Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's a Small World after all...

+5
Debaser77
Splitty
BlueMaxx
Administrator
TENIME_art
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's a Small World after all... Empty It's a Small World after all... Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:07 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now that that song is stuck in your head...

Post weird coincidences that have happened to you, that prove how small the world really is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just off the top of my head...I met my friend JP at Wizard World '07, and during the weekend, while hanging out with him, I met his friend, Chris.

While waiting in line to meet Mark Millar, the three of us were talking, and at some point the conversation turned to Transformers, and Chris goes: "Wait. Are you TENIME_art from [such and such a TF message board]?" I was like "...yeah..." So he goes "I'm [so and so] from those boards!"

Turns out I was already online aquaintances with him, but never knew his real name or what he looked like (and vice versa)!

Laughing

Now, the instance that gave me the idea for this thread just happened (at that same board, incidentally).

In the IL Sightings Thread (where area collectors give heads up where the new and/or hard-to-find toys are found), someone posted this:

in other news. my friend spotted a KO large size alternity bumblebee.
It's a Small World after all... 3968656451_594d31ecd3
It's a Small World after all... 3969429170_e2f66946d1

I took one look at the picture, and realized it was my friend, Nashantá in her custom car!!

It's a Small World after all... DSC03864
It's a Small World after all... DSC04202

Laughing

Anyone else?

2It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Many years ago when my little brother was in middle school, the school consultant was in a constant with my dad due to my brother's emotional problems post my mom's passing and was basically a great help to our family. One time we went to visit a second cousin of my mom who lived in a farm not far from our hometown, yet we didn't visit him and his family for couple of years at that point. During that visit I've noticed a picture on the wall of their son with his wife, to whom he married during that time we were not in touch. I told my father that she looks familiar and it happened to be my brother's consultant. He told it to the cousin's wife and she was surprised. Shortly after the bride/consultant came to visit and ended kinda awkwardly, because with the past connection now she was also part of our distant family.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A few friends in high school knew this guy named Moe, and always talked about the great adventures they had with him. He was from, like, half a state away in some other town. Anyways, when I started college, I met some people who I quickly became friends with, and through them, and a night out with a couple of their friends back home. I realized that one of their best friends Moe was the same guy known and talked about by my best friends in high school after an awesome New Year's party with the guy. His legend preceded him, but he was still awesome. Heh.

4It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Last week at an Estate sale, the blonde girl behind the desk taking money kept looking at me really funny, kinda a mixture of trepidation and balefulness. I thought it was my imagination.
Then when I went up there to pay, she had apparently shoved a guy there to take her place.

When I went out to the car I realized it was a meth-head skank ho from the sleazy hotels I used to work at, whom I would chase off the lot with a flashlight in the middle of the night threatening to call the police when she tried running drug deals or other illegal activities out of the hotels. I distinctly remember yelling at her a few times.

On the plus side, looks like she's cleaned up. Very Happy

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

5It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I just found out today that a former student of mine is now my neighbor.

6It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Debaser77 wrote:I just found out today that a former student of mine is now my neighbor.

WEIRD!

Invite him/her over to smoke a j! Laughing

7It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Hey, another former student of mine listened to the last Popcast and was quite taken aback. Laughing

8It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:21 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Debaser77 wrote:Hey, another former student of mine listened to the last Popcast and was quite taken aback. Laughing

Rad! Fuck Marry Kill?

9It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I just found out today that a former student of mine is now my neighbor.
I don't know her, but I recognize her, but this girl I knew when she was a senior and I was a freshman is now my brothers neighbor. Chances of that? Slim.

Silent K wrote:
Debaser77 wrote:Hey, another former student of mine listened to the last Popcast and was quite taken aback. Laughing

Rad! Fuck Marry Kill?
That's our Knize! *Canned Laughs*

10It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Silent K wrote:

Rad! Fuck Marry Kill?

Indeed. He posted something on my Facebook along the lines of "I feel sorry for your toaster." Laughing

11It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:21 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

He got you into the Crystal Meth cooking business?

12It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:44 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I have neighbors (a couple with a newborn baby) who have been living door to door with me for a little over a year. I never talked to them because they always have guests and gatherings just outside of my place almost every night and up to a late hour, and that annoys me. Other than that, they've been associated with this bully jerk punk who lived next their apartment for about a year until his contract was up, but he caused troubles to the landlord and the rest of the neighbors and practically made the surrounding a bad place to live in. Anyway, about two months ago they had guests in their yard and I was in the kitchen so I just looked outside out of curiosity. Their guest was someone whom I've known since first grade and through all of my school years. I think we were even in the same English class once, but I never was involved with him other than changing a few sentences. I don't remember seeing him ever since graduating and looks like he was there with his wife and kid.

Can't call these "small world" worthy because I live in a rather small city (in the terms of Israel it's pretty big - almost 100k citizens - but not one of the biggest cities in the country), but over the years I've been working with at least 2 people who I went to school with (BTW, the mother of one of them used to be my brother's coordinator in another high-school). There was a girl I went to elementary school with who used to work in the supermarket I'm doing my shoppings in, and another one whom I've known since age 6 (and we were even good friends during the early years of elementary school) once serviced me and my brother in the local Burger King joint. It was kinda awkward, mostly for her.

Speaking of school, a girl I only knew superficially who've been one class under me from elementary school to graduation was a dentist assistant during her army service years. She served in the Sea Corps too, but in another base than mine (well, my old base - the Navy Seals - which my father used to work in for years as a civilian employed the army and my uncle has been there for over 40 years now). During my last year of service my base commander encouraged me to go through dental care and my division officer arranged that I'll have my treatments in the other base since their clinic was good and I've been to that base almost daily. So that girl was the one treating me and she was cute, but kind of a snob so I never made a move. One of her classmates even worked with me years later in security.

It's not really related to me, but about 90% of my younger co-workers (they're all 22-24) know each other from high-school. They learned in the same school I did, but I graduated couple of years before them.

I've mentioned my family's connection to the Seas Corps already, so it's not surprising that one of my co-workers knows my uncle since he was a quartermaster in the same base. Another co-worker served as a quartermaster in another Sea Corps base I also used to visit daily (however, years before he was recruited) as part of my service as a driver, so I knew his commanding officers.

13It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:50 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

My friend Matty left our workplace in August after he found a new job. He works in a small office with to girls and one manager, and says that it turned out that one of his new co-workers knows him from university and the other worked with his older sister couple of years ago.

14It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:51 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't know if this qualifies, but I shared it with Chris last night and had him laughing and he said it does.

So yesterday a co-worker got a parking ticket, and since he was "so busy" he slapped it on my car with a post it note saying "take care of this.". I went to my boss and he asked the same. I responded, "How do I have time to do your, no disrespect, piddly little shit when I'm doining his piddly little shit." He agreed, called the co worker, but since it needed to be taken care of he asked me, this time, polietly to take care of it. Rolling Eyes

So, the parking ticket was 150 dollars and an extra 15 dollars for a sticker to slap on this truck so it doesn't happen again. Once I got the sticker it was time to go to the police station to pay this stupid-ass ticket, which I shouldn't be doing, anyways, here's the conversation.

Me: "Hi there, here to pay this ticket, but got a little story for you."
Teller: "Oh good, it's story time. I've heard them all before, but go ahead, humor me."

The Teller was an older blonde woman and I could tell she was a smartass, or just having a bad day.

Me: " Ha, look I work for a dumbass..."
Teller: "How about that! Me too!"
Police Officer from his office across the hall: "I heard that!"

Me: "This parking ticket shows that it's a jeep that was parked in OUR space over night with the rest of the trucks. Yes it doesn't have any decals on it, because it's used for collo accesses and for taking customers out to lunch and/or dinner. It's a compnay vehicle, I assure you."

Teller: "Really, I'd wave it if my boss took me out to lunch for a change!"
Police Offier: "Heard that one too!!"
Teller: "I'm sorry, but you still have to pay the ticket."
Me: "It's not going to happen again, because I got the sticker." *shows the sticker I just bought."
Teller: "Again, sorry, but you have to pay it."

The Police Officer walked out of his office, because I guess he found this conversation amusing. Rolling Eyes So I wasn't going to win this fight, I got the cash out (I assure you, I will be payed back at work) and mumbled "Okay Spider-Man, web your way out of this one."

Police Officer: "Excuse me?"
Me: "Wha?"
PO: "What you say?"
Me: "Oh nothing officer, just mumbling."
PO: "Seriously, what did you say."
Me: "I just said Okay Spider-Man web yourself out of this one."
PO: "You are a Spider-Man fan?!"
Me: "Yeah, kinda in a way. I dress up like him at hospitals, conventions..."
PO: "Wait right here...." *goes into his office and walks out with a picture in his hand.* "This you?"

Holy shit it was. He took a picture of me in costume at CCC2009 with his daughter. Said it really made her day.

Me: "Yeah that's me."
PO: "Really? Prove it."
Me: "I have the costume in my trunk!"

I race outside to get the mask just to show him....long story cut short. He ripped up the ticket.

Go back to the office and get my 15 bucks back and he asked about the 150 dollar ticket and I told my boss I got it waved, amazed he asked how. My responce. "The Police Depatment share my passion for justice. I may work for you boss, but no disrespect...you work in my town." He just looked at me dumbfucked, paid me the money, said I did a great job.

I think I scared him...........mmmmhhaaaaaa ha ha haha ha haha!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

15It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:16 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And then Peter cock blocked somebody

shake my head

lol!

16It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comic book artist francis manapul lives in the same building as my best friend dave who works with this guy john - whos is best friends with jesse who i met randomly at a book store who is best friends with comic artist adrian alphona - who is related to my mom's friend ....

17It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Oh Spidey... spider-man

18It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:And then Peter cock blocked somebody

shake my head

lol!

No...that was BEFORE!

19It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:23 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Oh Spidey... spider-man

S'Funny, my wife says the SAME THING to me every night, but more passionately. Wink Laughing

20It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:59 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lmao

21It's a Small World after all... Empty Re: It's a Small World after all... Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

That's definitely counts as a fitting story for this thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum