Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+65
Aussiemandias
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
kreepfan
(._Y_.)
Spaced4SimonPegg
Sandman
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
Spider_Fan14
Demonweasel
blue halo
The Ignored One
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
Denim
TheUnalteredOne
Gojiratoho
SexyToaster
Toothgrinder
jaydee74
Angelina Armani
NorrinRadd
Ben Akers
The_Donster
Time Consumer
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Sci-Fi
supervenom
grneyedsngr
melvinlikechris
Batman25JM
Ric Magnum
DickGrayson007
Lantern Lite
Airwolf
Mnemosis
hrdwrkngXsoldier
krpykrwly
Thundermatts
Splitty
shiky800
deadbolt85
Astro13Zombie
gangsternerd
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
shining knight
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
Debaser77
rwe1138
Big PUN
Lee
FroZen
alucardbarnivous
Silent K
Administrator
LordD3r3k
Esbat
Joshua
Foxy
Combo Mo
Metal Misfit
69 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1Seen any movies lately? Empty Seen any movies lately? Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Spread the word about the good, bad and the ugly here.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

2Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wonder Woman (Animated)

I had high expectations for this...and it exceeded them. Well told origin story with great battle scenes. My favorite of the animated DC movies so far. Must see!

3Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Last House on the Left. I didn't care for the original and I really didn't want to see the new version, but went to make someone happy.. and I wish I hadn't. It's pretty much the same story line as the original but with a bit less sadism toward the two girls. But there was a rape scene in the new flick that turned my stomach so badly I had to leave the theater. The movie is excessively violent, and this is coming from a gal who really digs horror flicks. It all just seemed unnecessary.

The only thing I did really like about it was Aaron Paul, he's in Breaking Bad opposite Bryan Cranston.

http://www.foxyart.net

4Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm watching Cry-Baby before I call it a night. The last new movie I saw was Role Models and Australia. Role Models was great and Australia was flawed, but still enjoyable.

5Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:01 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah Australia was pretty good. Some of the narration was off putting, but otherwise it was a passable epic.

Also, recently rented Punisher War Zone (HOLY F*CK! It was a nice ride, it was the polar opposite of the Tom Jane Punisher. So much more like the comics. Its the kinda stuff the really sick Garth Ennis fans beat off to) and Still Waiting... it was okay. Not as good as the original but it gave ALOT of nods towards the last half of the film to the first Waiting, which were hilarious as hell. I highly suggest watching the deleted scenes too. Good stuff!

At the theater I saw "Knowing", I liked it but it was weird enough most people are not going to like it because it turns "preachy" at the end of the flick. Also Nicholas Cage's hair was chewing up the scenery again.

http://realityfugitives.com/

6Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:Yeah Australia was pretty good. Some of the narration was off putting, but otherwise it was a passable epic.
Yeah, sometimes I liked the kid narrator and sometimes it bugged me. I think Baz has two movies on his hands and tried to cram them into one. I felt like the first half of the movie was absolutely solid, but it really faltered in the second-half. It probably should have ended when the romantic story peaked. The movie kind of collapsed under the weight of itself.

7Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Esbat wrote:Yeah Australia was pretty good. Some of the narration was off putting, but otherwise it was a passable epic.
Yeah, sometimes I liked the kid narrator and sometimes it bugged me. I think Baz has two movies on his hands and tried to cram them into one. I felt like the first half of the movie was absolutely solid, but it really faltered in the second-half. It probably should have ended when the romantic story peaked.

Just another movie where the black guy dies. Sad

http://realityfugitives.com/

8Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Just another movie where the black guy dies. Sad
Well, I think it's a bit different in Australia since there's not just the one token black guy. Gulliper made it to the end, though I was sure he'd be killed in some cliche way.

9Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:29 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:Wonder Woman (Animated)

I had high expectations for this...and it exceeded them. Well told origin story with great battle scenes. My favorite of the animated DC movies so far. Must see!

Ditto. I was surprised how much violence this had, but hey, at least these properties are starting to lose that cookie-cutter feel right?

10Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Foxy wrote:Last House on the Left. I didn't care for the original and I really didn't want to see the new version, but went to make someone happy.. and I wish I hadn't. It's pretty much the same story line as the original but with a bit less sadism toward the two girls. But there was a rape scene in the new flick that turned my stomach so badly I had to leave the theater. The movie is excessively violent, and this is coming from a gal who really digs horror flicks. It all just seemed unnecessary.

Yeah, I had ZERO interest in seeing this one. The original was awful. I can't decide which is worse: I Spit On Your Grave or The Last House on the Left.

11Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:49 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

This is England. Disturbing story of a kid and his involvement in an early 80's English skinhead group. Stephen Graham (mostly known as Tommy from Snatch) is awesome in this one.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

12Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Return of the Jedi was on Spike HD yesterday. I miss YUB YUB!

Carrie Fisher makes the child inside of me want to hump things, Esbat style.

13Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Carrie Fisher makes the child inside of me want to hump things, Esbat style.
Sounds to me like if the kid is already inside of you that he's got the humping down pat.

14Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This weekend I watched Punisher: War Zone, Samurai School: Be A Man!, Tsui Hark's the Blade, and The Storm Rider: Clash of Evils.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

15Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:23 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched Twilight yesterday...I don't get it. My wife loved that friggin movie and I thought it was...so so. Anyone else think that Twilight was really overrated or maybe there's something about the movie that just appeals to women.

16Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished watching A Fistful of Dollars and enjoyed it. I don't think it's a movie I'd want to rewatch much, but it's more than a decent western.

17Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Nanny McPhee...

Good family movie.

18Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw Sunshine today and really dug it. The latter third was a bit different than what I anticipated, but it's a really good movie.

19Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Watched the final 20 minutes of an old Don Johnson film, 1989's Dead Bang, on Encore. Seemed like a decent b-action movie to catch on a dreary afternoon like this one.

20Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Foxy wrote:Last House on the Left. I didn't care for the original and I really didn't want to see the new version, but went to make someone happy.. and I wish I hadn't. It's pretty much the same story line as the original but with a bit less sadism toward the two girls. But there was a rape scene in the new flick that turned my stomach so badly I had to leave the theater. The movie is excessively violent, and this is coming from a gal who really digs horror flicks. It all just seemed unnecessary.
The original is a dirty, mean movie. I would expect nothing less than that for a remake. I still wanna check it out some time.

Joshua wrote:I'm watching Cry-Baby before I call it a night. The last new movie I saw was Role Models and Australia. Role Models was great and Australia was flawed, but still enjoyable.
Cry Baby is AWESOME.
Esbat wrote:Also, recently rented Punisher War Zone (HOLY F*CK! It was a nice ride, it was the polar opposite of the Tom Jane Punisher. So much more like the comics. Its the kinda stuff the really sick Garth Ennis fans beat off to) and Still Waiting... it was okay. Not as good as the original but it gave ALOT of nods towards the last half of the film to the first Waiting, which were hilarious as hell. I highly suggest watching the deleted scenes too. Good stuff!
I need to snag this on BluRay like, yesterday.
FroZen wrote:Watched Twilight yesterday...I don't get it. My wife loved that friggin movie and I thought it was...so so. Anyone else think that Twilight was really overrated or maybe there's something about the movie that just appeals to women.
Part of me really want to see this just to see what all the fuss is about. The other part of me wants to kick that part's ass.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

21Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:Watched Twilight yesterday...I don't get it. My wife loved that friggin movie and I thought it was...so so. Anyone else think that Twilight was really overrated or maybe there's something about the movie that just appeals to women.
Part of me really want to see this just to see what all the fuss is about. The other part of me wants to kick that part's ass.[/quote]

Begin the kicking...hell...I should have my ass kicked for watching it.

22Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:45 am

Big PUN

Big PUN
Cadet
Cadet

FroZen wrote:
Part of me really want to see this just to see what all the fuss is about. The other part of me wants to kick that part's ass.

I think if you're at all a romantic kind of person, Twilight is pretty decent. If you have ever been in love or felt the kind of magnetism that the main characters do... its easy to relate and enjoy the movie. The performances are convincing. The vampire thing kind of becomes secondary to the love story, in my opinion. Then again, maybe I just like chick flicks. Am I going to shell out $30 to buy the bluray? The jury's still out.

23Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I was pleasantly surprised by how good I Love You, Man was.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

24Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:30 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I watched Near Dark last night. The first hour was pretty good, the last thirty minutes - not so much. Bill Paxton had all the best lines.

25Seen any movies lately? Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Debaser77 wrote:I watched Near Dark last night. The first hour was pretty good, the last thirty minutes - not so much. Bill Paxton had all the best lines.

Yeah, it gets hype as a "cult classic", but I was pretty bored by it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum