Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hall of Fame

+5
BlueMaxx
Airwolf
Esbat
Administrator
riv1
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hall of Fame Empty The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:43 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anything and everything you want to nominate:

Avengers/JLA: The cross over of all cross overs. Whether you liked it or not, it was a momentous occasion! And really, if you didn't like it, you just need to relax and enjoy a comic book like you did as a kid, before we started debating stuff on the net.

Pope John Paul II: The coolest most well known Pope ever. Can you even name the current one without looking him up? Didn't think so.

The Simpsons: Damn show has been on like, 20 years and i can still laugh at it. Homer never gets old.

2The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

riv1 wrote:Anything and everything you want to nominate:

Avengers/JLA: The cross over of all cross overs. Whether you liked it or not, it was a momentous occasion! And really, if you didn't like it, you just need to relax and enjoy a comic book like you did as a kid, before we started debating stuff on the net.

Pope John Paul II: The coolest most well known Pope ever. Can you even name the current one without looking him up? Didn't think so.

The Simpsons: Damn show has been on like, 20 years and i can still laugh at it. Homer never gets old.
JLA/Avengers must be the most expected x-over in history, the most talked about x-over in history and the x-over not enough people read as opposed to its hype. I wanted to read it since the day it was announced (I mean, the real final announcement) but never did.

Benedict Arnold XXIII?

I've said it years ago: The Simpsons lost its charm many years ago but deserves a respect just for being the first mature TV cartoon, and brought us shows like South Park, Futurama etc.

---

Jack Kirby: Either you think he's overrated or really believe he was The King of modern comics, all of us modern comic fans owe him everything.

Stan Lee: Sometimes even I can't look at his fake smile, but he was such in important part in forming the comics world with partners like Kirby and John Romita - I can almost forgive him for pushing most of them away. Besides, you must admire this energetic and enthusiast 80-plus years old man.

Nextwave: Modern cult classic, the best comic book people didn't read of this decade. I'd give 99% of the X-books, every comic book Brian Bendis wrote since leaving Daredevil and every Marvel event since 1987 - just to make Nextwave an ongoing again.

Jimmy Olsen: The lamest supporting character of all time, his Silver Age escapades portrayed him as such an awesome-yet-dumb adventurer and glory seeker - it's a wonder Superman didn't smash his Super-watch and dumped him on Mars. However, such an eternal doofus must have the biggest luck in the universe, so he must be respected. The battle is lost anyway.

Quantum Leap: Classic mixture of science fiction, history and real life drama, all led by the amazing duo of Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. Their friendship crossed timelines and they didn't let a stupid experiment gone wrong to separate them.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Nextwave: Modern cult classic, the best comic book people didn't read of this decade. I'd give 99% of the X-books, every comic book Brian Bendis wrote since leaving Daredevil and every Marvel event since 1987 - just to make Nextwave an ongoing again.

I humbly nominate Tomer for Pope of Space!

http://realityfugitives.com/

4The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM - best on going mecha anime series and universe - ever

5The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Quantum Leap....the Halloween episode alone lets it into the Hall. good choice, Tomer!

6The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:58 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like these so far. Except for the Pope thing...no offense.

Ummmmmm....

Resident Evil/Biohazard as being the best zombie-based video game series ever.

Kanye West beating out John Edwards for Biggest Douche of the Universe Award.

Blair Butler should win coolest fangirl.

Rosario Dawson wins for sexiest nerd.

District 9 for bringing back originality (and respect) to science-fiction.

7The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Airwolf wrote:MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM - best on going mecha anime series and universe - ever
Maybe we should a rule? "A nominee recognized by at least 3 people"?

BlueMaxx wrote:I like these so far. Except for the Pope thing...no offense.
I don't know. He was an important world figure not just in the eyes of Christians. Also, he made proof-glass boxes cool.

8The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:22 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The PopeMobile!

9The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:The PopeMobile!

Or, as I've always called it, the Pope-A-Matic Bubble.

10The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Did he have a phone in it? Speed-dial to both God and Satan?

11The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

BTW, my all-time favorite Pope was Pope Jacko.

12The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to go with Battle Pope.

The Hall of Fame 3225-1

13The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Airwolf wrote:MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM - best on going mecha anime series and universe - ever

It's probably the best over-all franchise... I wouldn't call it a series or universe - After all, there's been what, at least a half dozen different universes in the Gundam Franchise? As for the on-going thing... Once again, it's a franchise,not one series.

But I support the nomination of the Gundam Franchise as the best overall mecha franchise.

However, if we're talking about the single greatest mecha series ever, well, someone would like a word with you...

Spoiler:

14The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:41 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Best Late Night Show's Host: Conan O'Brien!
The Hall of Fame Sbot

15The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:24 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

"I AM A STABBING ROBOT!"

16The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:45 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Best Late Night Show's Host: Conan O'Brien!
The Hall of Fame Sbot
No one's better than Johnny, but, Cona IS the new Man....!

17The Hall of Fame Empty Re: The Hall of Fame Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:16 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The popcast should go in just for being continually entertaining

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum