Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

101Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed on all points. I think the art is outstanding. When I look at this book, I really can't find anything about it I don't really enjoy and it's a top of the list book for me. I wasn't sure at first how I felt about the whole "Red Robin" identity but I am really enjoying it.

102Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Same here. There's really nothing about it that I don't enjoy/love. And I'm really getting behind the Red Robin identity. I was against it at first because of how much I loved Tim as Robin, but it's really working. He's really come into his own lately, and it's wonderful.

103Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My thing was more on the line of I feel Tim had graduated from the Robin role. I wasn't sure Red Robin was that much of a new identity but over time, I have really enjoyed it. I really like the costume. I feel that I'm not a huge fan of the Kingdom Come stuff bleeding over into this DC universe so much but I do like this bit.

104Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, Red Robin wasn't that much of a new identity, but Tim has really made it his own. I love the costume now. I didn't to begin with, but I think that was in part due to the art. When Marcus To took over he really made me love it. And after the Alfred modifications I love it even more.

105Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I reread issue #14, and it was just as awesome a second time through.

106Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:23 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, this is a good book. I like Tim Drake and the current writer (he wrote one of the best Deadpools ever IMO) so it's a plus for me.

107Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What this book is doing is great and I am loving how Vicki Vale is being used in this book.

108Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:07 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 15 was great.

109Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

Tim is a master of the Mind Fuck in this latest issue

110Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was fantastic. Tim is amazing at doing what he does. He's like playing an amazing game of chess and like a great chess player, he's like three or four steps ahead. I cannot wait to see what he does next.

111Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #15

God this issue was fantastic. This book is SOOOOOOOOOOO my favorite book on the stands. I love this book more than I love taffy ... and I'm a man who enjoys his taffy.

Tim is just fantastic. I love how great he is at this stuff. He's really come fully into his own. This is the role he should have.

I can't wait to see what Tim has planned next.

112Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:15 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

IT's interesting to see that as far as long term planning, Tim's really the one who replaced Bruce, Dick's just a suit filler.

113Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

EireJack wrote:IT's interesting to see that as far as long term planning, Tim's really the one who replaced Bruce, Dick's just a suit filler.

I don't totally agree with Dick being "suit filler". I think Dick plans ahead as well. I do however think he brings something different to the role of Batman. Bruce is the "Dark Night Detective" where as Dick is more of the "Caped Crusader" type. Dick is a brilliant strategist having led superhero teams since he was like 15 or 16 years old. When it comes to the two, Tim is the more cerebral one while Dick is more of the action oriented one.

114Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I agree with that. Tim is the thinker. He's a detective by nature. While Dick is a master strategist, his detective skills aren't quite as sharp or natural as Tim's. Though he still has detective ability.

Tim plans more things out, and Dick is very good in the moment. He thinks more on his feet (though Tim isn't a slouch at that either).

115Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #16

I really don't know what to say. I think I've adequately expressed my absolute love for this book, and this issue did nothing to hurt that love. I don't think I can really say anything else. I love this book more than air, and I hope Fabian Nicieza and Marcus To never leave.

I really haven't read a lot by Nicieza. I read the stuff he did on Robin (and loved it) and the little bit of Nightwing he did (from what I can remember despite hating the Resurrection of Ra's arc as a whole, I liked Niceza's work), and some of his X-Men stuff (which I enjoyed), but his work here has made me a huge fan.

I love how Tim and Tam's relationship is developing. They're great together.

Loved Vicki's question at the press conference.

I can't wait to see what Tim has in store in regard to Captain Boomerang.

116Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking, they should make Speedy (Mia Dearden) a supporting character in this book. Make her Tim's partner. She hasn't been used much (or well) since Judd Winick left Green Arrow/Black Canary, and one of Tim's objectives was to find someone to help him. If they continue to insist on leaving Tim off of the Teen Titans (which makes absolutely zero sense) then I think they should team him up with Speedy.

117Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. I could see it being an ok thing to do having Mia as a partner of sorts. I think it could be interesting but it would depend on how it was done. Would she become a student at a school in Gotham? It looks like Damian is going to be the Teen Titans Robin and while you may not like the idea of Damian on the team as opposed to Tim, I really think the dynamic of Damian on the Teen Titans is an interesting one. I really want to see how he would interact with Rose.

118Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^For Mia being in Gotham, I was just thinking that Tim could seek her out. She hasn't been doing anything lately. Have Tim come to the conclusion that she could help him, and then go after her. Have him find her taking down some petty criminals in some city, and have him tell her that she could be doing more, and that he needs her. After some convincing she takes him up on the offer.

As for Damian on the Teen Titans, I hate that idea. Now, I like Damian quite a bit now. I hated him when he first appeared, but thanks to writers not named Morrison I really do like him now. However, I just do not feel that he belongs on the Teen Titans. At least not as with this team. If in 10 years a new group of child heroes has been established, then I'd be fine with him on that team.

I just see absolutely NO good reason for Tim not being on the Teen Titans. Sure, when he was overseas looking for proof that Bruce was alive, I get him not being there. Also, before that when Gotham was in total disarray, I get it. However, he's back in Gotham, and while it's still a mess, it's better than it was. If Dick can have adventures in Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman: Streets of Gotham, and Detective Comics in addition to being a member of the JLA, then there is NO reason why Tim can't be on the Titans in addition to what he's doing in his own book. For me, the team just isn't right without him.

I know I've gone over it before, but my perfect Teen Titans team would be"

Red Robin (Tim Drake)
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
Superboy (Conner Kent)
Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
Speedy (Mia Dearden)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
Ravager (Rose Wilson)

119Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^For Mia being in Gotham, I was just thinking that Tim could seek her out. She hasn't been doing anything lately. Have Tim come to the conclusion that she could help him, and then go after her. Have him find her taking down some petty criminals in some city, and have him tell her that she could be doing more, and that he needs her. After some convincing she takes him up on the offer.
It makes sense. I think they could be a good team and have a friendship not unlike Dick and Roy had at one point. I remember when Nightwing had a feature story in Action Comics Weekly, it was teaming up with Roy and I liked that team and Tim and Mia could make a good duo. I could see it.
Batman25JM wrote:
As for Damian on the Teen Titans, I hate that idea. Now, I like Damian quite a bit now. I hated him when he first appeared, but thanks to writers not named Morrison I really do like him now. However, I just do not feel that he belongs on the Teen Titans. At least not as with this team. If in 10 years a new group of child heroes has been established, then I'd be fine with him on that team.
You may not think that Damian belongs on the team but I bet you Damian believes he belongs on the team. He's Robin and he probably feels as Robin, it's his right to be on the team. Besides, I remember a young Jason Todd as Robin on the team with people like Donna Troy and Hawk and other older members. I really think if that's the way they are going and I use the word IF Damian is going to be a permanent member of the team, there has got to be a reason behind it and I think it would be interesting to see Damian interact with the other teen heroes. Just my opinion though.
Batman25JM wrote:
I just see absolutely NO good reason for Tim not being on the Teen Titans. Sure, when he was overseas looking for proof that Bruce was alive, I get him not being there. Also, before that when Gotham was in total disarray, I get it. However, he's back in Gotham, and while it's still a mess, it's better than it was. If Dick can have adventures in Batman, Batman & Robin, Batman: Streets of Gotham, and Detective Comics in addition to being a member of the JLA, then there is NO reason why Tim can't be on the Titans in addition to what he's doing in his own book. For me, the team just isn't right without him.
I don't see a good reason either. The only thing I can think of is if the people behind Red Robin don't want their character to be used in Teen Titans at the moment and that could be a possibility. You never know but something is keeping him out of the book at least for now.
Batman25JM wrote:
I know I've gone over it before, but my perfect Teen Titans team would be"

Red Robin (Tim Drake)
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown)
Superboy (Conner Kent)
Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
Kid Flash (Bart Allen)
Speedy (Mia Dearden)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
Ravager (Rose Wilson)
I honestly think you could do without Batgirl. I would trade her out and put in the new Aqualad that's being introduced to us in Brightest Day and I would also add Static Shock. I like Stephanie but I simply don't need both her and Tim on the team.

120Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I could see Damian forcing himself on the team, and them not wanting him there. If that happens, I hope he's only there for an arc or so. Or, they could have Dick ask them to take Damian in because he needs to learn how to be a hero. But again, I hope he doesn't stay long.

I love Stephanie. She's one of my favorite comic characters, and I want to see her on the Titans. And Tim is tied with Bruce for my favorite character, so I want him on the team too. I don't really care if they are similar in their abilities. I think having the exes on the team together would make for an interesting dynamic.

I'm starting to quite like Jackson Hyde (the new Aqualad). I wouldn't mind him on my "dream team". I know he'll be joining the team soon in the actual book. I like Static quite a bit too, and I'd be fine with him on my team as well.

121Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I could see Damian forcing himself on the team, and them not wanting him there. If that happens, I hope he's only there for an arc or so. Or, they could have Dick ask them to take Damian in because he needs to learn how to be a hero. But again, I hope he doesn't stay long.
I could see both of those options being the reason Damian joins the team. Remember that Dick is trying to teach Damain what it means to be a hero and having him join a group of teen heroes would be a good way to do that.
Batman25JM wrote:
I love Stephanie. She's one of my favorite comic characters, and I want to see her on the Titans. And Tim is tied with Bruce for my favorite character, so I want him on the team too. I don't really care if they are similar in their abilities. I think having the exes on the team together would make for an interesting dynamic.
I honestly could take her or leave her. I've read her book and she's good. The problem you wind up with is you don't want a team that's too large and I like your team but I want to see a Titans team that brings something different to the table. I know this sounds kind of hypocritical but I would much rather see Batgirl on the Birds of Prey and I say I'm being hypocritical because there are a lot of similar characters on that team but somehow, I think Stephanie would do well on that team.
Batman25JM wrote:
I'm starting to quite like Jackson Hyde (the new Aqualad). I wouldn't mind him on my "dream team". I know he'll be joining the team soon in the actual book. I like Static quite a bit too, and I'd be fine with him on my team as well.
In the Young Justice cartoon, Aqualad will be the leader of the team and not Robin which I find interesting. I would be interested in seeing both Aqualad and Static on the Titans. It would bring in some more firepower to the team for sure.

122Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home - Red Robin #1

I liked this. I liked seeing Bruce realize how much Tim's grown and how competent he is.

The art wasn't my favorite. When Bachs left Red Robin and To took over I was happy, and having Bachs back wasn't thrilling. He makes Red Robin look WAY too old.

123Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read this in the shop. Liked it enough but I am going to get this in the trade. I do like Bruce Wayne's costume though. It's kind of neat.

124Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book. Love it so much. I'm not going to go into details just now but there was so much that was right with this book. Loved it. I love you

125Red Robin - Page 5 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #17

This is just a damn fine comic book. It works on every level.

I have a feeling letting Lynx out is going to come back to bite Tim.

I hope they address the Tim/Tam relationship next issue. I like them together. I wonder how Tim feels, I mean, he did kiss Lynx.

The Bruce/Tim stuff was gold. And I have to say, I'm warming up to Bruce's new costume. It's just weird him not having the underwear on the outside anymore.

Tim buying the theater in Crime Alley where Bruce's parents were murdered as a base of operations is just fantastic. I love that development.

It was nice to see Cassandra Cain. I know she'll turn up again soon.

Can't wait for the next issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum