Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Lord Derek, you always save me so much money. bow

Laughing

Right now, Tim is engaged in a turf war with Ra's, which will probably stay confined to this book. Other than that, the only other plot development that could bleed into other titles is that Tim pieced clues together that Bruce is still alive through artifacts he found at a museum.

52Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:This book is good. I cannot say this book is must-read but I do enjoy the book. I think if your on the fence, wait for the trade.

gooood point

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

53Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Red Robin #11

Loved it. I have now completely accepted Tim as Red Robin and Damian as Robin. I still don't like how it was done, but I like the outcome now. I like that Tim has really come into his role as RR, and To's art is just fantastic. I LOVE his Red Robin.

I love Tim going up against Ra's. And I love how Tim doesn't take crap from Dick. He's standing up to him, and not just laying down. And I LOVE, just LOVE that he put Damian in his place.

I'm excited for Nicieza taking over, but I'm gonna miss Yost.

I agree with just about everything, except for missing Yost. I don't really feel strongly about him staying or going. The books have been getting better, but I think I'm ready for a fresh perspective as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really heartbroken that Yost is leaving. I too am ready for a fresh perspective, and I think Nicieza is just the writer to do that. It's just that now that Yost has finally found his footing, I'm curious what he would have done with the book if he had stayed.

54Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #12

I LOVED this.

It was great that Tim was able to match wits with Ra's (even if Ra's was testing him). I also loved the fact that Tim couldn't match him physically. It's nice to acknowledge that while Tim is a great fighter, he is at heart an intellect, and that those skills of his are more developed.

It was funny, I had JUST gotten used to the Red Robin costume, and Tim wearing it, then they go and change it. The changes were minor though, and I think I like it better now.

Well, when this book started Yost did his best to tear Tim down, but he spent his run building him back up, and I'm glad. Tim's back to himself. No compromises.

55Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 12:12 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also love that Tim is in control of the company. I know that it won't last, but I wish it would.

56Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 5:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was outstanding. I loved that Tim out-thought Ra's. That was just totally outstanding although I am glad that Tim wasn't able to take on Ra's in a fight. I thought Damian was really funny in this and I really like him as a character. This was a great ending to a good story and I can't wait to see what happens next.

57Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed on everything.

I'm really loving Damian now. I HATED him when he was introduced, but now he's becoming one of my favorite characters.

58Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 7:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also love the brotherly relationship between Dick and Tim. It was awesome how much trust Tim had in Dick and when I saw Damian and Batman in that defeating the ninjas, I knew that Batman was on his way to rescue Tim. Awesome.

59Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed again.

60Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked how Ra's thought Tim would handle the situation like Bruce would, alone. Seeing all the other heroes show up was cool. And again, ties into my point of why the DCU is so unique. You can 'Kevin Bacon' just about anyone to see the connections through other characters. I'm glad Tim didn't beat Ra's physically as well. That would have been insulting, so it's nice it didn't go that route. As for producing an heir, is Talia making the rounds through the Bat-family? huh

61Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 9:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That was a great fake out. Especially considering how much of loner Tim was at the beginning of the series. I loved Kid Flash's comment about the Selina Kyle save. It would be one of the best days ever for me as well. I also liked the part with Wonder Girl and Barbara. Who do you think was the woman Ra's was talking to at the end? Was it Talia or was it someone else?

62Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu May 06, 2010 10:34 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: Was it Talia or was it someone else?

First thought would be Talia since Ra's has no other daughter (that we know of). But I'm sure there's some swerve coming

63Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 8:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote: Was it Talia or was it someone else?

First thought would be Talia since Ra's has no other daughter (that we know of). But I'm sure there's some swerve coming
At first I thought Talia too but that just seems to obvious to me.

64Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 9:12 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I Loved how this ended! It was a great book all around. I just got one question...Man-Bat? how, when & where did he become a good guy....friends with Tim, and willing to help? I must have completly missed that in some other book. I loved the "I have Friends" line as well as catwoman & Barbras saves.

65Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 10:00 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would imagine it happened during the "Battle for the Cowl" story. I think there was a Man-Bat one shot or something.

66Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:As for producing an heir, is Talia making the rounds through the Bat-family? huh

I don't think that was Talia. What if it was Tam?

67Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 1:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I would imagine it happened during the "Battle for the Cowl" story. I think there was a Man-Bat one shot or something.

Indeed. There was also a Streets of Gotham issue where he helped Huntress

68Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri May 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As you guys mentioned, the fact that Tim used backup was great. I loved all the saves, but the Barbara one was the best. She's awesome.

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:As for producing an heir, is Talia making the rounds through the Bat-family? huh

I too was wondering who it was. I first thought Talia, but I don't think it's her. I also questioned it being Tam, but I hope not. First of all, I want Tim to find happiness. I like the two of them together, and I don't like the idea of her playing him. Also, in past issues we got inside Tam's head (with caption boxes) and so it seems she's not with Ra's. I hope they don't go the route that she is because that would go against her narration, and I hate when those errors occur.

I have to honestly say that this book is now probably my favorite DC book. I love GL (the book), but Tim's my favorite DC character (tied with Bruce), and this book is just a lot of fun.

69Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat May 08, 2010 3:32 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I COMPLETELY forgot to mention how awesome it was when Ra's called Tim "detective". I literally went "Fuck yeah!!".

70Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat May 08, 2010 5:43 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved this. And I like that issue 13 = year 2.

71Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat May 08, 2010 10:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:As you guys mentioned, the fact that Tim used backup was great. I loved all the saves, but the Barbara one was the best. She's awesome.

jaydee74 wrote:

I too was wondering who it was. I first thought Talia, but I don't think it's her. I also questioned it being Tam, but I hope not. First of all, I want Tim to find happiness. I like the two of them together, and I don't like the idea of her playing him. Also, in past issues we got inside Tam's head (with caption boxes) and so it seems she's not with Ra's. I hope they don't go the route that she is because that would go against her narration, and I hate when those errors occur.

I have to honestly say that this book is now probably my favorite DC book. I love GL (the book), but Tim's my favorite DC character (tied with Bruce), and this book is just a lot of fun.

Yeah, but at the same time having those commentaries from Tam would be such a swerve. We as the reader are meant to think that Tam is not involved like Tim would think but then BAM! I think that if it is Tam, that narration is not a error but a swerve and it would be awesome.

Batman25JM wrote:I COMPLETELY forgot to mention how awesome it was when Ra's called Tim "detective". I literally went "Fuck yeah!!".
I thought that was pretty damn cool too.

72Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:As you guys mentioned, the fact that Tim used backup was great. I loved all the saves, but the Barbara one was the best. She's awesome.

jaydee74 wrote:

Yeah, but at the same time having those commentaries from Tam would be such a swerve. We as the reader are meant to think that Tam is not involved like Tim would think but then BAM! I think that if it is Tam, that narration is not a error but a swerve and it would be awesome.

Yeah, but why would Tam be thinking/narrating that if she was complicit with Ra's? She wasn't saying it to Tim. I mean, this isn't breaking the fourth wall. The character does not know they are fictional (god this sounds so stupid). If Tam were in on it, the caption boxes would read something like "I have to make this look good. I don't want Tim to suspect anything".

73Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun May 09, 2010 7:24 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes, but then the reader would know she was working against Tim and for Ra's and then how would this page be a surprise? I'm not saying that's what they are doing and I'm not convinced 100% that's what I want to see but I do think it would be interesting. Think about it. Tim is now in control of Wayne Enterprises and it's been reported that Tim and Tam are engaged to be married. As much as I would just like to see Tim and Tam in a nice normal relationship, this could prove to be very cool.

74Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun May 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, we'd know if she'd said something to clue us in, but why would she narrate/think what she thought in the book if that wasn't what she was feeling/thinking? Would she narrate that? Would she do it just to throw the reader off? That doesn't make sense. She's not aware that there is a reader. It's supposed to be what she's thinking, she wouldn't "say" that to herself.

75Red Robin - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun May 09, 2010 5:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If it is the case and that is Tam, maybe this is her actual feelings? Maybe she didn't know what was going to happen when it came to tracking Tim Drake down. I still think it would make a great swerve. It would be something that Tim wouldn't expect and that would be kind of cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum