Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big Bang Theory

+37
Spaced4SimonPegg
deadbolt85
Administrator
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Gojiratoho
Sapphire Gypsy
Heytherejeffro
Debaser77
Silent K
NorrinRadd
Astro13Zombie
pumkinheadfan
jaydee74
shark6495
THALASTDRAGON
kidspider2099
Captain Painway
superdoug
Metal Misfit
Winter Decay
pink*lantern
riv1
Tom
AlienIncognito
Combo Mo
comicgeekelly
ChrisToPhenom
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
FroZen
MillionDollarGeek
potatojoe
The_Donster
Thundermatts
Joshua
Batman25JM
41 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

201The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Sitcoms are a dated format.

I completely disagree. I LOVE sitcoms and am quite sad that there are so few on the air today.

Silent K wrote:The sitcom format just seems stale disingenuous since the inception of shows like Arrested Development, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Modern Family, etc.

While I love all those shows, I still love traditional sitcoms.

202The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Obviously a LOT of people still love them...

...I don't.

203The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:22 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I find the sitcoms without the canned laughter are quite refreashing but I do enjoy the laugh track sitcoms sometimes. It's just that it's easier to tell if a LTSC is funny or not. I think the Will Wheaton return ep is for this monday.

204The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:25 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I find the sitcoms without the canned laughter are quite refreashing but I do enjoy the laugh track sitcoms sometimes. It's just that it's easier to tell if a LTSC is funny or not. I think the Will Wheaton return ep is for this monday.

sweet he needs to added to the cast that would all sorts of awesome.

205The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:It's just that it's easier to tell if a LTSC is funny or not.
scratch

You can't tell if a joke is funny without the laugh track?

206The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:It's just that it's easier to tell if a LTSC is funny or not.
scratch

You can't tell if a joke is funny without the laugh track?
No, it's easier to tell if a LT sit com isn't funny if the LT is playing all the time. Example; Hannah Montanna. Nuff said.

207The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

208The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:53 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Is that a more recent episode? I don't remember that one, but I laughed :P

209The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:55 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

MISERABLE.

210The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:56 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:MISERABLE.

are you maybe dead inside or maybe you had your sense of humor removed.

211The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:59 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:

It's still funny, but it's just not the same without the laugh track. As stupid as it is, I love the laugh track.

212The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:17 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:

I AM in fact dead inside.

2 episodes of Big Bang Theory killed my soul.

213The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:20 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

I AM in fact dead inside.

2 episodes of Big Bang Theory killed my soul.

is there any sitcom you like?

214The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:53 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

SK I'd recommend against the BLARGH!! on BBT because of lack of credibility. How can you form an opinion on anything, let alone a series, on 2 episodes alone? Unless you are just raging against the masses to save face at this point?

215The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:04 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The_Donster wrote:SK I'd recommend against the BLARGH!! on BBT because of lack of credibility. How can you form an opinion on anything, let alone a series, on 2 episodes alone? Unless you are just raging against the masses to save face at this point?

"Lack of credibility."? Since when is the internet concerned with that?

I can, have, and will form an opinion whenever I like. When you hate something, do you like to punish yourself with it? I don't. In two episodes, I can tell you unequivocally that I do not find Big Bang Theory funny or entertaining, and I feel strongly that it's offensive to the geek community as a whole. However, in the interest of journalism, I've been given a handful of recommendations in regards to the cream of the crop of BBT episodes, and I will watch them in order to express a more learned opinion for the article.

Raging against the masses? No. That was my LOST BLAARGH!

As for "saving face", I have plenty to go around.

216The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:10 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:
is there any sitcom you like?

Currently, I do not watch ANY show that utilizes the standard 3-Camera Sitcom Format.

Seinfeld and Friends were the last sitcoms I was a fan of.

However, I currently watch a number of 30-minute comedies, including The Office, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Community, Modern Family, and your animated fare such as The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The Cleveland Show.

217The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This whole "You can't judge a show on two episodes" rhetoric is tired bullshit. Major publications, when critiquing television programs, only watch maybe two or three episodes, does that mean they lack credibility? No. Especially when we're talking about a sitcom. The nature of a sitcom is to be able to grab a viewer with just one random episode because most sane and rational people won't continue to subject themselves to a show they don't enjoy. If a "one and done" episodic show can't grab a random viewer with one episode, then it's a failure. This argument that someone needs to see an entire episode of Big Bang Theory to pass judgment is ludicrous, especially since every episode is essentially the same as the one before it. All of you that are advocating watching entire seasons worth, have you ever turned off a movie because you didn't like it? Does that now invalidate your opinion on that movie because you didn't watch it to the end? This logic basically means no one can judge a television show without watching every single episode from every single season. That makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm sorry your taste in television is so threatened by one guy who happens to not like a mediocre show you do like, but you really need to get over it. It's not the big deal you're making it out to be. I know you think Sheldon is the end-all, be-all geek you strive to become, but quit acting like him become someone doesn't agree with your opinion.

218The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:

It's still funny, but it's just not the same without the laugh track. As stupid as it is, I love the laugh track.
Thats pretty crappy without the LT. Same with the Two and a Half Men vid thats was on the link thing after the vid played.

219The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:11 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with Josh (aside from his parallel with film, to have a valid opinion that you use in a review or argument, you need to watch a film in it's entirety) To know if you like a tv show, 2-3 episodes is all you should need (unless it's a particularly story heavy show that runs with one arc an entire season, then you should give it a few more episodes). I really didn't like Community after watching the first episode, but since it was on Thursdays and I was going to watch the other three shows on that night, I gave it another chance. By the third episode, I loved it, but had I still not liked it by then, I wasn't going to.

If you don't like a sitcom after 2 or 3 episodes, you just aren't going to like it and that's more than enough to write a review on it.

That being said, I do enjoy BBT. It's not particularly smart, but it's fun.

220The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:(aside from his parallel with film, to have a valid opinion that you use in a review or argument, you need to watch a film in it's entirety)
For a professional publication, yes, but I was pointing that question towards the people here who think one must watch a full season of BBT to truly appreciate it. If a casual moviegoer says, "I hated that movie so much I couldn't finish it," is their opinion any less valid?

221The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Gojiratoho wrote:(aside from his parallel with film, to have a valid opinion that you use in a review or argument, you need to watch a film in it's entirety)
For a professional publication, yes, but I was pointing that question towards the people here who think one must watch a full season of BBT to truly appreciate it. If a casual moviegoer says, "I hated that movie so much I couldn't finish it," is their opinion any less valid?

Not at all (as I've bolded), I was indeed leaning towards needing to watch a movie to the end to have any merit as a reviewer, or to enter an argument or debate on said film. If I don't finish watching a movie because I didn't like it, I'll say that in discussion "I hated it, but I didn't watch the whole thing" and won't try to impress onto others that it was bad.

As for personal opinion, you can feel a movie is shitty after 15 minutes (or the mere mention of Uwe Boll having any connection to it)

222The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I even hate a few movies I've never seen. tongue

223The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched a few episodes of BBT when it started and I hated it.

I watched a few more...and now it's one of my favorite shows.

Just saying...

But I sort of agree with you. You don't need to eat the whole apple to figure out it's rotten.

224The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:08 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'm sorry your taste in television is so threatened by one guy who happens to not like a mediocre show you do like, but you really need to get over it. It's not the big deal you're making it out to be. I know you think Sheldon is the end-all, be-all geek you strive to become, but quit acting like him become someone doesn't agree with your opinion.

First of all, you need to get over yourself and stop putting words in people's mouths/minds. Wink No one here (that I can tell) is lifting Sheldon to Geek-Icon status. We just find him and the premise of the show very funny. Secondly, I could give a tin shit about what you and Knize think about anything I enjoy, because it's precisely that: something that I enjoy. I just think that it's unfair to watch not even a full two episodes of something and say unequivocally that it's complete garbage. Even reviewers are provided with four to six episodes of a TV season in order to write about it.

225The Big Bang Theory - Page 9 Empty Re: The Big Bang Theory Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
No one here (that I can tell) is lifting Sheldon to Geek-Icon status.

<------ whistle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum