Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

76Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon May 10, 2010 3:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just heard a better guess than Tam. What if it's Prudence?

77Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon May 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I just heard a better guess than Tam. What if it's Prudence?

Now that would be perfect. I'd love that.

78Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon May 10, 2010 5:39 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pru actually could fit, "I'm on it" or some such sounds like something she'd say

79Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just hope that now that Tim's back with the Bat-family that he'll be a bigger part of the DCU again. I mean, over this last year he hasn't really been seen much outside of his own book. I want him popping up a lot more. And dammit, he NEEDS to rejoin the Teen Titans.

80Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I relly liked this series and really like Tim as Red Robin. However, I'd prefer to see him doing much of what he has been doing in this series: Dealing with crime, intrigue, and conspiracies. It suits him well and makes for an exciting read.

81Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #13

I LOVED this issue. This is honestly my favorite DC book right now, and it's tied with Daredevil for my favorite book period.

It's great that Tim's completely back in the Bat family. I love his interactions with Damian.

I'm loving that Tim has a plan.

Him mentioning the Titans makes me hopeful that he'll rejoin. There's really no reason for him not to go back. Honestly, story-wise I think he needs too rejoin. IMO, Cassie isn't fit to run the team, at least not the way she has been written since Johns left the book.

So, Cassandra Cain might be in Hong Kong. It said so on Tim's computer. I have a feeling she'll show up sooner or later.

I LOVE the art. To is just great. The modified Red Robin costume is great. I do wonder why the cover has Tim wearing the old style though. Oh, and I love the design of the whatever you want to call it that Tim's holding on the cover. A Red Robinarang? A birdarang? Whatever. I hope he's seen using it in the book.

Can't wait for the next issue. It's torture having to wait a month.

82Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. This was a great issue. I really liked the beginning of the issue. The interaction between Dick, Damian and Tim was very cool. I'm interested in seeing where this goes. I really like this a lot.

83Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I sort of regret dropping this series (due to the lack of media coverage)...I'm so far behind now I guess I will just have to collect via trade..

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

84Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It is very worth it. Tim Drake is a great character and this series is even better than the Robin series if that's even possible. Check it out in trade when you can. Great stuff.

85Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:05 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree, this book is good.

86Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:It is very worth it. Tim Drake is a great character and this series is even better than the Robin series if that's even possible. Check it out in trade when you can. Great stuff.

QFT.

87Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The modified Red Robin costume is great. I do wonder why the cover has Tim wearing the old style though.

It's probably a stock cover, meaning it was drawn months in advance and used whenever they feel like it.

88Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Could be, but the fact that it had a bunch of villains on the screen behind Tim, and that happened in the issue makes it seem like it was specifically drawn for this issue.

89Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Could be, but the fact that it had a bunch of villains on the screen behind Tim, and that happened in the issue makes it seem like it was specifically drawn for this issue.

Right, it was for this issue, but drawn months in advance. So maybe they had the book plotted out, and that there was a costume change coming, but weren't set on a new design when this was drawn.

That's the only explanation that makes sense to me considering it's the same person who drew the cover and interior. Why would he draw it two different ways unless one was done at a different time?

90Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I figured it was done prior to drawing the issue since that is the only explanation that makes sense. I just thought that they'd have had the new design done prior to drawing the cover. I guess not.

91Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. The cover really didn't bother me. It's the interior that impressed the heck out of me. I cannot wait for more of this amazing title.

92Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^The cover didn't bug me at all, I just found it odd.

This book is just all kinds of awesome. I'm really having a hard time waiting a month in between issues.

93Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I was listening to a podcast and someone made a very interesting comment about Lynx and how she is becoming Tm's Catwoman and I can see that. She's not totally bad or good and I really like the interaction between the two. Tim's life is getting interesting and I can't wait to see where it all goes. Also, as head of Wayne Enterprises, I can see some interesting plot points and it's a great way to get some good Tim stories.

Question though. How big do you think Gotham is. I mean, you got Batman and Robin operating there. Not to mention the Birds of Prey. I can only assume Catwoman is still working there as well and you got Batgirl. Now Red Robin. Gotham is turning into Marvel's New York City in a way. Laughing

94Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Laughing

95Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's that time again!

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img80/9011/1274824957822.jpg

Spoiler:

96Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Red Robin #14

God I love this book. Honestly, there are no words to express just how much I love this book. It's torture waiting a month in between issues.

I love how Tim and Dick's relationship has mended/is mending.

Tim finally cutting loose on Damian was great. I love when they show that Tim is no slouch when it comes to fighting ability.

I absolutely LOVED the Brady Bunch references. It was so fitting.

97Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was great. I thought the fight between Tim and Damian was a long time coming and it looks like nothing got resolved but I thought how it ended was awesome. Where they ended the fight was poignant. They may not like each other but like it or not, Damian and Tim are family and I would eventually like to see those two find some kind of common ground. I do like how Damian is trying though. I like his characterization in this issue.

Tim's list. He's not only making a list for villains but he's doing one for heroes as well and we all know how well that worked for Batman and the fact that Dick Grayson said so should have some kind of foreshadowing to that scene but Tim should be careful. He had some very powerful heroes on that list. I do love the relationship between Tim Drake and Dick Grayson. Both are the adopted sons of Bruce Wayne. Both of them had been Robin and moved onto new identities and both are awesome characters. The Brady Bunch reference was rather cool.

This issue was great. I see a very interesting nemesis in Vicky Vale. How much does she know about Bruce Wayne and his crusade? I always forget that she has been a long-time character in the Batman Universe. That should be an interesting plot point and I'm curious to see where that all goes. Overall, this book has me hooked and like my friend Batman25JM, I cannot wait for the next issue to come out. This is a well done, very interesting, very entertaining book.

98Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:08 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, I'm loving the Vicky Vale plot line. I loved Tim's reaction when he figured out that she knew. Also, the Tim/Damian fight ending in front of the theater in Crime Alley was amazing. I loved that whole bit.

99Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:38 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also have to add that I'm still loving the art. Marcus To is just kicking ass.

100Red Robin - Page 4 Empty Re: Red Robin Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, my relationship with this book is like an addiction. I get a fix, and it satisfies me for a short while, but then I go into withdrawal. By the time the withdrawal subsides enough to deal with it's time for the next issue to come out, and I get my fix and then the cycle starts over. It's insane. It's not like that with any other book. Even books I LOVE I can deal with the wait, but not this book. I just love it (and the character of Tim Drake) too much. It's unhealthy. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum