Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

JSA All-Stars

+11
Aussiemandias
rwe1138
The Ignored One
Metal Misfit
Spider_Fan14
shining knight
jaydee74
Debaser77
Esbat
Joshua
BlueMaxx
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:33 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The second issue really picked up. Seems the Injustice Society are back and trying an old hand. Shiv, Stargirl's archnemesis, is on the team. Loved seeing her from her series and, like, one issue of Johns' JSA. The A.I. system, Roxy, is a cool addition from Rex's expertise.
JSA All-Stars - Page 3 9f91bb12-c270-4525-abf8-e8d752844359
The back-up with Liberty Belle and Hourman is entertaining. They're opposed by Icicle and Tigress, also a couple, but sort of opposites of the other two. Tigress is a familiar of Hourman, while Icicle is the opposite of Jesse.

52JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the third issue was okay. Nothing great, but it didn't suck. I do wish this had come out before the JSA Annual.

I LOVED the art. Freddie Williams III is getting back to normal for me. Though why wasn't PG's costume open chested?

53JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The art is great but I'm just not digging this book like I dig the regular JSA and I'm not even digging that book like I did when it first started.

54JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

This book is on the thinnest of ice with me. I'll stay on until the Injustice Society arc is over, or until I just get sick of it. We'll see which comes first.

55JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:22 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:This book is on the thinnest of ice with me. I'll stay on until the Injustice Society arc is over, or until I just get sick of it. We'll see which comes first.

The BF and I were discussing this title yesterday, and we've come to pretty much the same conclusion. Everyone in this title seems to be angry or upset about SOMETHING they haven't clearly defined (I can't believe that it boils down to a difference in philosophy), and it just seems like they're REALLY trying to force this title further down the Kingdom Come path. (F'r instance, most of the 'All-Stars' are newer heroes who were 'the new breed' in KC.)

I like Kingdom Come, and it's neat to see it bleed into main continuity, but it shouldn't come at the expense of a great team dynamic, and it doesn't need to be New Earth's inexorable future.

If things don't improve with Magog leaving the team, I'm going back to the JSA I know that acts in character and leave this bunch of superemos in the dust.

56JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought #3 was actually an improvement on the first two however this will be my last issue. At $3.99 I just don't think it's good enough. For now I'll stick with the main JSA title.

57JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm liking it. Third one takes place just a little before the JSA Annual #2 and it'll play into the next step, which I'm liking that.

58JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA All-Stars #4

Meh. Not horrible, but not fantastic. I do love the art. Though one thing really bugged me, just like in the last issue of Cry for Justice, Alan Scott (or at least the illusion of him) was wearing a GLC style Green Lantern ring. I can excuse it more here because he wasn't real, but still.

I HATED the backup. I couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

59JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like where the story is going. What is it with evil sorcerers and comics, specifically with DC. The Wizard, Mordru and Faust...these guys never stay dead. Wondering if the Cosmic Staff would've effected King of Tears or Johnny. Why is she in that Subtle Realm, and why is Al there too?

Hourman and Jesse's backstory really needs to step it up. I barely cared with this piece of the story.

60JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA All-Stars #5

This wasn't horrible, but I wasn't jumping for joy. I think I'm going to drop this book when the arc is over.

I thought it was weird that the JSA brought that friend of Dr. Fate's (I can't remember her name) to their HQ. They knew nothing about her. That doesn't seem smart.

I did love the art.

I didn't even bother with the backup. I hated the first two installments, and couldn't even finish the third, so I just skipped it this time.

61JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I still can't believe someone thought there was a need for TWO JSA titles. Laughing Someone should head over to Newsarama and make that one of Didio's questions.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

62JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:I still can't believe someone thought there was a need for TWO JSA titles. Laughing Someone should head over to Newsarama and make that one of Didio's questions.

As much as I love the JSA, I do agree that two titles are not needed.

63JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:32 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA Allstars #5

I can't remember her name at the moment, but this woman Dr. Fate to help the team is kind of interesting. I love her costume, and I also kind of dig the way she casts spells. It appears she also has some deeper connection to Fate, so I'm curious to see what that is.

The story itself is just ok. Those first scenes with Stargirl and Atom Smasher were a bit too Alice and Wonderland, fighting off oversized talking animals, then the trip to that demented castle. But maybe that's the point, that they're in some dream realm? Who knows. The premise of bringing back Johnny Sorrow was cool, but so far the story isn't living up to its potential.

The backup is just flatout pointless.

3 out of 5 spellcasings, thanks to the new chick generating some interest

64JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:29 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So yeah what is up with the blatant deus ex machinas in jsa titles recently?

first we had that damn one shot machine mr terrific used during the blackest night crossover and now we have this bloody new character who from (an admitedly original way) casts spells which removes the king of tears and handily heals king chimera

If the nazi story over in jsa ends with a deus ex machina i'm done with jsa for a while

65JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri May 07, 2010 12:26 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JSA All-stars #6

So.. yeah. So I guess the point of this arc was to restructure the team? I mean, I think the spell casting chick (still cant remember her name) is pretty cool and I do look forward to seeing more of her, but I can't see much more of a point than that.

I wouldn't say this was exactly filler, because some important things happened. I just think it could have been stronger.

I'm glad to see next issue is going to deal with Damage's death in BN, looking forward to that.

66JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri May 07, 2010 3:30 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I really liked Anna Fortune. As a matter of fact, All Stars is damned cool to me right now. It's just really working in my interest of what the stories should be. This has one-uped JSA as far as I'm concerned (still don't hate JSA Wink).

King Chimera and Cyclone...I like it. Makes sense. He's like an Oz type figure with all his illusions. And wow is he powerful now. Just when I thought he was the Kimahri of the group, he gets ahold of "Oblivion." Sorry if you've never played Final Fantasy X. Heh.

Spoiler:

If number 5 and 6 are any indication of the future stories, I'm honestly all for the continuation of this series.

67JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri May 07, 2010 1:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Johnny is fine. He made it back to his realm

68JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Fri May 07, 2010 6:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's right, what am I talking about. That was the whole point in the...you know. Wink

69JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Sat May 08, 2010 2:02 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh and I did play FFX and got the reference Wink

70JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:18 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, is anyone still reading this?

71JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up the ish of Damage's funeral awhile ago, it was pretty good. I ust don't think it's a great series though.

72JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:So, is anyone still reading this?

I dropped it after issue #6. I liked the art, but the writing wasn't doing it for me. Also, I don't really care for the team. Stargirl was the only one I really liked.

73JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never got into this series. I read the other series instead.

74JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, everyone is being a downer. Heh. I think it's fun.

75JSA All-Stars - Page 3 Empty Re: JSA All-Stars Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I never got into this series. I read the other series instead.

Yeah, I've continued to read the other series as well, but I think after the crossover with JLA I'm going to drop it. Ever since the team split I think the book has gone downhill.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum