Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Amazing Spider-Man

+56
Big Poppa Nick
MikeSabian
Combo Mo
rwe1138
vikoros
colossus1979
Janson
shining knight
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
Mazinger
Gojiratoho
kreepfan
Paroxysm
elijahdprophet
Ben Akers
shark6495
(._Y_.)
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Spider_Fan14
jaydee74
Heytherejeffro
Fresh03
Lee
Tom
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
shiky800
Chi-Town Spidey
Administrator
Metal Misfit
TENIME_art
potatojoe
Rath99
supervenom
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
blue halo
gangsternerd
Gandicles
LordD3r3k
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
Off_White_Lantern
Spaced4SimonPegg
Thundermatts
Nymn
BlueMaxx
melvinlikechris
Airwolf
prescribeddrone
DickGrayson007
MillionDollarGeek
Silent K
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
60 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 24]

26The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Who's going to do the Twist with Mary Jane now that Harry is gone?

27The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Who's going to do the Twist with Mary Jane now that Harry is gone?

Harry's butler who may or may not exist

28The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Harry's butler who may or may not exist
He better be in it, who else is going to explain plot and provide plot devices?

29The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:01 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Black Cat? Can you say, "Fling"? I'd really like to see the relationship Peter and Felicia will have.

30The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I would love for Black Cat to be one of the main reasons MJ leaves, like she does in the books.

Thundermatts wrote:I liked everything about Spider-Man 3 besides the Sandman storyline. I didnt even mind Sandman, the storyline just sucked. From killing Uncle Ben to deleting that completely nessesary scene with his daughter right at the end... that whol part of the movie failed. Venom, I liked and thought one fight was enough, even Emo Peter doesn't piss me off.
Ya. I would've actually liked for Venom to be saved for later since Sandman was one of the first villains he fought. He is a good character but they whole Uncle Ben schlock and him not being such a bad guy...I mean, he becomes "good" and works with Silver Sable in the 90s, but most of his career he's a horrible human being, bottom of the barrel, who was given a god's power. That was part of his charm. The little girl thing with Penny and his wife...just so bad. The guy was a complete thug. The story of him becoming good wasn't that he started good but reaches redemption. Well, until he screws it up.

Topher Grace as Brock...just no. And Venom seemed like a velociraptor, sound-bites and all. They both clashed, I thought. Being that they're both kind of a "liquidy" type of power-base. They should've used Lizard, and got into the ramifications of the radiation. Then got into "With great power comes even more power," with the whole symbiote shtick.

31The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved Grace as Venom in the context of how they were potraying Eddie as a "bad Peter." We saw what happened when our good Peter got the suit, he turned into a jerk with a bad hair style, but ultimately prevailed, Eddie was Peter without an Uncle Ben, and we saw what the suit did to someone similar but without guidance and morals.

32The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You raise a great pov. But, still butchered a character that deserved far more respect than the gimmick of a familiar, "famous" face. Brock is a big, burly guy with an actual attitude that is relatable and understandable, not petty and whiny like Topher's depiction (whether if that was what he was going for or not.). He came off as a kid.

33The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also wouldn't mind Elisha Cuthbert as Felicia Hardy...

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Black_Cat_Spiderman4_by_MatiasSoto

wub

34The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bored. Here's some Spider-Man 4 posters that were made.

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 4927490_ivwlsq081107114410The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Xp282a-16467
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Spiderman4The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Spiderman_poster_2
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 SM4viceversaon-624871
The one below has Carnage in Spidey's eye. Thought it was pretty neat, albeit simple.
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 My%20Spider-man%204%20poster

So many villains. Tried to find ones with Morbius and Kraven but no avail.
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Spidermansvillains1

It's crazy. I remember mentioning way back during Spider-Man 3's release about Bruce Campbell as Mysterio and a whole lot of other people must have had the same epiphanies. Very cool. Raimi, make it so!

35The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Win! Thanks, BlueMaxx! Eliza, Eliza, Eliza! After seeing her as Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer-she's a top contestant. Elisha Cuthbert isn't bad either.

36The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Who's going to do the Twist with Mary Jane now that Harry is gone?

Harry's fine, he's probably just in Europe

37The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:06 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Personally, I think that this series just needs to die for a couple years, and then they can pull a Batman.

Topher Grace made a horrible Peter. First, he just didn't look the park. Now, Spidey's not supposed to be huge, but he's should have that Bruce Lee status, where he's not half truck, but he's ripped. Second, where were the quips? Spider-Man had no personality, except for in three where he was an emo douche. Also, the second movie just had far too much "let's shit on peter."

Kirsten Dunst is another issue for me. I find her decent looking, but Mary Jane is supposed to be like, badunkulously hot.

Eddie Brock was just horrible, though he could have been much better had Venom simply referred to himself as "we." That, and Venom's whole thing is that he's a bigger, stronger version of Spider Man. Topher Grace is not a physically imposing man. Topher Grace should have played Peter. He started his career playing a smartass who had a hot redhead girlfriend.

Now, not everything was horrible. J.K. Simmons was a fantastic J. Jonah Jameson.

38The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:Personally, I think that this series just needs to die for a couple years, and then they can pull a Batman.

I think the idea that the Spider-Man franchise is anywhere near the kind of disaster the Batman franchise was pre-Christopher Nolan is kinda ridiculous though. Spider-Man 1 and 2 were great films and were widely critically acclaimed. Granted, Spidey 3 wasn't great by any means, but it wasn't horrible either. It had some really bad parts but some really good parts too. And it got mostly mediocre reviews. I think its main problem was that it tried to do way too much and failed miserably at pulling it all off.

But the fact that Spidey 3 didn't live up to its potential shouldn't take away from a Spidey franchise that has been great for the most part, not to mention ridiculously successful. There's no need for a break and reboot like the Batman franchise needed, just a refocusing on the basics of what made the first two films so great.

39The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:
Now, not everything was horrible. J.K. Simmons was a fantastic J. Jonah Jameson.
I can easily say that he's the most dead-on with characterization than any other. Even DeFoe's G.G.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
But the fact that Spidey 3 didn't live up to its potential shouldn't take away from a Spidey franchise that has been great for the most part, not to mention ridiculously successful. There's no need for a break and reboot like the Batman franchise needed, just a refocusing on the basics of what made the first two films so great.
Well said. 3 was disappointing. But just because horse loses one race doesn't mean you have to shoot it. The series is dragging a broken leg. Let it have its chance at ending well.

40The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:12 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:But the fact that Spidey 3 didn't live up to its potential shouldn't take away from a Spidey franchise that has been great for the most part, not to mention ridiculously successful. There's no need for a break and reboot like the Batman franchise needed, just a refocusing on the basics of what made the first two films so great.
Well said. 3 was disappointing. But just because horse loses one race doesn't mean you have to shoot it. The series is dragging a broken leg. Let it have its chance at ending well.

Nice analogy. happy

41The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:But the fact that Spidey 3 didn't live up to its potential shouldn't take away from a Spidey franchise that has been great for the most part, not to mention ridiculously successful. There's no need for a break and reboot like the Batman franchise needed, just a refocusing on the basics of what made the first two films so great.
Well said. 3 was disappointing. But just because a horse loses one race doesn't mean you have to shoot it. The series isn't dragging a broken leg. Let it have its chance at ending well.

Nice analogy. happy
Thanks.

I'm wondering which villain most people want to see other than The Lizard, and it doesn't have to be set-up for the next film, just in general for the franchise...?

42The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:34 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I'm wondering which villain most people want to see other than The Lizard, and it doesn't have to be set-up for the next film, just in general for the franchise...?

Me personally, I'd definitely like to see Lizard, he's the most logical choice since Dr. Connors is already established in the Spidey-verse. Aside from Lizard, I think it would be awesome if Kraven was the second villain. The whole hunting angle would work perfectly with Lizard in the film too. If they want to go a totally different route, then Mysterio would be cool too. Black Cat I don't consider a villain, but if she's included she has to be taken into account too because her story will need adequate screen time.

But they have to be careful with how many villains they use this time because we don't want a repeat of what happened with Venom. Lizard and Kraven could work in a film together, but Mysterio would probably have to go solo or maybe with a lesser villain like Shocker.

And another thing, if they plan on doing a Sinister Six storyline in a future Spidey film, they gotta have some of these villains stay alive at the end. Laughing

43The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good point with the Sinister Six aspect. 'Course, there are plenty to choose from and establish.

The overcrowding statement can hold true, but if you correlate them closely, the story will help with deepening characters. Like Kraven hunting Lizard which then becomes Spidey's problem works on so many levels. Black Cat...well, if you're doing a modest link between the 4th and 5th films, like Raimi usually did while filming the previous movie to the one he's writing, Black Cat could be touched on but not needed to get to into things. She could be a thief that's seen a few times throughout, just a common side-case that Spidey goes through during a comicbook story-arc, and then in the next build her up as a good person and make her a loosely unofficial partner for the end of the 5th film for whatever Spidey needs help facing.

I honestly want to see Electro in one of these films. Runner-Up goes to Mysterio.

44The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:43 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:I'm wondering which villain most people want to see other than The Lizard, and it doesn't have to be set-up for the next film, just in general for the franchise...?

Me personally, I'd definitely like to see Lizard, he's the most logical choice since Dr. Connors is already established in the Spidey-verse. Aside from Lizard, I think it would be awesome if Kraven was the second villain. The whole hunting angle would work perfectly with Lizard in the film too. If they want to go a totally different route, then Mysterio would be cool too. Black Cat I don't consider a villain, but if she's included she has to be taken into account too because her story will need adequate screen time.

But they have to be careful with how many villains they use this time because we don't want a repeat of what happened with Venom. Lizard and Kraven could work in a film together, but Mysterio would probably have to go solo or maybe with a lesser villain like Shocker.

And another thing, if they plan on doing a Sinister Six storyline in a future Spidey film, they gotta have some of these villains stay alive at the end. Laughing

I agree. I can also see something done with Shocker. Harkening back to Conner's comments to Pete about applying himself, seeing Shocker, someone who also could be great if he applied himself to more virtuous causes seems pretty interesting.

45The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:21 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Good point with the Sinister Six aspect. 'Course, there are plenty to choose from and establish.

The overcrowding statement can hold true, but if you correlate them closely, the story will help with deepening characters. Like Kraven hunting Lizard which then becomes Spidey's problem works on so many levels. Black Cat...well, if you're doing a modest link between the 4th and 5th films, like Raimi usually did while filming the previous movie to the one he's writing, Black Cat could be touched on but not needed to get to into things. She could be a thief that's seen a few times throughout, just a common side-case that Spidey goes through during a comicbook story-arc, and then in the next build her up as a good person and make her a loosely unofficial partner for the end of the 5th film for whatever Spidey needs help facing.

I honestly want to see Electro in one of these films. Runner-Up goes to Mysterio.

I like that idea with Black Cat. We could be introduced to Felicia Hardy in the 4th film, maybe her and Spidey get into a little fight then by the end of the film they come to some sort of understanding, possibly with some sexual tension until Black Cat disappears. Then in the 5th film or beyond, she could have a greatly expanded role.

All I know is, Black Cat's luck powers could lead to some pretty hilarious moments with Spidey. Laughing

46The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I agree. I can also see something done with Shocker. Harkening back to Conner's comments to Pete about applying himself, seeing Shocker, someone who also could be great if he applied himself to more virtuous causes seems pretty interesting.

Yeah Shocker's an underrated Spidey villain, I could see him working as a good side villain in a Spidey film.

What do you guys think about Vulture? I've heard some rumblings about his possible inclusion. Would you wanna see him?

47The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:33 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's funny Shocker started off as the most realistically vicious Spidey villain before all else. I have the 44 Years of Amazing Spider-Man Dvd-Rom, if you were wondering--but ya, I was, no pun intended, shocked to see how malicious he was about killing innocent people to avoid and get away from cops and Spider-man. Later, those attributes would be put into many other villains of his. He's now a villain seeking redemption or something?

Oh, and Vulture--I liked Toomes, which they'd have to do him if they were going to, but not Drago or the mutated professor guy, the third one. He was always this character that had an advantage over Spidey with his aeriel combat. Moreso than any of the Goblins, and that includes Normon, IMO. He could be very fun.

48The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I think Vulture would be pretty cool, with a few adjustments of course. And I can see no one better to play him than Sir Ben Kingsley
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Dc8caf4110341552_large

And on a side note, Jeffrey Dean Morgan (The Comedian) would be perfect for Kraven...
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Watchmencomediangalkm8

49The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everyone keeps listing good candidates for Kraven: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Josh Brolin, and Gerard Butler. But I keep pushing Sean Bean.
The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Boromir_daman
Dye that hair black and I easily see it. He's pretty decent with accents. Irish, Proper English, Old English, and I think he could pull off Russian accent.

50The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 2 Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:17 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah Boromir is the man, I could see him as Kraven. Although, he'd be a perfect fit in Asgard too, maybe as Balder or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum