Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

World War Z

+2
Debaser77
Paroxysm
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World War Z Empty World War Z Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

This is one fight that Brad Pitt can't use his looks to win.

The buff 46-year-old star has officially signed on to fight the undead in his next film, "World War Z," MTV reports.

Author Max Brooks (son of filmmaker Mel) revealed that Angie's man will star in the big screen adaptation of his 2006 novel about the survivors of a ten-year zombie war at San Diego's Comic-Con on Thursday.

According to MTV, Pitt was a long-rumored contender to headline the film, but Brooks didn't get the official notice of the actor's involvement until Wednesday night at the signing booth for comic publisher Avatar Press.

The film has been in development since 2007, but Pitt's signing (the actor's Plan B company is also producing the film) is the biggest step thus far in bringing Brooks' smash page-turner to the screen.

"I'm glad they took their time, and are trying to make the best zombie movie they can," said Brooks. "I'm so glad they stayed with the project and so glad they found the right team."

Marc Forster ("Quantum of Solace") is attached to direct the adaptation.

Paramount has also optioned two other zombie novels from Brooks, "The Zombie Survival Guide" and the graphic novel "The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks."

"I can't believe how cool Paramount has been to me and these projects, and how cool Plan B has been," Brooks told MTV of the news.

"The Zombie Survival Guide" recently surpassed a million copies, off of what EW reported was an 18,000 copy initial run. The novel has inspired a cult following that includes zombie survival lectures from Brooks to college students. And now, a feature film is on the way.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2010/07/22/2010-07-22_brad_pitt_to_star_in_world_war_z_the_big_screen_adaptation_of_max_brooks_novel.html

I'm just glad this is moving along. I can't wait!!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

2World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Sounds promising!

3World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:22 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Excellent, i loved that book.

4World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I had no idea Max Brooks was Mel Brooks' son. Could we expect a cameo in the movie, perhaps?

5World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That'd be awesome. Even if it is a "Where's Waldo?" sitch with an extra/zombie in a brief scene.

6World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:26 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am not digging the casting of Brad Pitt.

7World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:11 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ How come? He's the one to lift this baby off the ground, yea?

8World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i like brad pitt, but hey its just me. I dont think hes a horrible actor.... I am all for WWZ becoming a movie but how do you make Zombie Survival Guide a movie? Would it be similar to Zombieland?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

9World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Brad Pitt but I think he would overshadow this movie. It wouldn't be a zombie movie it would be Brad Pitt in a zombie movie. I am open to the idea of him surprising me when this comes out.

10World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 am

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Who cares, it's WWZ!!! The Battle of Yonkers..............on the BIG SCREEN!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

11World War Z Empty Re: World War Z Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:59 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, i'm not sure how they'll capture the scope of the book, but, i'm willing to watch and see how they handle it....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum