Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seen any movies lately?

+65
Aussiemandias
Fresh03
AlienIncognito
kreepfan
(._Y_.)
Spaced4SimonPegg
Sandman
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
Spider_Fan14
Demonweasel
blue halo
The Ignored One
MillionDollarGeek
prescribeddrone
Denim
TheUnalteredOne
Gojiratoho
SexyToaster
Toothgrinder
jaydee74
Angelina Armani
NorrinRadd
Ben Akers
The_Donster
Time Consumer
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Sci-Fi
supervenom
grneyedsngr
melvinlikechris
Batman25JM
Ric Magnum
DickGrayson007
Lantern Lite
Airwolf
Mnemosis
hrdwrkngXsoldier
krpykrwly
Thundermatts
Splitty
shiky800
deadbolt85
Astro13Zombie
gangsternerd
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
shining knight
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
Debaser77
rwe1138
Big PUN
Lee
FroZen
alucardbarnivous
Silent K
Administrator
LordD3r3k
Esbat
Joshua
Foxy
Combo Mo
Metal Misfit
69 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

476Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I loved parts of Pineapple Express but overall I was disappointed.

477Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:03 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:As for Funny Games I saw the remake, but it's a shot for shot remake from the exact same director, so I don't feel a need to see the original, since it's exactly the same but with german.

The German actors made it far more creepy. Trust me; you wouldn't be able to take the original.

478Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No way, the two kids in the american are amazing. Stop being a communist. Why do you hate America Doug? Why don't you just move? :x

lol!

479Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:40 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:No way, the two kids in the american are amazing. Stop being a communist. Why do you hate America Doug? Why don't you just move? :x

lol!

Sorry! My family was here first, so I don't have to move! tongue

(Seriously. I'm descended from Native Americans and two signers of the Declaration of Independence. You don't get more native son than I.)

480Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
I think you really need to have kids to truly appreciate Knocked Up. My wife and I enjoyed it a lot when we saw it.

And I cannot recommend Freaks and Geeks enough. You will simply fall in love with that show. It's in my all time top five.

Maybe you do have to have kids to like Knocked Up. I just didn't find it that funny. I wanted to like it, but I didn't.

481Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:
As for Funny Games I saw the remake, but it's a shot for shot remake from the exact same director, so I don't feel a need to see the original, since it's exactly the same but with german.
That was a mindfuck of a movie. I really enjoyed it. Still want to see the original, just because.

482Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched Spielberg's 1941 two nights ago and it was horrendous. Easily the worst Spielberg directed film I've seen.
Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 1941advance

483Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched El Labyrinthe de Fauno. Love, love, love this film. I think I'll pop it in tomorrow and listen to the commentary by del Toro. Which says a lot from me when I want to hear the commentary.
Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Pans-labyrinth-mignola
Mignola art. Simple, but I want this poster.

484Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:18 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

watership down: I will gladly rip up my man card and admit I still burst into tears when bright eyes is playing

485Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Hunger: An Irish film based on the Irish political prisoners starving strike back in 1981, focusing on the story of Bobby Sands and the brutality him and his co-prisoners/"terrorists" faced in the six weeks prior to the beginning of the strike. It's really hard to watch most of the time, with all the violence and the literal shithole the prisoners lived in due to their years long of "no wash" and "blanket" strikes (the first one was not washing or shaving, covering the walls with their own shit; the other was refusing to wear prisoners clothes and therefor going around nude and covered only by blanket). The movie has lots of "artsy" camera shots that to some point start to annoy. The best scene in my eyes was this conversation between Sands and an Irish priest prior to the strike, as the camera focuses on the two of them from afar for about 20 minutes as they talk without any seeming pause or take. Just one long shot. I wouldn't give it another watch because of the hard-to-watch content, but overall it's a good commemoration of the story of Bobby Sands and his resistance buddies. Despite being one-sided (showing Sands and co as heroes and martyrs and ignoring the terroristic acts that brought them to jail), the criticism on Thatcher's ugly Britain is always welcome IMO.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

486Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Strangers (Finally, what was taking me so long?) Liked it alot. Just beautifully shot IMO

487Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:Hunger: An Irish film based on the Irish political prisoners starving strike back in 1981, focusing on the story of Bobby Sands and the brutality him and his co-prisoners/"terrorists" faced in the six weeks prior to the beginning of the strike.
I think this is on my OnDemand channel. I might order it.

488Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:
As for Funny Games I saw the remake, but it's a shot for shot remake from the exact same director, so I don't feel a need to see the original, since it's exactly the same but with german.
That was a mindfuck of a movie. I really enjoyed it. Still want to see the original, just because.
And it had the best ending ever Laughing

489Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:47 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

animal house awesome film awesome

490Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Free-DoctorStrange-TheSorcererSupreme-tf.org
My fave of the Marvel animated features.

491Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My son (on a little shopping trip with his grandmother)thought he'd rent me a movie to watch. Not really knowing what he was picking out he just got one with a cool cover and that he knew would be about vampires. So last night I had to sit through Dracula 3000. I'd seen it before and guess what...it's just as bad the second time.

492Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:21 am

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Kronk's New Groove.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for Disney flicks.

493Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Watched two movies last night, and hated them both. First up, Tropic Thunder

I know people (especially Hollywood) went apeshit for this movie, and you can call me crazy, but I like my comedies to be funny. I didn't even finish this one it was so bad and unfunny. And I love that it's a crack against Hollywood and pokes fun at the lame, mindnumbingly bad films they pump out, but then the plot just turns out to be one of those lame uninspired, hokey hollywood plots! Just absolutely terrible all around.

Then I watched The Happening. Okay, it's no secret that I consider both of M's flicks to be two of the worst films ever made. However, I LOOOOVE Signs, and enjoy his two other flicks. The Happening could have been good! It was right there, the plot was decent, the acting was fine, the suspence worked, and most of the death scenes were awesome. (Except the lion cage. I mean, the guys arm practically popped off at the slightest tug, I'm suprised he didn't lose it years before in a firm handshake. Like so obviously fake it took me out of the film, just a terrible, terrible scene.) I could even overlook the fact that apparently, the plants could control the breeze, and direct it worards people when and where they wanted. No the thing that killed this movie was the dialogue plain and simple. It was horrendus. Like head slappingly bad throughout the whole film. The two main male leads are both teachers, one science and one math. Apparently, that's the only thing they ever like to talk about. Their respective career choices. One of them never shuts up about science, even when theres no reason to bring it up, and don';t get me started on the line (I'm paraphrasing here) 'Want me to throw out some numbers to makes us feel better?" No. I want you to shoot yourself. Of course, the horrible dialogue effects every single character in the film, not just those two. It's almost as if M. Night noticed he could have made a decent, servicable movie, and decided to fuck it all up with the dialogue. Not once have I felt need to complain about the dialgue in one of his movies, so it's shittiness came as a suprise to me, and made me feel as if it was only so horrible to self sabotauge him. Maybe he likes making these horrible films, he enjoys the hate and ire he gets from reviewers and the general public.

494Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:07 pm

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

The wife and I saw (finally) Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince last week.

495Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Tropic Thunder was funny in parts but overall was much ado about nothing.

496Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

garbage tropic thunder utter garbage

497Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote: So last night I had to sit through Dracula 3000.
I'm so sorry.

Thundermatts wrote:
Watched two movies last night, and hated them both. First up, Tropic Thunder

I know people (especially Hollywood) went apeshit for this movie, and you can call me crazy, but I like my comedies to be funny. I didn't even finish this one it was so bad and unfunny. And I love that it's a crack against Hollywood and pokes fun at the lame, mindnumbingly bad films they pump out, but then the plot just turns out to be one of those lame uninspired, hokey hollywood plots! Just absolutely terrible all around.

Then I watched The Happening. Okay, it's no secret that I consider both of M's flicks to be two of the worst films ever made.
Perfect. Hated that movie. Oscar worth, that film. I mean...whatever. The Happening. Aw, yes. I wanted to like this film, but it didn't happen. Also, loved your description of the arm and lion thing. I noticed that as well. Heh.

Debaser77 wrote:Tropic Thunder was funny in parts but overall was much ado about nothing.
shining knight wrote:garbage tropic thunder utter garbage
You guys too? That's great. It seems like so many like that turd. It felt the whole time, lets be politically incorrect because it is edgy humor. Rolling Eyes

498Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

edgy does not make funny

499Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Definitely not.

I finished watching Fanboys a little while ago. It had its laughs. Felt it could've been better. Seemed like the editing was off, or something. Also, so much great cast, so much wasted. Is it worth seeing? Of course. Missing much? Not too much.

500Seen any movies lately? - Page 20 Empty Re: Seen any movies lately? Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Thundermatts wrote:
most of the death scenes were awesome. (Except the lion cage. I mean, the guys arm practically popped off at the slightest tug, I'm suprised he didn't lose it years before in a firm handshake. Like so obviously fake it took me out of the film, just a terrible, terrible scene.)

Haven't seen The Happening, but that description made me think of Luke Wilson in Anchorman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum