Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+65
Aussiemandias
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
kreepfan
(._Y_.)
Spaced4SimonPegg
Sandman
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
Spider_Fan14
Demonweasel
blue halo
The Ignored One
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
Denim
TheUnalteredOne
Gojiratoho
SexyToaster
Toothgrinder
jaydee74
Angelina Armani
NorrinRadd
Ben Akers
The_Donster
Time Consumer
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Sci-Fi
supervenom
grneyedsngr
melvinlikechris
Batman25JM
Ric Magnum
DickGrayson007
Lantern Lite
Airwolf
Mnemosis
hrdwrkngXsoldier
krpykrwly
Thundermatts
Splitty
shiky800
deadbolt85
Astro13Zombie
gangsternerd
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
shining knight
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
Debaser77
rwe1138
Big PUN
Lee
FroZen
alucardbarnivous
Silent K
Administrator
LordD3r3k
Esbat
Joshua
Foxy
Combo Mo
Metal Misfit
69 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

BlueMaxx wrote:
He's in the Vampire's Assistant.

Then I'm very sorry for him.

977Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
You do realize that I'm not fighting with you, yes? I refuse to fight about something as dumb as this.
My bad. I must have misconstrued your intent when you started calling me names.

I might suggest, in the future, that when you're stating your opinion, you mention that fact, and avoid absolutes.
I would have thought that it was obvious that it was my opinion, since we were discussing the quality of movies, which is a subject who's merit stems only from opinions. Perhaps I'm in the minority on this topic, but it seems silly and redundant to put "In my opinion" before every statement I make. Unless I go out of my way to declare that something is an absolute truth, I think it's fairly obvious that whatever I'm espousing is my opinion.

I apologize if you felt like I was attacking you
Again, don't resort to name-calling and insults if you don't want people to think you're attacking them.

And in case it seemed that any of this was said with hostility: Smile

978Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Smiley immunity makes it all o.k.

979Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
FroZen wrote:Finally watched G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra last night. I thought it was pretty entertaining.My son really got into it.

I watched this over the weekend and am totally on the other side of spectrum. I just couldn't seem get into it.

My son fell asleep during it. don't know

And as to complete invalidate any future opinions I may have on films /w this crowd, I watched Tranformers 2 twice over the weekend. I still really like it and some of the muddled plot points actually became a little clearer to me.

I'm not sayin' I got really into it, I just had a good time going along for the ride. With that ending I'm really looking forward to a sequel. My son is really clueless as to what G.I. Joe was, so for him this was something really new. Next we're watching Transformers 2. My son loved Transformers so I'm sure he's gonna love this one. After an extended preview I saw last night, I gotta say, it doesn't look too bad.

980Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
He's in the Vampire's Assistant.

Then I'm very sorry for him.
Is that sucky? Wink

981Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:25 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

BlueMaxx wrote:
Is that sucky? Wink

Haven't seen it, but it looks awful.

982Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Heh. Seemed as if they were attempting to combine Harry Potter and X-Men together, while burning the glampyr fuel while it is still at an abundance.

Also, Almost Famous: Director's Edition seems cool. Apparently adds over a half hour more to the 2 hour movie, specifically developing more character for Penny Lane.

983Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Joshua wrote:
superdoug wrote:
Oh, let's compare apples and fish, shall we? Rolling Eyes

They're both excellent films in their own right; to compare them to each other is to do each a disservice.
There's no reason to take my preference for one movie over another as an attack or some sort of personal slight.

Josh - You snapped at Doug needlessly here. He has a perfectly valid point, and he was simply stating it. There are "bad" movies, and saying that any "good" movie is better than a "bad" movie is easy and noncontroversial. But to say that any one "good" movie is better than another "good" movie is going to prompt a debate about the merits of each. Once it's two movies from different genres, it becomes very difficult to get into that sort of a debate.

Doug - If someone's saying something's better than something else, they're stating their opinion. They don't need to say "In my opinion" because it CAN'T be fact. Even if we're comparing Logo to Photoshop, I can't empirically say that Photoshop is better, because Logo would be far easier for Michael J Fox to use. Therefore, don't be nitpicky and tell people to say "In my opinion."

Basically, you were both right. Josh, you like RotK better than Untitled. That's your opinion, and you're untitled to it (see what I did there?) But it's impossible to argue the merits of one film over the other. It IS "apples and fish," and that's all that Doug was pointing out.

Hug it out bitches, or so help me god, I'll get my ruler. I don't know what I'll do then, but damn it, I'll do something.

984Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

krpykrwly wrote:
And as to complete invalidate any future opinions I may have on films /w this crowd, I watched Tranformers 2 twice over the weekend. I still really like it and some of the muddled plot points actually became a little clearer to me.

I've clearly had my last "Larry Joe Dressed as Slave Leia" dream

985Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:44 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
Joshua wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:
Did it ever become clear why they used the Allspark to revive Jetfire to learn how to revive Optimus, rather than just using it to revive Optimus?

It appeared to me that they just didn't know the shard had the capability to restore life. Reviving Optimus actually wasn't even a goal until AFTER Jetfire was restored and he informs them that only a Prime can defeat The Fallen. Sam was previously just simply on the run trying to find a way to unlock the knowloedge from the AllSpark.

Also, Jetfire was never 'dead', just non-operational.

When the Decepticons used the other shard to revive NBE-1, aka Megatron, this was much more involved process requiring the shard to be inserted into Megatron as well as additional parts for repair -- essentially a surgical procedure akin to an organ transplant.
Scalpel: "Need parts. Kill the little one."

Jetfire was simply brought back similarly to the kitchen gadgets, only needed the shard's radiation to reactivate him.
Wheelie: "Hold the shard up to him and watch the magic happen."

Of course, this is just how I interpreted it. I could've just been enamored with big, shiney robots fighting each other.

actually I think that is the best interpretation I have heard for this! well done

986Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Hug it out bitches, or so help me god, I'll get my ruler. I don't know what I'll do then, but damn it, I'll do something.
Look out! He's going to start measuring stuff!

987Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Bitch, we had this shit sorted out long before you came along.

Smiley Immunity. Smile

988Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yesterday, in a fit of cinema, I watched two movies that were much better than I anticipated.

Land of the Lost
-- While I cannot stand Danny McBride, and Will Ferrell tends to play a variation on Ron Burgundy in nearly every movie I've seen him in (Stranger than Fiction being one of the KEY exceptions), I really, REALLY enjoyed the movie. Yes, it's a bit dumb and plays a bit loose with the show mythology -- but not really. It had everything I was looking for: Enoch, Sleestak, the Xarn, Chaka...and it was actually funny in spots. I'll definitely be watching this again.

Fired Up -- Starring Nick D'Agosto (you'd know him as high-flying West from Season 2 of Heroes), this movie can go into my 'cheerleading movies I don't mind watching' along with 'Bring It On' and...well, just with 'Bring It On'. Smile A goofy buddy comedy that shows that teen sex comedies can actually have a heart at their gooey center. I'm definitely getting the unrated version on Blu-Ray.

Sex Drive -- I forgot to mention this a few weeks ago when I watched it, but this is another teen sex comedy that is hold-your-sides funny at times. Seth Green as an Amish gearhead is worth the price of a rental all by himself. I dare you not to laugh your ass off in the last twenty minutes. I dare you.

989Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I REALLY want to see Sex Drive.

990Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:02 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

Wasn't a big fan of Land of the Lost , but Sex Drive was way funnier than I expected it to be. After you see the theatrical cut , watch the unrated version the turn the inappropriateness up to 11.

991Seen any movies lately? - Page 40 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched Jason and the Argonauts. An awesome classic of course, check it out if you haven't seen it.

I watched Fido today. Or rather, tried to. I had DVR'd it a few months ago, and couldn't watch past the first ten minutes. It was on Sundance again, and since I heard alot of good things about it, recorded it again. I got through thirty minutes this time. Jesus Christ is that movie boring. The acting is terrible, the jokes fall flat, and the sense of nostalgia is forced and only there because it's obvious they're trying soooo damn hard to do it. Just a crapville movie that should have never been made.

-------

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2000

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum