Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+57
vikoros
Heytherejeffro
SexyToaster
Rath99
Airwolf
Parallax_48
kidspider2099
BigSoupCan
Sandman
Denim
potatojoe
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Janson
colossus1979
Jherek
Gojiratoho
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
supervenom
Tom
azrael07
elijahdprophet
Astro13Zombie
Scarie187
deadbolt85
Warren_Worthington IV
G_Zatara
Paroxysm
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Foreigner_Man
prescribeddrone
Esbat
TENIME_art
Ben Akers
Combo Mo
Fresh03
Bigtymin504
Spaced4SimonPegg
Silent K
jaydee74
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Batman25JM
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Topcat
shining knight
Thundermatts
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
superdoug
Lee
61 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 23]

526Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:"Me fail English?! That's unpossible!!" Laughing

Laughing

LordD3r3k wrote:It's possible that might have just been me fat-fingering the keyboard Laughing

Ohhh...I just assumed you'd copied & pasted from an online article. My bad. blush

527Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman wrote:

True, but the odds are that comic fans are going to go no matter what. If you want non comic readers to go the movie has to look good. I fear the general audience may have seen that and thought it looked like crap and will thus skip the movie.

Since the non comic readers have no frame of reference, I'm willing to bet it's not that big a deal to them
I'll agree with that. For the non-comic reader, they are not going to know he's supposed to have white gloves or what the costume is supposed to be made of. The non-comic reader is going to go "Hey. Some movie is coming out with Ryan Reynolds. I like Ryan Reynolds. Maybe I'll check it out."

Yeah, but I'm not talking about the changes to the design of the costume. I'm talking about how the CGI looks like crap. The suit looks awful and it has nothing to do with the fact that it doesn't have white gloves or things like that.

528Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Not everyone shares that opinion

529Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I know, but many do.

530Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I highly doubt that costume affected the general audience in such a fashion that the movie will be boycotted

531Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

On a happier note, I met John Stewart at Wizard World New Orleans this weekend!

Green Lantern - Page 22 ?ui=2&ik=a6502bda5b&view=att&th=12de3ca621c537b4&attid=0

He sat next to Ethan Van Sciver for most of the day. His name is Nick Jones, nice guy. Plus he's a military vet so he's perfect to play John. I asked him when we'll see a solo John Stewart movie...he said that would be a dream come true. Wink

532Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:On a happier note, I met John Stewart at Wizard World New Orleans this weekend!

Green Lantern - Page 22 ?ui=2&ik=a6502bda5b&view=att&th=12de3ca621c537b4&attid=0

He sat next to Ethan Van Sciver for most of the day. His name is Nick Jones, nice guy. Plus he's a military vet so he's perfect to play John. I asked him when we'll see a solo John Stewart movie...he said that would be a dream come true. Wink

I read this without the picture loaded and I'm like, "The guy from the Daily Show?" Laughing

533Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:On a happier note, I met John Stewart at Wizard World New Orleans this weekend!

I read this without the picture loaded and I'm like, "The guy from the Daily Show?" Laughing

lmao

534Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BTW check out the Cap sketch I had Van Sciver do.

Green Lantern - Page 22 Capphoto

happy

535Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:46 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Very sweet. I like how he transposed the Avengers symbol

536Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I highly doubt that costume affected the general audience in such a fashion that the movie will be boycotted
Seriously. The average Joe or Jane on the street most likely has never heard of Green Lantern and doesn't know what his costume looks like. Would I have preferred a more true representation of the Green Lantern costume? Of course. As a comic nerd and Green Lantern fanatic, I want it to be exactly like the comics. My common sense tells me you don't always get what you want. There are a lot of things I would have wanted different but this is how I see it. I want this movie to be great. I want people to see it and love it. That's what I'm hoping for. I think going in with a negative vibe is the wrong approach. I am optimistic about this movie and will continue to be so. HOPE!

537Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I highly doubt that costume affected the general audience in such a fashion that the movie will be boycotted
Seriously. The average Joe or Jane on the street most likely has never heard of Green Lantern and doesn't know what his costume looks like. Would I have preferred a more true representation of the Green Lantern costume? Of course. As a comic nerd and Green Lantern fanatic, I want it to be exactly like the comics. My common sense tells me you don't always get what you want. There are a lot of things I would have wanted different but this is how I see it. I want this movie to be great. I want people to see it and love it. That's what I'm hoping for. I think going in with a negative vibe is the wrong approach. I am optimistic about this movie and will continue to be so. HOPE!

I'm not talking about an accurate representation of the costume though. I'm talking about what many think is sub-par CGI. Now, that may not mean the movie is boycotted, but when the average moviegoer sees a trailer and thinks the effects look bad it may cause them not to go. Sure, not everyone may have thought it looked bad, but some did. That may hurt the movie some, it may not. I'm just saying that they should have waited on releasing a trailer until the CGI was more fine tuned. That's just my opinion. If you guys are fine with it, that's great, but I do think that the trailer that was released may have hurt the movie a little. Now, if they release a new trailer with the completed CGI and it is astounding, that could win back some people who may have written the movie off.

538Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it was a matter of they wanted people to know this was coming out. I still don't have a problem with the costume to be honest. I honestly don't know what people expect when you see something like the costume as a CGI creation. I honestly don't think the costume looks any worse than what we saw with the two variations of the Hulk for that live action movie. All I'm saying is have faith. Geoff Johns has given his seal of approval. I think as fanboys that should give us a sigh of relief.

539Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I truly hope it's good, I do. I just fear it may not be. I'm not completely writing it off, but I'm honestly not impressed with what I've seen so far. I'll probably end up liking it though. I'm a whore that way. Very Happy

540Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I truly hope it's good, I do. I just fear it may not be. I'm not completely writing it off, but I'm honestly not impressed with what I've seen so far. I'll probably end up liking it though. I'm a whore that way. Very Happy

That's all you can do my friend. Hope. It's cool that you're not impressed so far but I'm waiting for the final product and I know I'm biased but I'm just so excited for this.

541Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's Kilowog ya poozers!

Green Lantern - Page 22 Kilowog2

Green Lantern - Page 22 Kilowog

542Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice! Looks like Bzzt is in there too Very Happy

543Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He looks awesome. thumbs up

544Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Nice! Looks like Bzzt is in there too Very Happy

Oh snap didn't even notice him! I hope he gets a cool moment in this movie. Very Happy

545Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Oh snap didn't even notice him! I hope he gets a cool moment in this movie. Very Happy

I loved the scene where he flew into Mongul and busted out of his eye. That was intense

546Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I loved the scene where he flew into Mongul and busted out of his eye. That was intense

Yeah that's the exact type of badass moment I hope he gets in this!

547Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:36 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why the fuck is he fucking ORANGE!?

Green Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 Banghead

548Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Why the fuck is he fucking ORANGE!?

Green Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 BangheadGreen Lantern - Page 22 Banghead

His color doesn't seem all that different to me...

Green Lantern - Page 22 20070530-kilowog

549Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:46 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's reddish in that picture. It should be reddish/pinkish. Not orange.

It'd be like making [Bruce Banner] blue. "Oh, well, blue is close enough to green." No. He's green (or gray, if you want).

Hulk is not blue, Kilowog is not fucking orange.

550Green Lantern - Page 22 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Why the fuck is he fucking ORANGE!?

Because three pink and green aliens (Abin Sur, Sinestro, Kilowog) in one movie would be too much for the general movie-going public, and Kilowog being a shade or two off isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things.

Deep breaths.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum