Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halloween Themed Movies

+7
potatojoe
Debaser77
FroZen
Joshua
Metal Misfit
BlueMaxx
blue halo
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halloween Themed Movies Empty Halloween Themed Movies Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:18 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

With Halloween coming up soon, what Halloween flicks are you kids watching? My wife and I watched Trick r Treat last night and enjoyed it a lot. Apparently there's a graphic novel that corresponds with the flick. Pretty cool movie; sort of a horror, but not really all that scary at all. I recommend it highly!

2Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:01 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Still haven't seen that. Want to.

I was thinking about watching Bubba Ho-Tep tonight or sometime this week. On my dvd player. Good Bruce Campbell flick.

Really want to see Zombieland. ...badly.

3Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:34 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Oooh! Ya, I haven't seen Bubba in a while, myself. Might just have to one of these days!

Can't wait to see Zombieland. Had to do with the kid in tow, though.

4Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Tons of stuff. I'll be keeping an eye on SyFy, AMC and TCM. Of course, I've gotta pull out my DVDs of the Universal Monster movies.

On top of all that, I've got my Netflix list set up for for some movies I've never seen before. I just watched He Knows You're Alone the other day (pretty good early 80s slasher) the other day and I'm looking forward to movies like The Strangers, Drag Me to Hell, Trick 'r Treat, The Prowler, Deadgirl, Black Roses, Edges of Darkness, Silent Night Deadly Night, The Descent...

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

5Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:08 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Descent is great. Really want to see Drag Me to Hell, even with really mixed reviews, and Deadgirl.

6Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:58 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Trick 'r Treat looks really good, but unfortunately I can't watch it because it looks far too scary for my delicate sensibilities.

My personal favorite Halloween-themed and/or "scary" movies:
Hocus Pocus
The Nightmare Before Christmas
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!
Ghostbusters
The Sixth Sense
The Wolf Man
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Teen Wolf
Shaun of the Dead
The Monster Squad

7Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:33 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's what I watched this weekend (all on SyFy ):

The Broken (it was o.k.)
Perkins 14 (pretty cool)
Slaughter (terrific!!)
From within (it was o.k.)
Wrong Turn 2 (cheesy)
Death Tunnel (stupid)
Dying Breed (pretty cool)
Autopsy (o.k.)

8Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm going to watch The Descent and write a review for the site. I'll probably rock some Shaun of the Dead before the end of the month, too.

9Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:34 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I need to watch:

Halloween (the original)
Trick R Treat (I need to get this!)
Zombieland (going on Friday)
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

10Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:11 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:I need to watch:

Halloween (the original)
Trick R Treat (I need to get this!)
Zombieland (going on Friday)
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

Great choices...

I believe Great Pumpkin always plays on Halloween week. Just like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

11Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'm going to watch The Descent and write a review for the site. I'll probably rock some Shaun of the Dead before the end of the month, too.
You better do it justice! you're gonna get it

12Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:37 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I was thinking of watching every zombie movie ever made.

From the black and white to well... Deadgirl or Night of the Living Geeks.

13Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:04 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No real definitive viewing plan except for a few

Have seen:
Rumplestiltskin

Will definitely see:
Trick R Treat
Basketcase 3: The Progeny
Puppet Master VS Demonic Toys
Little Monsters

Possibly see:
The Witches
Dolly Dearest
Return of the Living Dead
The Dead Hate the Living

Not sure what's on demand and I'll DVR a crap-ton of Freddy's Nightmares, Tales From the Darkside, Twilight Zones, Goosebumps, etc, etc

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

14Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:You know, I was thinking of watching every zombie movie ever made.

From the black and white to well... Deadgirl or Night of the Living Geeks.

Stay away from Zombies gone Wild. It's horrible.

Night of the living geeks is pretty funny though.

15Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:42 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Oooo! Little Monsters!

16Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

krpykrwly wrote: I'll DVR a crap-ton of Freddy's Nightmares, Tales From the Darkside, Twilight Zones, Goosebumps, etc, etc

Who's showing Freddy's Nightmares? Syfy?

17Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

potatojoe wrote:
Night of the living geeks is pretty funny though.

Yeah, I was surprised by how good that movie was.

18Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:06 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
krpykrwly wrote: I'll DVR a crap-ton of Freddy's Nightmares, Tales From the Darkside, Twilight Zones, Goosebumps, etc, etc

Who's showing Freddy's Nightmares? Syfy?

Chiller has Freddy's Nightmares

19Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I don't think I get that channel. Sad

20Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ohh I think the horror channel in the uk is doing a night of freddies nightmares for october 31st this year I might watch that

21Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Never heard of Chiller, but FEARnet has a horror mini-series called Fear Clinic starring Robert Englund, Kane Hodder and Danielle Harris.

22Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Trick 'R Treat rocked my socks. It'll be hard to top. *crosses fingers for Zombieland*

23Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

BlueMaxx wrote:Trick 'R Treat rocked my socks. It'll be hard to top. *crosses fingers for Zombieland*

Will be arriving tomorrow from Netflix. yes

I hope to see Zombieland next weekend, I'm off to Bronner's this weekend.

24Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just thought of a couple I can't believe I didn't think of earlier. They're not specifically themed to Halloween, but they're certainly perfect Halloween material:
Corpse Bride
Arsenic and Old Lace

25Halloween Themed Movies Empty Re: Halloween Themed Movies Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've always been reluctant to watch The Corpse Bride.

Arsonic and Old Lace. Just read the plot. Sounds weird.

I want to throw out a Hitchcock film -- the best, IMHO -- Rope. So suspensful, and possibly Jimmy Stewarts best work. The longshots really pull you in, and are quite possibly the most effective and most talented longshots I've seen in a movie. Hrm...roughly rivaling Before Sunrise. The entire film takes place in this section of the house, basically two rooms, and everything builds up nicely. (Also, try and find the colorized. Not to be a stickler towards the classics, but let's face it, color is more appealing.)
Halloween Themed Movies Rope-pic-2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum