Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Bang Theory

+37
Spaced4SimonPegg
deadbolt85
Administrator
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Gojiratoho
Sapphire Gypsy
Heytherejeffro
Debaser77
Silent K
NorrinRadd
Astro13Zombie
pumkinheadfan
jaydee74
shark6495
THALASTDRAGON
kidspider2099
Captain Painway
superdoug
Metal Misfit
Winter Decay
pink*lantern
riv1
Tom
AlienIncognito
Combo Mo
comicgeekelly
ChrisToPhenom
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
FroZen
MillionDollarGeek
potatojoe
The_Donster
Thundermatts
Joshua
Batman25JM
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 18]

176The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:08 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

"Everyone body ready to see the dark side of the moon?"

Laughing

Funny stuff tonight

177The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

another great episode last night. Raj, Leonard and Penny trying to help Sheldon was really funny (Did Howard help?) and the presentation was funny too. Poor Leonard, his mom belittling him at his own award was pretty sad.

178The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:28 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

No, I don't believe that Howard did help.

179The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:33 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:No, I don't believe that Howard did help.

To quote Howard from last night: "My power...is to...act like I give a damn about you and your piddly-ass problems."

No, he didn't help. But Sheldon appreciated the pretense.

I thought I was going to wet myself last night watching it. Especially when Sheldon went into 'Sheldonopolis.'

180The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Tom wrote:No, I don't believe that Howard did help.

To quote Howard from last night: "My power...is to...act like I give a damn about you and your piddly-ass problems."

No, he didn't help. But Sheldon appreciated the pretense.

I thought I was going to wet myself last night watching it. Especially when Sheldon went into 'Sheldonopolis.'

Thanks I couldn't remember the quote.

"Oh the simulated horror!"

181The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:24 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like that he only gets a 15% discount a Shel-Mart

182The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My wife and I laughed our asses of last night! That episode was great.

183The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I know this week was a re-run, but seeing Rajesh's eyes bug out @ the end of the episode was freakin hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DHR6zj6lE

184The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

My Blaargh has been bumped back a few weeks, so I'll take that time to become more learned about the show.

185The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:My Blaargh has been bumped back a few weeks, so I'll take that time to become more learned about the show.

Good. Very Happy

186The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:21 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Glad to hear it SK. You've got to give the show more than 2 episodes, that's just my opinion though. I wasn't a fan at first, but they actually brought the show into it's own. My only problem with it lately is that it's pulling away from the group dynamics and focusing too much on Sheldon. While he's a very entertaining character, I'd still like to know what happened to Leonard's last girlfriend and what is going on with Raj and Howard. Entertainment Weekly did a write up this past week and both my wife and I wondered if the person actually watched the show. So to hear that you are going to some more investigating will give your Blaargh more weight when you complain about one of my favorite shows Smile

187The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:07 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

God...I fucking hate Sheldon.

188The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Oh, the irony, that's the point of the character Rolling Eyes

189The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:16 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You said he was entertaining, though. I do not agree.

190The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sheldon by himself can be a bit annoying. I personally think that the show shines spectacularly in its Sheldon/Penny moments. The actors and characters have a great chemistry together.

The nerds together can be very funny as well, although it's not as consistent as the Sheldon/Penny interchanges.

191The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:My Blaargh has been bumped back a few weeks, so I'll take that time to become more learned about the show.

Silent K wrote:God...I fucking hate Sheldon.

I honestly thought your Blaargh was going to be an April Fool's joke... neutral

Now I'm disappointed in you... shake my head

192The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We can't all have an appreciation for mediocrity. tongue

193The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

You've watched 2 episodes and it's a fucking sitcom SK. Like Combo, I'm a little disappointed and expected more from you for some reason unsure Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood, but I'm always amazed at what the board does and doesn't take seriously dry As the Joker said, "If you have to explain the joke, the jokes not funny".

194The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The_Donster wrote:As the Joker said, "If you have to explain the joke, the jokes not funny".

QFT

Sitcoms are a dated format.

195The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would argue that in the case The Big Bang Theory, it's not funny with or without an explanation.

196The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sheldon reminds me of the engineers I used to have to deal with. Very Happy He annoys me but I laugh at him when no ones looking.

"Problem Will Wheaton?"

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

197The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Glad to hear it SK. You've got to give the show more than 2 episodes, that's just my opinion though. I wasn't a fan at first, but they actually brought the show into it's own. My only problem with it lately is that it's pulling away from the group dynamics and focusing too much on Sheldon. While he's a very entertaining character, I'd still like to know what happened to Leonard's last girlfriend and what is going on with Raj and Howard. Entertainment Weekly did a write up this past week and both my wife and I wondered if the person actually watched the show. So to hear that you are going to some more investigating will give your Blaargh more weight when you complain about one of my favorite shows Smile
I really wanna know what happened to her too, it was pointless how she just dissapeared. Has any of the cast members explained this? Anyway for Sheldon, I think they're trying to humanize him this season like Spock in Star Trek, hopefully he doesn't hog the spotlight. I think the show works better as an ensemble comedy then solo comedy imo.

Silent K wrote:
The_Donster wrote:As the Joker said, "If you have to explain the joke, the jokes not funny".

QFT

Sitcoms are a dated format.
How so?

198The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The sitcom format just seems stale disingenuous since the inception of shows like Arrested Development, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Modern Family, etc.

199The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Silent K wrote:The sitcom format just seems stale disingenuous since the inception of shows like Arrested Development, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Modern Family, etc.

Meh... then we'll have people commenting that Big Bang theory is just following that format.

200The Big Bang Theory - Page 8 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

On the contrary...I think the sitcom format fits Big Bang Theory perfectly. Because it is awful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum