Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment.

+29
potatojoe
Thundermatts
The Ignored One
Ric Magnum
Spider_Fan14
Lee
MillionDollarGeek
Foxy
blue halo
Rath99
SexyToaster
Babybear
Ska
Silent K
Mnemosis
rwe1138
krpykrwly
Esbat
Airwolf
superdoug
Administrator
shining knight
Debaser77
Tripper McGee
Ben Akers
Toothgrinder
Chi-Town Spidey
Joshua
elijahdprophet
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:55 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I am by no means as big a Marvel fan as I am DC, but my god, this could be terrible.

Yahoo News story about it

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't even know what to say. Completely flabergasted.

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy Crap! This is...um...wow?!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

Toothgrinder

Toothgrinder
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I can't wait for the Howard vs. Donald mini.

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Toothgrinder wrote:I can't wait for the Howard vs. Donald mini.

lol!

I made that same joke on another board.

Toothgrinder

Toothgrinder
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

What can I say? Great minds think alike.

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy shit! This is crazy.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Goodbye MAX line.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha

10Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:44 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Is it me or or 4 billion sounds too low for the whole corporation?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:46 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pre OMD or post OMD? Laughing

Well done mr Quesada this may be the first documented case of the internet literally cracking in half.

12Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

What does Joe Q have to with this? He's just an employee and the deal was signed by the share holders of both companies.

13Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Its a joke....an admitedly crap joke but a joke

14Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder if this Marvel/Disney thing has anything to do with Warner Bros/DC market.

Looks like we are going to be seeing the Disney Logo infront of Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

15Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Its a joke....an admitedly crap joke but a joke

No...it's really not...

Do I hear the sound of Horsemen?

16Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:
Looks like we are going to be seeing the Disney Logo infront of Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America.
Doubtful. I don't think some of you guys realize just how much Disney owns that doesn't have the Disney brand name plastered©️ all over it.

Honestly, outside of possibly having bigger budgets for the movies, I don't think this is going to affect Marvel's IP in any way creatively.

17Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doug I know this is real it was the fact that I said Joey Q was behind it (as he is behind everything) thats the joke

18Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Doug I know this is real it was the fact that I said Joey Q was behind it (as he is behind everything) thats the joke

STOP BEING SO FUCKING CLEVER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. :x

Wink Laughing Wink

19Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ha!

20Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

O M G - FINALLY!

WALL-E/CAPTAIN AMERICA CROSS OVERS!!!

i am soooo PSYCHED!

21Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Airwolf wrote:O M G - FINALLY!

WALL-E/CAPTAIN AMERICA CROSS OVERS!!!

i am soooo PSYCHED!

Or an Incredibles/Fantastic Four crossover; which, thinking about it, could actually be kind of awesome.

Although, it'd more likely be Incredibles/Power Pack. Laughing

22Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

syndrome as an marvel villian I could live with that

23Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:
Doubtful. I don't think some of you guys realize just how much Disney owns that doesn't have the Disney brand name plastered©️ all over it.

Honestly, outside of possibly having bigger budgets for the movies, I don't think this is going to affect Marvel's IP in any way creatively.
Yep. The only thing that could happen is that like with WB/DC, someone from Disney will now be the connection between the companies and oversee that everything is fine at the new division. Until last summer WB and no involvement at all with their comics company aside from giving DC money.

I wonder they'll kill their recent contracts with other comics publishers (Boom! Studios just recently won some Disney franchises from Gemstone) and move them to Marvel. It's not like Marvel didn't publish Disney properties in the past.

Also, I hope for minimum to none intervention, unless Disney has a better plan to improve Marvel.

superdoug wrote:
STOP BEING SO FUCKING CLEVER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. :x

Wink Laughing Wink
Don't know how to break it to you, but it's already late noon at Dave's place. He has lots of advantage over you right now.

24Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:31 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

syndrome as an marvel villian I could live with that
It won't happen. There may be Disney-comics produced by Marvel, but the worlds will never blend. This is no different than Time Warned owning DC and Warner Bros. characters staying out of the DCU.

25Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Empty Re: Disney to acquire Marvel Entertainment. Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:
I wonder they'll kill their recent contracts with other comics publishers (Boom! Studios just recently won some Disney franchises from Gemstone)
I was wondering the same thing. I imagine the Disney stuff Boom! has right now will continue without hindrance for now, but once the contract expires, I imagine it will all revert back to Marvel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum