fry-team-up-for-scotland-based-television-series/
Comic book scribe Grant Morrison is teaming up with "Push" director Paul McGuigan for a currently untitled television series to be filmed in Scotland, according to McGuigan himself.

In an interview with Live For Films, McGuigan revealed that he's developing a seven episode television thriller alongside Morrison and actor Stephen Fry, who comic book fans will remember as talk show host Gordon Deitrich in "V for Vendetta."

"It takes place over seven days around an event that happens in Scotland," said the "Push" filmmaker. "It's a modern take on an old fable or fairy story. If you know [Grant's] work you might have an idea of what it will be like. It's like Twin Peaks meets Brigadoon! It's off the wall and smart but in a watchable commercial way. It's still in the early stages but I'm very excited about it."

According to McGuigan, the project stems from his longtime friendship with Morrison. He revealed: "Me and Grant have been friends for a while and we wanted to do something together and Grant went off and wrote a treatment, so it's at the treatment stage at the moment."

Sounds freakin' awesome. afro Morrison plus Stephen Fry sounds interesting, I'm not very familiar with 'Push,' though.

53Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:04 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

excellent....

54Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JOE THE BARBARIAN!!! READ IT, READ IT, READ IT! I've said this over and over, I'd much rather Morrison create his own world than see him play in someone elses.

55Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Speaking of Morrison: Does anyone know when the Batman & Robin HC comes out?

It's mentioned here, but gives no date: http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=14656

56Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ DCComics.com says April 7th.

57Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I'd much rather Morrison create his own world than see him play in someone elses.
I respectfully disagree. While he does do a fantastic job with Vertigo stuff, there are so many characters--some underused, some who need a new change of pace--that Morrison could do--and has done--brilliantly.

58Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ DCComics.com says April 7th.

Thanks!

59Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:^ Well, Grant said he'll be writing Shazam in issue five of his Multiversity story, 'Captain Marvel and the Day that Never Was," maybe he'll continue working with the character after that. What did Johns do?
Basicly It felt to me like he made the Wizard Shazam a jerk who took away Billy and Mary's powers like a greedy kid instead of a mentor doing it for their own good and then wrote in that the Marvels were homeless which seems like the JSA didn't bother trying to help them (I haven't read the arc for awhile so someone can correct me on that).

60Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:I'd much rather Morrison create his own world than see him play in someone elses.
I respectfully disagree. While he does do a fantastic job with Vertigo stuff, there are so many characters--some underused, some who need a new change of pace--that Morrison could do--and has done--brilliantly.
Fair enough. I didn't just mean the Vertigo stuff, but his works in other mediums, Marvel U. and DCU for example, have a greater quality that goes along with the quantity, I think. When it comes to most pre-established characters, it's like he takes them out of their element in a good way, but alway seems to muck it up at the end, IMHO. Becomes to convoluted for the character. Not that he fails these characters completely or all the time. I think, like a few readers, we have these boundaries already set for characters/titles, and Morrison brings something to the table that doesn't fit them all. I'd be completely fine with Elseworlds, not that--again--have a disdain with his takes on pre-established characters.

61Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:06 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Morrison

62Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Suspiciously familiar..
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:^ Well, Grant said he'll be writing Shazam in issue five of his Multiversity story, 'Captain Marvel and the Day that Never Was," maybe he'll continue working with the character after that. What did Johns do?
Basicly It felt to me like he made the Wizard Shazam a jerk who took away Billy and Mary's powers like a greedy kid instead of a mentor doing it for their own good and then wrote in that the Marvels were homeless which seems like the JSA didn't bother trying to help them (I haven't read the arc for awhile so someone can correct me on that).

What was the point of that? huh

BlueMaxx wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:
Fair enough. I didn't just mean the Vertigo stuff, but his works in other mediums, Marvel U. and DCU for example, have a greater quality that goes along with the quantity, I think. When it comes to most pre-established characters, it's like he takes them out of their element in a good way, but alway seems to muck it up at the end, IMHO. Becomes to convoluted for the character. Not that he fails these characters completely or all the time. I think, like a few readers, we have these boundaries already set for characters/titles, and Morrison brings something to the table that doesn't fit them all. I'd be completely fine with Elseworlds, not that--again--have a disdain with his takes on pre-established characters.
Interesting points. I can't completely agree with you, but I see what you're saying. Sometimes it depends on the character. With Batman Morrison did a fantastic job IMHO. As for Magneto, not so much.

63Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Grant_morrison_frot

64Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:^Suspiciously familiar..
Spider_Fan14 wrote:

What do you mean?

65Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:^Suspiciously familiar..
Spider_Fan14 wrote:

What do you mean?
The whole taking away Billy and Mary's powers-thing seems pretty pointless and stupid to me. Why'd Johns do that?

66Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Grant_morrison_frot
Laughing I love seeing that on his homepage.

67Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Capturing Ghost, a Warren Ellis documentary is coming out not too long from now, apparently, too.

68Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Man, that just looks like a giant Morrison wank-fest that may make me want to vomit if I watch it. Laughing

I'll probably still watch it though.......

69Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Grant_morrison_frot
Laughing I love seeing that on his homepage.
I tried emailing him a few weeks ago, but the address was defunct.

70Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:42 pm

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

Wow...
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/09/grant-morrison-cover-model

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

71Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this cover:
Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Cover-Morrison-blog

72Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yep. Lookin good. Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 334450

73Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Grant Morrison Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Morrison
I actually have that Batman and Robin book. It's one of the first things I read when I got into comics when I was younger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum