Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS

+39
colossus1979
JonSpangler
Paroxysm
Denim
Joshua
Aussiemandias
Spaced4SimonPegg
G_Zatara
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Rath99
fullmetalgamer
CherriesJubilee
SexyToaster
Demonweasel
Tripper McGee
Que
elijahdprophet
dmahoney
Sandman
alucardbarnivous
MillionDollarGeek
(._Y_.)
DickGrayson007
Fresh03
comicgeekelly
Chi-Town Spidey
Batman25JM
Lord PaulVincent
ChrisToPhenom
TENIME_art
Topcat
Thundermatts
Janson
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Silent K
Justin
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 37]

451Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 250px-SeamusWidmoreTeam

Soooooooo not threatening... Rolling Eyes

Yeah why would Widmore first send a bunch of Mercs and then bring the nerd herd? I'd bring more mercs.

452Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Widmore's want to prevent MIB from leaving the island gives more credence to the theory that MiB isn't the villain.

453Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How so?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

454Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spazzy wrote:How so?

"My" theory...I meant, but didn't want to take ownership of it because others have expressed similar theories.

I'd say that Widmore has done more evil on the show than MIB/Smoke Monster has...so his current stance on keeping MIB on the island is either a. Lies, or b. Tells me that MIB ain't so bad after all.

455Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ohhhhhh I gotcha

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

456Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote: I normally like Jin and Sun though.
Yea, same. When the gun went off, I rolled my eyes, going, "Damnit, Sun is shot, right? Rolling Eyes" But it didn't wow me.

TENIME_art wrote:Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 250px-SeamusWidmoreTeam

Soooooooo not threatening... Rolling Eyes
tongue He could be wielding a nuclear weapon and I'd wince at him with a wily grin.

Spazzy wrote:
Silent K wrote:I'm still holding out hope that the flash sideways concept ties in with the finale of the show. The idea that it's just for shits and giggles gives me violent diarrhea.

agreed. it would really really PISS me off if it doesnt
Of course they will. Why would they make them. You guys would be terrible at reading a book. "I'm not liking this chapter, it isn't giving me the whole story. ...now I have to read another one. Awwww." Wink

Silent K wrote:Widmore's want to prevent MIB from leaving the island gives more credence to the theory that MiB isn't the villain.
Ooooh, now Knize sprekens ze English. Rolling Eyes

457Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:
Silent K wrote:Widmore's want to prevent MIB from leaving the island gives more credence to the theory that MiB isn't the villain.
Ooooh, now Knize sprekens ze English. Rolling Eyes

Is that what you were saying earlier? Well, you're welcome. Now people can understand it.

458Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ ...YOU JUST SAID WHAT I SAID! What is it with people today, just repeating what I said. Laughing

459Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Get the dick out of your mouth and use your Big Boy voice!

460Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Silent K wrote:
Spazzy wrote:How so?

"My" theory...I meant, but didn't want to take ownership of it because others have expressed similar theories.

I'd say that Widmore has done more evil on the show than MIB/Smoke Monster has...so his current stance on keeping MIB on the island is either a. Lies, or b. Tells me that MIB ain't so bad after all.

I actually looked at this the exact opposite way. What if Widmore's not as evil as we always thought, or more to the point, what if he has good reason for the evil he does. That seems to be a sort of recurring theme on this show... doing bad things for the right reasons.

461Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

But in my scenario, it makes Jacob the bad guy out of Jacob/MIB...and that's the way I want it.

462Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I realize that. I don't necessarily know that either of them is good OR bad though.

463Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's what I was considering. They're just "gods" being dicks, playing games. Like gods tend to do in various mythoses. Knize, if you'd have stop being stubborn and putting down those that are trying to chat about the show and it's details, you may have found that theory mentioned by me and many pages/episodes ago. (My attempt at a "Big Boy Voice" with logic and reason. Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 1928_middle_finger)

464Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Yeah, I'm kind of thinking the "bored gods" angle, personally.

465Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

To that end, I have suspect the flash-sideways are another "round" of the game.

466Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Mnemosis wrote:I realize that. I don't necessarily know that either of them is good OR bad though.

We don't know shit.

Also:

Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 1976

467Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:To that end, I have suspect the flash-sideways are another "round" of the game.
Didn't consider that. Don't know why. Guess because the island was below the water, but that doesn't mean anything yet. They could be free and causing a more widespread game(s)?

468Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Yeah, the rule this time out might be that MiB can't leave the island. It might not ALWAYS be that.

469Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I think the way they handle the flash-sideways will determine my final opinion of this season, and the series as a whole.

Besides Jack's unexplainable scar, have their been any other clues that lead us to believe this flash sideways reality is not what it seems?

Literally everything in each flash sideways. Pay attention.

Each one has featured an odd moment at a mirror, Sun not being able to speak English anymore has something to do with it, the fact that all these people are cossing paths anyways, etc etc etc.

470Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:But in my scenario, it makes Jacob the bad guy out of Jacob/MIB...and that's the way I want it.

So your big problem this season is you know it's ending and if they don't end it your way, you're talking your ball and going home. Gotcha.

471Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:
Silent K wrote:I think the way they handle the flash-sideways will determine my final opinion of this season, and the series as a whole.

Besides Jack's unexplainable scar, have their been any other clues that lead us to believe this flash sideways reality is not what it seems?

Literally everything in each flash sideways. Pay attention.

Each one has featured an odd moment at a mirror, Sun not being able to speak English anymore has something to do with it, the fact that all these people are cossing paths anyways, etc etc etc.

Really? Everything? Everything. shake my head

The mirror thing I hadn't noticed. However, Sun not being able to speak English? Why not cite the fact that Jin and Sun aren't married? How about that Ben Linus is a school teacher? Oh yeah...Sawyer's a cop!

The characters always crossed paths. This is nothing new. It's part of the show.

Jack's scar has been the only thing that jumped out at me as any of the characters seeing the "seams" of this reality. However, if what you say about mirrors is true, I would definitely include that.

472Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:
Silent K wrote:But in my scenario, it makes Jacob the bad guy out of Jacob/MIB...and that's the way I want it.

So your big problem this season is you know it's ending and if they don't end it your way, you're talking your ball and going home. Gotcha.

I think my problems with this season have been expressed clearly. If you want to simplify it, go ahead. Have I asked you to stop watching the show, Matt? Am I infringing on your ability to enjoy the show, however impossible that might be?

Seems to me you're just blindly accepting a clearly sub-par season thus far, and because I'm a lone voice of dissonance, I'm wrong in my opinions.

473Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:13 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Y'know, just because the island is underwater doesn't mean it's destroyed. It looked pretty intact down there. Who's to say that Jacob and MiB don't realize that they are just fucking up peoples lives to prove a point and decide to take the whole thing "downstairs?"

http://www.demonweasel.com

474Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:49 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It was intact. I wonder what that means.

Silent K wrote:Seems to me you're just blindly accepting a clearly sub-par season thus far, and because I'm a lone voice of dissonance, I'm wrong in my opinions.
We're not saying you're wrong, but it seems like you're trying not to enjoy it, picking at every little thing without giving it time. And, with it being the show Lost, giving things time has kind of been the norm of the story-development for the storyline.

Seems like we're tag-teaming you, but it is just that we're enjoying it, and trying to understand your dislike. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it is also fine for us to defend it. It isn't awful. It's not like it jumped the shark (can it jump the shark now? tongue) or declined its past strengths, like thorough character development laced in its storytelling. IMO, anyway.

475Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS - Page 19 Empty Re: Official LOST Thread - SPOILERS Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:51 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'm really not trying to not enjoy it. I'm TRYING to enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum