Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

251The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat May 15, 2010 12:24 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love you wade... thanks for making my day.

252The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat May 15, 2010 12:54 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:AVENGERS #1 preview

The Avengers Thread - Page 11 95227_267321_3

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=5187&disp=table

So that solves the mystery of who that blond guy is...Steve f'n Rogers. Laughing
Also, the Next Avengers! thumbs up

Sweet.

I'm happy the Next Avengers are making their MU debut. I liked the movie quite a bit, and it's going to be nice to have them in the comics.

They've been referring to Steve as a captain. I remember back on the WUMB I started a thread asking the question asking about Steve's rank. I thought that after all his service that he should have a higher rank. Lot of people thought that his actual rank was higher than captain, but since Captain America was such a major symbol that in costume he just continued to use that name. Well, I guess his actual rank is still only captain. That seems wrong.

The art isn't bothering me so much anymore. Though I still hate JRJR's Spider-Woman (Ms. Marvel doesn't look much better), and Steve looks like a pompous twit in one of the panels when he's talking to Simon.

253The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat May 15, 2010 1:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah I really liked the Next Avengers movie.
The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Nextavengers

thumbs up

254The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon May 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So Avengers #1 hits this Wednesday (May 19th)...and apparently it's "Avengers Day"!

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.12542.avengers_day~colon~_join_us_may_19~excl~

Free stuff and what not. Very Happy

255The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon May 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 11 12731612

Hey Wade, I hope this isn't too rage-inducing...but I think they changed his name. I saw an ad in the Sentry: Fallen Sun issue that had him named "Mettle" instead of "Fortress". Seems like they've officially changed the name... unsure

256The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^That's disappointing.

Bigtymin504 wrote:So Avengers #1 hits this Wednesday (May 19th)...and apparently it's "Avengers Day"!

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.12542.avengers_day~colon~_join_us_may_19~excl~

Free stuff and what not. Very Happy
blink 'Avengers Day' seems a little too gimmicky for my tastes. But hey, as long as you guys get free stuff, Happy Avengers Day! Laughing

257The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #1

I wanna start off by saying that I thought JRJR really killed it this issue. He's gotten a lot of flack on the interwebs for being on this book, but IMO he just proved to be the right man for the job. The art gave the book a true "Heroic Age" vibe. And as for the story and setup, loved it. Bendis introduced the team very quickly and had Cap keep his reasoning short and sweet. This was a nice change of pace from most team-assembling #1s. I'm also glad Maria Hill will be running the team, she's become a really great character over the last 2 years in Frac's IIM. Then before you knew it, Kang shows up! I loved his entrance, especially cuz Thor busted him up right away! Hawkeye's line was classic: "That would be what it's like to be on the Avengers with Thor." Laughing Will be great to see Spidey and Jessica Drew experiencing that first hand now.

I really like the premise with Kang and the Next Avengers. I personally loved that animated movie so it's great to see them making their comic debut here. I think Bendis has a ton of crazy stuff planned involving the timestream and dimensions. I'm really looking forward to it, it should be a great ride as long as it doesn't get too confusing. That last page has me pretty damn excited.

Oh and the "Oral History of Earth's Mightiest Heroes" back up was pretty awesome. Good read and really cool concept.

Anyone have any ideas on who Logan has in mind to help with time travel? Drawing a blank here. neutral

258The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 12:58 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, issue was #1 was great.

259The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 1:05 am

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

I actually really liked this first issue, and the twist at the end is something Im definetly interested in seeing explored. Plus it was damn good seeing Clint as Hawkeye again.

As far as who Logan was talking about I would figure Noh-Varr just cause I think the missing person that Steve was referring to was Wonderman.

All in all I have this is a pretty good start to the Heroic Age.

260The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 1:17 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The Avengers Thread - Page 11 12731612

Hey Wade, I hope this isn't too rage-inducing...but I think they changed his name. I saw an ad in the Sentry: Fallen Sun issue that had him named "Mettle" instead of "Fortress". Seems like they've officially changed the name... unsure

Laughing Yeah. This is a testament to the fact that Marvel realized his awesomeness and felt a simple name like Fortress wasn't enough. They needed a far superior play on words. They succeeded. That and lawsuits. Everyone wants a piece of the Fortress pie (sexual innuendos abounds).

261The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Oh how I love internet explorer, I just typed in a lenghty review and somehow it clicked "back."

Avengers #1 = 4/5 Bags&Boards = Excellent

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

262The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #1

Loved it. I'm super excited that the Next Avengers are making their MU debut. And I just LOVE time travel stories.

JRJR's art was pretty good. I still hate his Spider-Woman, and I think his Maria Hill is hideous (I couldn't even tell who she was at first), but most of the other stuff looks pretty good.

So Spidey and Wolverine will be on both the main team and the New Avengers team? I'm curious to see if that is indeed the case.

263The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers #1
So Spidey and Wolverine will be on both the main team and the New Avengers team? I'm curious to see if that is indeed the case.
It's kind of predictable but why not?

264The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Oh how I love internet explorer, I just typed in a lenghty review and somehow it clicked "back."

Avengers #1 = 4/5 Bags&Boards = Excellent

Wow I hate that! Its why I never use IE anymore. shake my head

265The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JRJR's art is, to me, equivalent to the Goonies; I know I'm supposed to think it's phenomenal, but it just doesn't blow my skirt up.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

266The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu May 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forgot to mention before, but damn, Spider-Man's characterization is dead on in this issue. He's hilarious. I LOVED him wanting Clint to proclaim his identity. Bendis NEEDS to write some issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

267The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 9:44 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Wow...I did not dig Avengers #1 at all. I usually dig JRJR, but his art just didn't do it for me this time. The story was way too light and goofy to be right after Dark Reign and Seige. I know Marvel's going for a lighter tone here, but it was too drastic of a shift. I did like seeing Clint back in the Hawkeye uniform, and some of the one-liners were pretty good (especially Thor telling Bucky he's not sure who he is). However, I HATED that spread with all the prospective Avengers giving their respective one-liners and catch phrases. That really took me out of the book. And this whole Back To The Future Part II plot is not doing it for me either. If New Avengers and Secret Avengers are going to follow this model, I guess I'm going to be reading less Marvel books for a while.

268The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Wow...I did not dig Avengers #1 at all. I usually dig JRJR, but his art just didn't do it for me this time. The story was way too light and goofy to be right after Dark Reign and Seige. I know Marvel's going for a lighter tone here, but it was too drastic of a shift.
In defense of the book, I'd consider it more "Pre-Heroic Age" than "Post-Siege".

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

269The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I forgot to mention before, but damn, Spider-Man's characterization is dead on in this issue. He's hilarious. I LOVED him wanting Clint to proclaim his identity. Bendis NEEDS to write some issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

I LOL'd when Spidey asked Kang "Do I ever find true love?" Laughing

270The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

KingJoffers wrote:As far as who Logan was talking about I would figure Noh-Varr just cause I think the missing person that Steve was referring to was Wonderman.

Good call on Noh-Varr, I totally forgot he's supposed to be on the team. I re-read the issue and Kang says they'll know how to see the future "when the team is complete" and Tony says they need someone with not only time travel knowledge but interdimensional travel knowledge too. Noh-Varr certainly has that.

271The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 3:12 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
KingJoffers wrote:As far as who Logan was talking about I would figure Noh-Varr just cause I think the missing person that Steve was referring to was Wonderman.

Good call on Noh-Varr, I totally forgot he's supposed to be on the team. I re-read the issue and Kang says they'll know how to see the future "when the team is complete" and Tony says they need someone with not only time travel knowledge but interdimensional travel knowledge too. Noh-Varr certainly has that.

I thought Noh-Varr was gonna be a Secret Avenger?

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

272The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Good call. I was hoping it was Forge but I remembered Ghost Boxes and wept. It doesn't help that JRjr's art had unsatisfactory sex with my eyes leaving me traumatized. I'm very much waiting for Secret Avengers now.

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:I thought Noh-Varr was gonna be a Secret Avenger?

I don't think so. He seemed left off the promos fro that. He was rumoured for that but it seems confirmed for another team.

273The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 9:57 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the first issue of Avengers was pretty good. I'm still not sure if I wanna keep buying the series or not though.

274The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I forgot to mention before, but damn, Spider-Man's characterization is dead on in this issue. He's hilarious. I LOVED him wanting Clint to proclaim his identity. Bendis NEEDS to write some issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

I LOL'd when Spidey asked Kang "Do I ever find true love?" Laughing

Me too. That was hilarious. Laughing

275The Avengers Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri May 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I'm actually happy that Spidey and Wolverine are (from all appearances) going to be on both the New Avengers and the main team.

I LOVE Spider-Man and Spider-Woman being on the same team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum