The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

JSA All-Stars

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 JSA All-Stars on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I was just in another thread saying how much I wanted a JSA team that consisted of nothing but the youths, and here it is...sort of. They're the "noobs", but still. Laughing B) Seems Willingham was building up Sturges for this title. As his padawan, so to speak. :P

********************



Written by Matthew Sturges; Art and cover by Freddie Williams II; Variant cover by Ryan Sook

An all-new ongoing series! The Justice Society spin off group struggles to pull itself toward some semblance of order after the JSA's devastating split! New home base, new training methods, new villains – all bringing the JSA All-Stars face-to-"face" with one of their greatest villains again – for the first time! Join writer Matthew Sturges (JUSTICE SOCIETY, JACK OF FABLES) and artist Freddie Williams II (ROBIN) for a new chapter in the JSA legacy.

DC Universe 40pg. Color $3.99 US
On Sale December 2, 2009

*********************
Can't frickin' wait! (Still wondering where Jakeem went to. I mean, frick!)

View user profile

2 Re: JSA All-Stars on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I don't really see how Sturges was the Padawan in their relationship, since they both started writing JSA together.

View user profile

3 Re: JSA All-Stars on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:46 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ Well, Sturges has started with Willingham from Fables/Jack of Fables, and dabled in others' series, coming back to Willingham for House of Mystery and then Justice Society of America. So, he's kind of being trained. I was kidding, sort of, he is a good writer, as his writings Blue Beetle has shown us.

View user profile

4 Re: JSA All-Stars on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:59 pm

Esbat

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fourty pages, sweet!

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

5 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:16 am

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ya, I know, right?

I'm happy DC is at least giving us more material for the price rise instead of just slapping "limited series" on it. Or being completely naked about their greed by raising the prices for no reason other than because titles are doing well.

I'll gladly pay 10 cents a page.

View user profile

6 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 am

Debaser77

avatar
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven
This was inevitable...the team was just getting too big. Looks like it'll be the newbies and Power Girl here.


------------------------------------
Hell has frozen over...I am now on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/Debaser77

View user profile

7 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Debaser77 wrote:This was inevitable...the team was just getting too big. Looks like it'll be the newbies and Power Girl here.

Stargirl and Hourman are not noobs. Damage is also not a noob. It will be interesting to see how this team does. I think I am more interested in the older team right now but I will get the first issue of this to see what it's all about.

View user profile

8 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 am

Debaser77

avatar
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven
Compared to Jay, Alan, and Ted, everyone's a newbie Laughing


------------------------------------
Hell has frozen over...I am now on the Twitter at http://twitter.com/Debaser77

View user profile

9 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 am

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It's not really rookies vs. veterans as much as it is youngins' vs. old codgers.

View user profile

10 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:31 pm

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
speaking of jack of fables has anyone read the newest issue yet or is everyone but me waiting for the trades?

I just say this because

Spoiler:
Chocobos from the final fantasy games showed up in the newest issue
Laughing

View user profile

11 JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Spider_Fan14

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
BlueMaxx wrote:


Written by Matthew Sturges; Art and cover by Freddie Williams II; Variant cover by Ryan Sook

An all-new ongoing series! The Justice Society spin off group struggles to pull itself toward some semblance of order after the JSA's devastating split! New home base, new training methods, new villains – all bringing the JSA All-Stars face-to-"face" with one of their greatest villains again – for the first time! Join writer Matthew Sturges (JUSTICE SOCIETY, JACK OF FABLES) and artist Freddie Williams II (ROBIN) for a new chapter in the JSA legacy.

DC Universe 40pg. Color $3.99 US
On Sale December 2, 2009

*********************
Can't frickin' wait! (Still wondering where Jakeem went to. I mean, frick!)
I like the looks of the team, i'll definatly buy this when it comes out (maybe 40 pages is 1o pages of backup?). I haven't read the new ish yet but i'll just guess Jakeem is on the main team.

View user profile

12 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:16 pm

I realize there was too many JSA members for one book, but THIS team looks awful. I'll give this one a chance, but the main book has retained most of the characters I cared about.

View user profile http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

13 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
I like the looks of the team, i'll definatly buy this when it comes out (maybe 40 pages is 1o pages of backup?). I haven't read the new ish yet but i'll just guess Jakeem is on the main team.
Good point. Yz and Johnny Thunderbolt did fuse together, ya? So he would stick around with the "classics".

View user profile

14 Re: JSA All-Stars on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Metal Misfit wrote:I realize there was too many JSA members for one book, but THIS team looks awful. I'll give this one a chance, but the main book has retained most of the characters I cared about.

Same here. I'll give it a chance but we'll see.

View user profile

15 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 am

Where is Liberty Belle if Hourman is on that team?

Besides that I have zero interest in Magog. I don't see why PG would be on this team, or Star Girl or Cyclone. The better explain that damn well in the main title before they split the team.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

16 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:49 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I was a tad curious as to why LIberty Belle wasn't on this team when her husband is. I guess she's going with the classic members which is one more reason that if I have to choose between the two I am going with the O.G. members.

View user profile

17 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 am

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Ignored One wrote:The better explain that damn well in the main title before they split the team.
Why would you even suspect that they wouldn't?

View user profile

18 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:01 pm

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I was a tad curious as to why LIberty Belle wasn't on this team when her husband is. I guess she's going with the classic members which is one more reason that if I have to choose between the two I am going with the O.G. members

Or maybe geoff has claimed her....

View user profile

19 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:10 pm

Esbat

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I claim Power Girl, Star Girl, and Cyclone... and Metamorpho needs to turn into baby oil.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

20 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Esbat wrote:I claim Power Girl, Star Girl, and Cyclone.
Fuck that noise, you don't get all three. Loathe as I am to do so, I'll sacrifice PG and Star Girl to you if it means I can have Cyclone.

You can keep the monkey.

View user profile

21 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Esbat

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Joshua wrote:
Esbat wrote:I claim Power Girl, Star Girl, and Cyclone.
Fuck that noise, you don't get all three. Loathe as I am to do so, I'll sacrifice PG and Star Girl to you if it means I can have Cyclone.

You can keep the monkey.
Done, but you can keep the monkey.

View user profile http://realityfugitives.com/

22 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:38 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I was a tad curious as to why LIberty Belle wasn't on this team when her husband is. I guess she's going with the classic members which is one more reason that if I have to choose between the two I am going with the O.G. members.
Well, Flash Rebirth isn't quite over, you know?

View user profile

23 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:46 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
BlueMaxx wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I was a tad curious as to why LIberty Belle wasn't on this team when her husband is. I guess she's going with the classic members which is one more reason that if I have to choose between the two I am going with the O.G. members.
Well, Flash Rebirth isn't quite over, you know?
That's true, but I hope she makes it through. I really like her.

View user profile

24 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 pm

BlueMaxx

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ Same. It's obvious Barry is going to stay, and, thankfully, so is Wally. Bart...I'm wondering if he's going to the future again. To me, Max or Jay should be up. I really like them both, but I also don't like the constant running around with all these speedsters. It really feels like someone is going to bite it, but I'm not sure who. Blackest Night: The Flash has revealed certain things about a Reverse-Flash, but I'm not sure which.

View user profile

25 Re: JSA All-Stars on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 pm

The Ignored One wrote:The better explain that damn well in the main title before they split the team.

I thought it was obvious. Half the team wants to serve up justice in a more aggressive and swift manner.

jaydee74 wrote:I was a tad curious as to why LIberty Belle wasn't on this team when her husband is. I guess she's going with the classic members which is one more reason that if I have to choose between the two I am going with the O.G. members.

Marital woes! Shocked I would actually have preferred Hourman staying on the main team.

Esbat wrote:I claim Power Girl, Star Girl, and Cyclone... and Metamorpho needs to turn into baby oil.

neutral

View user profile http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum