Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favorite Comic Book Quotes

+30
burntoffering08
Elmo Machete
G_Zatara
Warren_Worthington IV
Warpig372
GigaToast
Spazzy
The Ignored One
Spider_Fan14
deadbolt85
NorrinRadd
prescribeddrone
LordD3r3k
NSFW
hrdwrkngXsoldier
jaydee74
gangsternerd
shining knight
elijahdprophet
Jherek
tstrike99
Ska
Gandicles
kidspider2099
rwe1138
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Administrator
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:From Batman: TAS, yet, to me, still counts as comicbook quote. This is specifically from the award winning "Heart of Ice."

Mr. Freeze
"This is how I will always remember you. Surrounded by winter. Forever young. Forever beautiful. Rest well my love. The monster who took you from me will soon learn that revenge is a dish best served cold."

"Think of it Batman. To never again walk upon a summer's day with a hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I'd kill for that."

"I'm beyond emotions. They've been frozen dead in me."

"In my nightmares I see my Nora behind the glass begging to me with frozen eyes. How I've longed to see that look frozen on you!"

"I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg your forgiveness and pray you hear me somehow... someplace. Someplace where a warm hand waits for mine."
Terrific choices Maxx, and I'd like to add Mr.Freeze's last lines in Batman Beyond;
Batman (Terry): Freeze, you have to get out of here! The whole place is going down!
Mr.Freeze: Believe me...you're the only one who cares.

And the monolouge of Joker's in Return of the Joker TNBA flashback is great too.

52Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astonishing X-Men #9:

*while the mansion is being destroyed/wreaked yet again*

Wolverine: "Next time guys, we should just rebuild this place outta Lego."

53Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Loved that too. Astonishing was filled with great quotes.

One of my all time favorite comic moments:

Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Gsaxm_emma_kity

54Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nightcrawler: "Perhaps your right. I've had a pretty easy life so far, I guess--not at all like you. For example, I never had to worry about optic beams, I've only been blue and furry since I was born!"
Cyclops: "You trying to be funny?"
Nightcrawler: "Merely making a point. We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you."

Warren Worthington III, Angel: "I bet I'm the first Angel who had to break into heaven!"

55Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:08 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Well come on then, the both of you." - Sinestro, challenging Hal & Kyle to a fist-fight after all their rings had been depleted of energy.

56Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:21 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

"I am not Gonzo or Uncle Scrooge, I am Larfleeze !!!"

57Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As much as I really think Whedon is over-rated, he had some pretty cool banter in AXM.

Emma Frost: The mutants aren't a community, punkin. They're pathetic sheep, begging to be shorn. Three students were missing from my ethics class. Seventeen overall. Logan had to break up two fistfights and a mystical swordfight. And that dreadful Guatemala crab-boy is at Benetech telling reporters this is every mutant's only chance to avoid burning in everlasting hellfire. This is eating us from the inside out.

Kitty: Oh my God. You teach ethics?

Emma: Yes, do let's make jokes right now.

Kitty: I'm not joking. I have a very large problem with that concept.

58Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^While I disagree about Whedon being overrated, I agree that he had some great dialog in Astonishing X-Men

Astonishing X-Men #21:

Agent Brand: I think we oughta split up.
Beast: At least we agree on something.
Agent Brand: You're coming with me.
Beast: And so ends that era.

59Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Elmo Machete

Elmo Machete
Cadet
Cadet

I'm new to the forums, so I have no idea if anybody's quoted this line yet... but, from Wanted...

"I don't fuck goats... I make love to them."

Wouldn't the movie have been so much better with this line in it?

60Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Elmo Machete wrote:I'm new to the forums, so I have no idea if anybody's quoted this line yet... but, from Wanted...

"I don't fuck goats... I make love to them."

Wouldn't the movie have been so much better with this line in it?

The movie would have been better if it were scrapped. I'm still trying to get my brain to unwatch it.. Rolling Eyes

61Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am

Elmo Machete

Elmo Machete
Cadet
Cadet

The things they kept from the comic actually pissed me off more than anything they changed, because it felt like the things they kept were just arbitrary nods to the nerds who were gonna see the movie anyway. WELL! Sorry, Millar - you've made me doubt any/all movie adaptations of your work.

...but my brother-in-law offered to pay for me to see Kick-Ass opening day...

...and Kick-Ass was amazing...

OH SHIT! This is still a quotes thread!

"Why does it always come down to one of our own hurting us..?"
- the Wasp's EXPY

"They don't remember because I don't WANT them to remember... THAT, & they haven't collected those stories in trade paperback yet..."
- Mr. Mxyzptlk

Both from some lame-ass Jeph Loeb story, y'all know how it is.

62Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:57 am

burntoffering08

burntoffering08
Cadet
Cadet

"In times of war, circumstances dictate action." - Batman written in S/B:Public Enemies.

63Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right?" The Joker

64Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Elmo Machete wrote:

"Why does it always come down to one of our own hurting us..?"
- the Wasp's EXPY

"They don't remember because I don't WANT them to remember... THAT, & they haven't collected those stories in trade paperback yet..."
- Mr. Mxyzptlk

Both from some lame-ass Jeph Loeb story, y'all know how it is.
That would be from Loeb and McGuiness' final S&B storyarc "With a Vengence!"

65Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right?" The Joker
Thought The Joker was a bit overrated due to TDK, but it did have its moments, and this is a one captured nicely.

66Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Thought The Joker was a bit overrated due to TDK, but it did have its moments, and this is a one captured nicely.

Sorry, I labeled it wrong. The Joker said it, but it's from The Killing Joke

67Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh. Still haven't read that. I'd heard that before. Thought it was from Azzarello's Joker. don't know

68Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The following quote is not from a comic, but since the precedent was set for comic related quotes I'll post it.

It's from the 90s X-Men cartoon:

"Alright you egg sucking piece of gutter trash. You always liked pushing people around who were smaller than you! Well I'm smaller, try pushing me!" -Wolverine

69Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

"The only true art objects are the gun and the bomb" Kill Your Boyfriend

"You know, all of a sudden I can't think of anything even remotely funny to say." Cliff Steele, Doom Patrol

70Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Mon May 10, 2010 3:00 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

let's see some of my personal faves.(most of these are Joker Quotes)

"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever."
The Joker

"Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense."
The Comedian

"When I saw what a black, awful joke the world was, I went crazy as a coot! I admit it! Why can't you? I mean, you're not unintelligent! You must see the reality of the situation. Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"
The Joker

"Oh, yes! Fill the churches with dirty thoughts! Introduce honesty to the White House! Write letters in dead languages to people you've never met! Paint filthy words on the foreheads of children! Burn your credit cards and wear high heels! Asylum doors stand open! Fill the suburbs with murder and rape! Divine madness! Let there be ecstasy, ecstasy in the streets! Laugh and the world laughs with you!"
The Joker

"If I weren't crazy, I'd be insane!" The Joker

71Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:11 pm

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

"marcus, shut that bitch up or i'm gonna meatshield her!!" - baird in gears of war #11

72Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 pm

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

"...or learn again the difference between a god of thunder... and a mortal man in a metal suit."
Thor after he tore up Iron Man in Thor #3.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

73Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:00 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BigSoupCan wrote:"...or learn again the difference between a god of thunder... and a mortal man in a metal suit."
Thor after he tore up Iron Man in Thor #3.

Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Thor_3_DCP_0016

Owned.

74Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:05 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Blackest Night #8 Larfleeze talking to Luthor
"Victory is MINE Baldy! And if you had any hair I'd take that too!"

75Favorite Comic Book Quotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Comic Book Quotes Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:13 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

"Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint" Doom, Doomwar 3

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum