Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+52
superdoug
Spazzy
SammIAm
Dr Awkward
Big Poppa Nick
AKA Brandon
Gojiratoho
Foxy
kidspider2099
pink*lantern
Xman00aoa
UltimateUltimacy
Steel Rose
jfx316
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
dpool666
Sapphire Gypsy
Ska
goatt
wickidchyld
melvinlikechris
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
potatojoe
The Chris Ward Experience
Denim
Rath99
The Delta
Debaser77
dmahoney
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
elijahdprophet
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MillionDollarGeek
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
rwe1138
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 42]

101The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

WonderWoman2.0 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:For the record, I didn't have a lapdance.

But not for lack of trying on the strippers' part! Laughing
I know, right? Must've been the flannel. Maybe they thought I was George Lucas' son.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

102The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

rwe1138 wrote:
I know, right? Must've been the flannel. Maybe they thought I was George Lucas' son.

Or maybe it was that their job is to dance naked for money.

103The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:

Laughing

I had to give myself a dick-punch for that one.

104The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:

IMPOSSIBLE.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

105The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:53 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Joshua wrote:
Silent K wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:

Laughing

I had to give myself a dick-punch for that one.

Oh man, I forgot about that.

"That is so funny I'm going to punch Josh in the crotch!"

106The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

*clenches fist*

107The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:21 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hey, hey! don't slag off sir sean.... Laughing

108The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks for the Kick-Ass spoiler-alert. Smile

109The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey "Annoying-bank-stories-that-no-one-gives-a-crap-living-shit-about" KWhack... I wasn't drunk. 100% sober, bitch.
Laughing tongue

Knize and Lee, I'll stroke your ego's anytime. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

110The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Just because of that song I will never do business with your bank. Ever.

111The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

@ Pete - The chat said it first, but I WAS quick to agree.

@ Eli - We have four branches, all in NH, and barely competitive rates. We also don't do mortgages. It was a safe bet you'd never do business with us anyways. That said? Good call.

112The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:@ Pete - The chat said it first, but I WAS quick to agree.

tsk tsk tsk...and here I thought you knew me.

shake my head

113The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:15 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Kick Ass was a great movie. I am waiting for the opinion to change when Nick Cage gives an interview next year... thumbs up

114The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I never told Loeb I liked Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum, and I never said I hate Nick Cage. I don't love him, either, but... the point stands. An interview of Nick Cage, by me, would focus almost entirely on his comic book love and as little as possible on his movie roles.

115The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:54 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Mnemosis wrote:I never told Loeb I liked Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum, and I never said I hate Nick Cage. I don't love him, either, but... the point stands. An interview of Nick Cage, by me, would focus almost entirely on his comic book love and as little as possible on his movie roles.

I'm just playin, dog! Although I do totally disagree with your thoughts on the movie.

I just reread kick ass today after listening and while there are things the comic did better I feel like most of the changes were fine and needed to try and make a semi successful film.

Think about the end of Taxi Driver and think if that would be a big enough ending for a summer blockbuster.

116The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I know you were kidding, but I'm still going to stand my ground.

In the interest of full disclosure? I've never seen Taxi Driver. But I get the reference.

1) Mid-April isn't even remotely the summer.
2) I resent any and all inferences that good stories can't be blockbusters on their own merits.
3) I am ALL FOR changing up some elements of a comic for movie consumption. I've said it in regards to Watchmen being TOO faithful. I never want panel-for-panel interpretations. But neither do I want sweeping thematic changes. I'll reference one of the Holy Grails - X-Men 2.

They adapted various elements of the X-Men's lore into a near perfect cinematic experience. The characters retained their core essences despite how they were otherwise changed.

The simple fact that Kick-Ass gets the girl is enough to radically alter the character and the film-going experience and make him little more than a Spider-Man clone. You've taken away the character's unique appeal.

Spider-Man is the guy almost every nerd wants to be. He's a hapless dork who through a twist of fate becomes a successful hero and has two hot girls vying for his affection.

Kick-Ass is the guy that almost every nerd WOULD be if they tried to become a superhero. He's a hapless dork who falls down, gets beaten up, and just in general fails at life despite his best intentions.

Movie Kick-Ass is the stereotypical Hollywood male lead. He bungles his way through life, but because he's the male lead, he always comes out on top. He lies to a girl who should have no real interest in him in the first place, and instead of indignant dejection, he gets laid. Repeatedly. He ends up with a jetpack that he'd have no means of getting himself, so that he can ride in as the cavalry in a ridiculously scripted scene. And when he and his nemesis knock each other unconscious, he's the one who gets up and pimps away, because he's "the hero." It is EVERYTHING that is to be hated about Hollywood.

117The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I won't let a jetpack or the fact that Kick-Ass gets his dick wet ruin my enjoyment of a fun, violent, entertaining flick.

Plus...women are crazy. Why couldn't she change her mind from one adaptation to the other?

Jetpack-Gate just seems like an excuse to not like the movie, which in all intents and purposes, is in the big leagues as far as successful comics-to-film adaptations.

118The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

::shrugs:: Again... we're really making more of this than I ever meant to. It's not like I consider this a Transformers 2 level travesty, I just hate the Hollywoodification of the story and feel it ultimately makes it "Meh"

119The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:32 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

On a different note, I think Actiony Packtioned Ruko should be an anime style mascot for the site, so there is a dude to balance out with Page.

120The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:50 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

listening right now and its pretty good.

btw the "wow... the editing on this video is amazing" comment on the Kevin Conroy Spotlight video was from me Smile

121The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I

Spider-Man is the guy almost every nerd wants to be. He's a hapless dork who through a twist of fate becomes a successful hero and has two hot girls vying for his affection.

BUT.......only ONE nerd can dress like him and pull it off well, and I sir am that nerd!

122The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

That is true.

123The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Kerouac singing, I am making that my ringtone!

124The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

God help those around you...

125The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

melvinlikechris wrote:Kerouac singing, I am making that my ringtone!

"This Bank is your Bank" has been stuck in my frigging head for 2 days now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum