Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thor

+13
Ulik
Foreigner_Man
Toothgrinder
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Administrator
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
prescribeddrone
Nymn
Aussiemandias
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Do you think there will be a Donald Blake dynamic in the movie Thor?

I believe he's been confirmed to NOT be in the Thor movie. I think that's a good idea cuz it would just be too much to explain, and in a 2 hour film it doesn't make sense to split screen time between Thor and a totally different lead character.

But Thor will still be visiting Earth in the movie, and falling for Jane Foster (Natalie Portman Wink ). My guess is, Thor might be depowered for a bit while on Earth, and maybe he uses the human alias "Donald Blake" as a nod to us fans.

27Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10661.who~apos~s_who_on_the_thor~colon~_tales_of_asgard_poster

WANT!!! *drool*

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

28Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10661.who~apos~s_who_on_the_thor~colon~_tales_of_asgard_poster

WANT!!! *drool*
Wow that's effin gorgeous. I just have to post pics...

Thor - Page 2 ThorAsgard

Thor - Page 2 THORTOA_posterkey_web

Coipel is the man! Can't wait to see his work on SIEGE.

29Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thor #605

Gillen is hitting this stuff out the park! He's not only matching JMS, but in some ways he's picked things up a bit. Its always hard to follow such an epic run on a character, but Gillen is probably doing the best job I've ever seen. The fight between Thor and Doom has played out perfectly. And all the dialogue is just spot on. Gillen's got a great handle on both Thor's and especially Doom's voices. Some of Doom's lines in this are flat out badass. Plus Tan's art is working great for the tone too.

I'm really glad Marvel is having Gillen tie up the lose ends to JMS's run before Fraction takes over. It seemed like an impossible task to follow that run but he's pulled it off somehow. The end with Doom entering the Destroyer Armor?! affraid

30Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thor #605

Thank the gods. JMS left his epic run to a man merely known for writing a mini on Beta Ray Bill. Uh, yeah. But you know, sometimes when expectations are high yet not high things can work out just right. There are minor hindrances. JMS's books, even minus Thor throughout most of them, felt like loose, epically-written hour-long episodes of a HBO TV hit. He had us fully engaged in Asgard. Gillen's got Thor in half the panels, weilding his hammer, almost to the effect of a Hulk Smash. It's high-strung stuff, sure, but it's not the gorgeous dialogue we're accustomed to, and the supporting actors--this side of Loki--aren't all that appealing.

But it doesn't matter.

Issue #605 is Thor vs. Dr. Doom. Period. Sure there are some minor threads running here, but we're here for Thor, and we're here for Thor kicking ass. Luckily it's not all that easy and even with some more now-trendy "undead" things going on, the battles are as effective a sell as all that previous flowery language.

You don't have to wait for Seige to see Thor battle, and we have Gillen and Tan's ever-so-improved artwork to thank for that. Merry X-Mas Marvel.

4/5 Doombots - Normally I tell people to buy "authors" not "characters." Here's an exception.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

31Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Thor #605

I'm really glad Marvel is having Gillen tie up the lose ends to JMS's run before Fraction takes over. It seemed like an impossible task to follow that run but he's pulled it off somehow. The end with Doom entering the Destroyer Armor?! affraid
Yep, I think Gillen's doing a nice job. I particularly liked the scenes he did with Balder flashing back to when he knew the now dead Asgardians - that was nicely done. Doom has really been sinking low with this stuff he's been doing to the Asgardians. I thought this had something to do with the Destroyer armour (it looked like it from the glimpses we saw last issue) but Doom climbing into the armour was not expected at all.

Even thought I don't trust Loki and it frustrates me that people continually buy into his crap, I'm hoping that he can do something to bring back Kelda. I liked her.

32Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Thor #605

Yep, I think Gillen's doing a nice job. I particularly liked the scenes he did with Balder flashing back to when he knew the now dead Asgardians - that was nicely done. Doom has really been sinking low with this stuff he's been doing to the Asgardians. I thought this had something to do with the Destroyer armour (it looked like it from the glimpses we saw last issue) but Doom climbing into the armour was not expected at all.

Even thought I don't trust Loki and it frustrates me that people continually buy into his crap, I'm hoping that he can do something to bring back Kelda. I liked her.
Yeah those scenes with Balder were really well done, gave everything a more personal impact. And I totally agree with you on Kelda...although with Loki involved, I'm sure there will be a catch to it...

33Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:25 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I"m not totally up to snuff on my Thor or my Asgardian knowledge so I have a couple questions for people that may have answers.

Is Thor the only Asgardian that has to have a human host?

If he is supposed to be so powerful why does Thor have to have a human host?

Could in theory all the Asgaurdians have human hosts or been human at one time?

34Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I"m not totally up to snuff on my Thor or my Asgardian knowledge so I have a couple questions for people that may have answers.

Is Thor the only Asgardian that has to have a human host?

If he is supposed to be so powerful why does Thor have to have a human host?

Could in theory all the Asgaurdians have human hosts or been human at one time?
The thing is that this has changed at different times but most recently all the Asgardians were stuck in human hosts that Thor released them from. This was basically the opening arc of JMS's Thor. One thing I'm unclear of has been whether now all the Asgardians can change into the human hosts just like Thor does changing to Donald Blake. Maybe Thor's the only one who chooses to do so? I don't imagine Sif would want to seeing her human host was a dying old woman.

35Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Toothgrinder

Toothgrinder
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I think only Thor and BRB have human hosts. I can't wait for Thor and Ragnarok to fight. Ragnarok seems to have a significant upgrade after coming out of the healing tube. He tore apart a Adamantium/Vibranium safe like it was paper and that's the stuff Cap's shield is made of. I also think he may be able to wield Mjolnir. The Skrull's had the tech to do it. Ragnarok is the way Thor should be. A bad ass Viking killing everthing in sight.

Thor - Page 2 107_THOR_609

36Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Toothgrinder

Toothgrinder
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I kind of like the current story line but it really don't make sense. Asgardians are long lived not immortal. The get their immortality from eating Idunn's apples. Doom should be performing surgery on those apples and not the Asgardians. Maybe the writer got the Asgardians and Olympians confused.

37Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well Doom was mostly experimenting on the regular citizens of Asgard, not the actual dieties, so I guess that's your explanation, he only took the heart out of one Goddess that I recall which set off the current events in the Thor book, obviously he should be aware of Idunn's, aka. Enchantress', apples, so who knows, Marvel has been blurring the line between Gods and Super Beings quite a bit lately.

It's interesting that Clor is popping up again, maybe that blacked out Heroic Age image is Iron Patriot, Clor, and the Grand Director who popped up again in Cap last week, hmmmmm....

38Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thor #606

After this arc, Gillen has seriously become the new surprise superstar in the making as far as I'm concerned. Everything about this has been perfectly on point. The plot, Doom's gruesome plans, Balder's insecurities as king, Loki's manipulations, Thor's nobility, Kelda's rescue, and most importantly the dialogue. I don't think I've ever heard such spot on dialogue of how I think Asgardians should speak, that includes JMS. He's even got Doom's arrogant voice down pat. This was just a phenomenal way to wrap up all of JMS's loose ends and head into Siege. I was expecting this book to seriously dive in quality during this transition, but have been pleasantly surprised that it might be even better now. To top it off, Tan's art has been really good too. I almost don't what Gillen to leave for Fraction's debut in May...

39Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thor #606

Well put.

4/5 Bags&Boards - The new team deserves an award "Substitutes of the Year"?

40Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Have to agree Gillen has done a very good job and Billy Tan is without a doubt very suited to this book. I get a bit frustrated by Loki continually being tolerated. Oh well that's the nature of Loki's place in Asgard I guess - the Asgardians are never witness to all of Loki's behind the scenes machinations.

41Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I didn't see it anywhere on this board, but in case you guys didn't know, Matt Fraction will be the new ongoing writer on Thor following Gillen.

Interview with Fraction: http://comics.ign.com/articles/105/1055323p1.html

42Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:I didn't see it anywhere on this board, but in case you guys didn't know, Matt Fraction will be the new ongoing writer on Thor following Gillen.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/marvel-comics-f4/fraction-to-take-over-thor-t2150.htm?sid=1f4e310404982ff706cf4cf3dbca8830

Wink

43Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:I didn't see it anywhere on this board, but in case you guys didn't know, Matt Fraction will be the new ongoing writer on Thor following Gillen.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/marvel-comics-f4/fraction-to-take-over-thor-t2150.htm?sid=1f4e310404982ff706cf4cf3dbca8830

Wink

D'oh! Laughing

44Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Ulik

Ulik
Cadet
Cadet

Thor - Page 2 1252891738045

Thor - Page 2 471033-thorulik_super

45Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:43 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Thor #607

As many of you well know this series was intended to be titled Siege: Asgard, but of course that would never sell as well as a standalone Thor. What this means is that writer Keiron Gillen explores the Siege from the victims point of view, all very intriguing with reactions from Baldur and the other Warriors Three. These tie-ins have done a spectacular job filling in the detail left out of the exposition-hefty main series. Yet, my problem with this book comes on two fronts: the distractiong Golden Age-inspired art from Rich Elson, and Volstagg's ridiculous confession through YouTube (or something along those lines) and even more so, the instant gratification received from his peers once the announcement was made.

With that said, there's a lot to like here. Loki does some things that help elevate him as the primary antoganist of the event. His slaying/terrifying of a few key Asgardians make this issue worth the price alone. Although I'm not terribly impressed by the issue as a whole, Gillen does nothing but continue to impress me with his writing. We all know by know that these tie-ins are heavily-mandated and I feel the writer does his best within these strict guidelines. I just hope the villain who appears on the last page is killed off quickly, and you will too.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Solid, yet annoying

46Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Thor #607

As many of you well know this series was intended to be titled Siege: Asgard, but of course that would never sell as well as a standalone Thor. What this means is that writer Keiron Gillen explores the Siege from the victims point of view, all very intriguing with reactions from Baldur and the other Warriors Three. These tie-ins have done a spectacular job filling in the detail left out of the exposition-hefty main series. Yet, my problem with this book comes on two fronts: the distractiong Golden Age-inspired art from Rich Elson, and Volstagg's ridiculous confession through YouTube (or something along those lines) and even more so, the instant gratification received from his peers once the announcement was made.

With that said, there's a lot to like here. Loki does some things that help elevate him as the primary antoganist of the event. His slaying/terrifying of a few key Asgardians make this issue worth the price alone. Although I'm not terribly impressed by the issue as a whole, Gillen does nothing but continue to impress me with his writing. We all know by know that these tie-ins are heavily-mandated and I feel the writer does his best within these strict guidelines. I just hope the villain who appears on the last page is killed off quickly, and you will too.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Solid, yet annoying

Yeah this wasn't nearly as great as Gillen's first arc but a solid tie-in to Siege. We got to see Loki's pre-game planning by taking that old precognitive and Heimdall out of the equation. And I'm excited at the prospect of Clor finally getting his ass kicked by Thor!

47Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed it, Loki rocks.

48Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good Read, bring on the Ragnerok....Thor why are you wearing your old crap.... Oh SHIT!!!

49Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There were some moments in this latest issue where I didn't like the dialogue much so I don't think it was really up with Gillen's previous three issues however it was still reasonably good work. I definitely liked seeing the Asgardians view of things.

Interesting that Thor wasn't even in this issue!

50Thor - Page 2 Empty Re: Thor Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm awfully tired of all these "cloned" superheroes and supervillains...just read a Booster Gold issue today in which he talks to "himself"..for that book I understand it, since it's time travel-based but really...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum