Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Robin

+10
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Sandman
Spazzy
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
LOOSECANNON
blue halo
Batman25JM
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

176Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:15 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
If I'm singling out a single character it's because I had really liked her characterization in Wonder Woman and especially in Young Justice. I liked how Geoff Johns evolved her when she became a member of the Teen Titans and when he left the book, I felt her character suffered the most and I kind of take exception to the fact that you assume I am saying this because she's a female character which couldn't be further from the truth.

I agreed with everything you said, especially this last part. It has NOTHING to do with her being a female. I love female characters. And I've said before how bad the book got after Johns left. Yes, pretty much, if not everyone, was written poorly. However, Cassie seemed to suffer the most, and it has seemed to stick with her. I've never read her in the old Wonder Woman stuff, and have only read a little of her in Young Justice, but when Johns was writing Teen Titans I thought she was a great character. Then he left, and McKeever kind of assassinated her character. After that others just continued the poor work McKeever had done. Now, with Krul on the book he's doing a better job with her, but I still don't think she's back to where she was.

Then call out the writer, not the character, dude. That's all I was saying.

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Being annoyed at her characterization and contesting that is a different thing from going "yeah she sucked as a leader LOL" which you were kinda doing, whether you meant to or not. It kinda does make it sound like you're just ripping on one character from a book that treated all of its characters like weird Gossip Girl aliens because she's a girl or whatever you wanna say your reason was. Just sayin'. BUT, I see what you mean, and in terms of what you JUST posted, I do agree. I love that Cassie, and I like the Cassie that we've seen so far from Krul. She can be a leader, and she could be an awesome leader, she just needs a writer that will treat her character like an actual character and not like Heidi Montag.

So did it irk me when Bart was like "YEAH LOL CASSIE WHAT IS YOUR LIFE"...I get that Bart can be a troll sometimes, but openly being like "Haha, yeah our leader WTF? NOW TIM COME HERE AND LET ME AT YOUR PEEP YOU NATURAL BORN LEADER YOU." I was like whatevs. Rolling Eyes

See, that's why I said that she wasn't a leader the way she's been written lately. She sucked as a leader because she was written that way. Seriously, the team was a mess, and I swear I remember her saying something about having a hard time leading.

As for Tim being a natural born leader, he is. That's the way he's been written for years. And yes, I do admit that I want him to lead because he's my favorite comic character (tied with Bruce Wayne), and that I feel the team just isn't right without him. Now, he was the leader of Young Justice and the Teen Titan (after Cyborg and Starfire left). The others looked to him as a leader. So, it does make sense that him being back, if only for one mission, the others would naturally look to him. It's just getting back into their old rhythm.

I'm sorry if anything I said earlier came off as being like I was singling out Cassie because she's female or anything, but I really hate it when you can't say anything negative about a female character without it being labeled as sexist or something along those lines.

One, yeah there's nothing wrong with the Titans being like "Hey Tim's our go-to guy, so let's let him work this mission out." That makes sense. What's annoying is Bart's little trolly quip, which I think would irk someone who actually does give a shit about her character and who does remember her potential as a rad leading character and not her crappy treatment with past writers. I'm not labeling you a sexist dude, but take a quick sec to think if you would have been blaming Tim's character or the writers who wrote him into a crappy corner if it had been Tim being trolololololed for being a shitty leader. It's all about wording, and just being aware about who/what you're actually complaining about. I'm sure when you were writing you weren't like LOL FEMALES WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. But your initial word choice was "Yeah, Cassie's a crappy leader." Not, "Cassie has not been getting the kind of treatment and fun character like her should be getting."

I ain't mad, I'm just pointing stuff out. Awesome

Last edited by WonderWoman2.0 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to fix my damn quotes, son!)

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

177Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I often call out both the writer and the character. I'll call the character out in story, but the writer out for writing them that way. In my initial post I said she wasn't a leader (the way she'd been written these past few years). I see that as calling out both. In story, which is in continuity, she's done a sucky job, but that is the fault of the writers.

Bart's little quip didn't bother me because it pointed out that the team has been a mess. Yes, it was saying it was because of Cassie, but in the story that makes sense. It is true that it's because of the writers, but to these characters all they see is Cassie. Bart isn't going to say "it's nice to actually have a writer who knows what they are doing". Also, Bart's been known to speak without thinking.

178Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I actually like Gossip Girl.

Blair and Dan need to get together!!!! Very Happy
hmm
Take your Gossip Girl talk somewhere else dude. Wink

179Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:32 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why have him say anything, y'know? Cassie's his friend too... At some point, someone was like "haha, how funny would this be? Let's poke fun at how shitty this book's been, hey Cassie, you're turribul, LOL!" And then fanboys are like "Oh man she so is, writers are dumb."

The whole thing just makes me Rolling Eyes But it's whatever. Everyone's gonna think what they think, regardless. don't know

180Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I actually like Gossip Girl.

Blair and Dan need to get together!!!! Very Happy
hmm
Take your Gossip Girl talk somewhere else dude. Wink

I have nowhere else to take it!! Laughing

I love so many shows that I have nowhere to talk about (Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Brothers & Sisters, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, etc). None of my friends watch them, and I'm sure almost no one one here does either. I'm all alone. Sad

181Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thacher watches terrible TV like that, I'm sure you two could catch up on it. Wink

182Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

I think you mean "terribly awesome TV".Wink

183Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:31 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes. That is what I meant. whistle

184Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do agree with you Batman25JM. I think Tim should be on the Teen Titans. There really isn't a good reason why he can't be on the team unless it's for some creative purpose. If Dick can be on the JLA and star in the Batman books, why can't Tim do the same?

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Thacher watches terrible TV like that, I'm sure you two could catch up on it. Wink
What does he watch?
Batman25JM wrote:Laughing

I think you mean "terribly awesome TV".Wink
WonderWoman2.0 wrote:Yes. That is what I meant. whistle
Laughing

185Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I do agree with you Batman25JM. I think Tim should be on the Teen Titans. There really isn't a good reason why he can't be on the team unless it's for some creative purpose. If Dick can be on the JLA and star in the Batman books, why can't Tim do the same?

I know!! I totally agree with you agreeing with me. Laughing

186Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:01 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I do agree with you Batman25JM. I think Tim should be on the Teen Titans. There really isn't a good reason why he can't be on the team unless it's for some creative purpose. If Dick can be on the JLA and star in the Batman books, why can't Tim do the same?

I know!! I totally agree with you agreeing with me. Laughing
And I agree with all of that. Great. We're in agreement.

187Red Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Red Robin Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thumbs up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum