Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Make your own LoEG!

+17
Ska
deadbolt85
Spider_Fan14
Splitty
Sci-Fi
The Ignored One
Heytherejeffro
Airwolf
krpykrwly
Joshua
shining knight
MillionDollarGeek
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Silent K
Esbat
Thundermatts
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Make your own LoEG! Empty Make your own LoEG! Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's right, fill a six or seven man roster with literary characters. A few ground rules. No comics. That's boring. Also, they have to live around the same time (or be immortal ((or possibly immortal))) they have to be willing to fight together on a team, and one of their worlds can't contradict everyone elses (Harry potter works, cause Wizards are hidden. The dad from The Road doesn't, cause his world is post apolyptic) If anyone is bored and a good artist, feel free to get some practice in and draw my guys in a cool pose together! lol

My team:

Frankenstein's Monster- Frankenstein
Make your own LoEG! Frank-main

Harry Potter- The Potter series
Make your own LoEG! Harry-potter2

Ian Malcolm- Jurassic Park, The Lost World
Make your own LoEG! 57

Hannibal Lecter- Thomas Harris Novels (I think they could get him to work on a team in some sort of fashion. He would be amused by the whole idea.)
Make your own LoEG! 6a00e3982071838833011279738ce528a4-320wi

The Narrator And Tyler Durden-Fight Club
Make your own LoEG! 6088653_std

Charlie Mcgee - Firestarter (Obviously she'd be an adult, so I used a pic of adult Drew.)
Make your own LoEG! Drew-barrymore

2Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:03 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay okay I got a team... oddly enough its also all characters from films that were adapted from novels because hell if I'm gonna not have pictures for this plus this team is set in the mid to late 80's:

Michael Corleone, from the Godfather series, he'd be the motivation if not the chess master behind the various other members manipulating their good intentions. His wealth and political and underground connections allow for public matters to be quietly taken care of.
Make your own LoEG! Godf3Mike4

John McClane as the no-nonsense cop who does what he has to do to save innocent people from harm. He's the urban/suburban combat field leader.
Make your own LoEG! John

John Rambo, from the First Blood novel, is a one man army and is able to fight in all out open war conditions by his lonesome, the needed muscle and firepower for the formidable odds this team will be going up against.
Make your own LoEG! John-rambo2

Dr. Eddie Jessup, the scientist from the novel Altered States, who utilizes his evolutionary manipulative experiments to regress or progress his evolutionary state to achieve incredible physical but beastial prowess or to transcend human boundary of thought and achieve a semi omniscience and oneness with the universe. He is assisted by his wife who provides not only the conscience he loses as a beast or transcended being but also his reason to do good with his experiments.
Make your own LoEG! Altered-States-3

Miriam Blaylock, from the novel The Hunger, an ancient Egyptian vampire who imbues her mortal lovers with her blood and extend their life for hundreds of years all the while as they age they retain their mental acuity. A possible motivator for having Corleone on the team, and her reason for joining the team would be to pick a new lover from one of the grouping.
Make your own LoEG! Miriam_97899d

Remo Williams, of series of novels titled The Destoryer, is a highly trained government assassin working for a special government group called CURE. His exploits have had go up against gangsters, master criminals, mad scientists, highly evolved AI constructs, and even specially made super soldiers. While trained in weapons, firearms, and special tactics Remo is a master of hand to hand combat and this is how he accomplishes his kills, up close and personal. His government affiliation may have him working alongside the team by chance or by Corleone's sway.
Make your own LoEG! Franchises_thatTime_Forgot_RemoWilliams_l1

http://realityfugitives.com/

3Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:34 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Jason and the New Argonauts

Jason (of the Argonauts)
Make your own LoEG! Jason_fleece
Leader and Captain of the ship.

QueeQueg (Moby Dick)
Make your own LoEG! Queequeg_scrimshaw
Jason's First Mate.

Pennywise (Stephen King's It)
Make your own LoEG! Pennywise_clown_by_Customfx
Becomes the worst fears of the enemies of the Argo.

Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Make your own LoEG! TinkerBell1a
Lookout.

Porthos (The Three Musketeers)
Make your own LoEG! A251080
The drunk comedy relief.

The Artful Dodger (Oliver Twist)
Make your own LoEG! The-artful-dodger-from-oliver-twist
The smart-ass.

Wicked Witch of the West (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)
Make your own LoEG! Denslow%20WWW
Terrified of the water (obviously).

Last edited by Silent K on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

4Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Great lists so far guys. Wold Newton family-esque thread is a great idea.

Premise:

Matsumoto, Bill's old boss, is still out there. Fearing for his assassination, he reaches out with his money. He eventually creates a deal with an old Japanese gang, whose illegal dealings were with pharmaceuticals and the like. What Matsumoto figures out is that he's just made a deal with a deadly enemy, the Chi Koumori ("Blood Bats"), an ancient clan of vampiric shinobi.

Matsumoto, through Tama Sumasshu ("Soul Smasher"), leader of the Chi Koumori, sends a vampire assassin and one of Matsumoto's own to Beatrix's and B.B.'s house to kill them before they kill him. Beatrix, after noticing this was no normal foe, surmised what was happening...the impossible. Battling the shinobi, she didn't realize that B.B. was in danger of a familiar foe. The Bride gasps, realizing that she was staring into the eyes of vindication, as Matsumoto's assassin attacks B.B.
B.B., never been taught anything by her mother other than meditation, was losing badly. The Bride, viciously slashing her opponent, and talking a few cuts herself, finally gets an opening and impales the shinobi through the heart, sending it outside his back, still stuck on the blade. Seeing that he was still as dangerous when he haphazardly lunged for her throat with his now bare fangs, The Bride palmed his nose, stunning him long enough for her to turn on the stove that was just directly behind him, burning up his putrid heart.

Right before B.B.'s killing blow, after a living room smashing throw-around, Beatrix steps in quietly, but still notices her. This mysterious female is wielding Hanzo Steal...she is Nikki Green, Vernita "Copperhead" Green's little girl. The same little girl who witnessed her mother slain before her eyes years ago. Now 16, all she cares to do is kill the one thing that matters most to The Bride, and than finish her herself. She dates that she will not want to kill her before she's offed B.B., she flees.

With her connections and Bill's inheritance, she made some connections with some fellows of her style...

Beatrix, The Bride, and her daughter, B.B. (Kill Bill)
Make your own LoEG! News_2641_user_15191
They'd kind of have a "Wolf and Bear Cub" theme going. Beatrix would be the leader, because it is her operation.

Seth Gecko (From Dusk Till Dawn)
Make your own LoEG! T10faketat6
The supernatural. He's dealt with it, and put a boot in its ass.

Winston Wolf, AKA "The Wolf" (Pulp Fiction)
Make your own LoEG! 44490806
The strategist of the group. He's the brains of the rag-tag "league". He never gets his hands dirty, but he can tell others how to keep their hands "clean".

Jackie Brown (Jackie Brown)
Make your own LoEG! Jackie_brown
Transportation and the set-up. She'll get pulled in like she always does. Wink

El Mariachi (Mariachi Trilogy)
Make your own LoEG! 1024_desperado
Turns out Matsumoto funded Armando Barillo and his ilk by trading guns, drugs, and slaves. Beatrix uses this info for El Mariachi to see the falling domino's that ended his wife and child's lives. He's their sharpshooting berzerker...guitarist.

Ted the Bellhop (Four Rooms)
Make your own LoEG! Four_rooms-440x297
Moved out of the craziness of the last hotel, and has spent many years in the lucrative, prestigeous hotel of which Matsumoto not only owns but lives on the top floor. Ted gets caught up in the mess since he knows the entire layout and practically all the residence. (Comic relief, of course. Everyone treats him like shit, with the exception of B.B., and The Wolf shows him respect for his knowledge.)

(All have novelizations. So tongue to your literary rant coming. Laughing)

Cameo's: Chester Rush (Tarantino), Mickey and Mallory Knox + family (Natural Born Killers), and Jules. Like the Buddha, Jules has gone hermit and travels to end suffering and understand his existence. He tries to talk some sense with the rage-filled El Mariachi. Tries it with Seth Gecko, but he doesn't wanna here it.

Is this group of criminals, lunatics and losers enough to topple this empire of crime?

5Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:29 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Angel and Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) - "Co"-leaders, only because the constant ego clashes, both having a soul.
Make your own LoEG! Spike-and-angel

River Tam (Firefly, Serenity) - More fighting power .
Make your own LoEG! River-tam

Dr. Simon Tam (Firefly, Serenity) - To keep River in place and offering his medical skills to the team.
Make your own LoEG! Simon01

"Whiskey" (Dollhouse) - Pre-Alpha's attack, being the best Dollhouse active, after going through the same process as Echo.
Make your own LoEG! Dollhouse2

Rupert Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - Offering his knowledge of magic and the underworld, and embracing more of his younger, badass self.
Make your own LoEG! 05giles

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

6Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Now let's try an evil team:

Tom Ripley - The Talented Mr. Ripley, Ripley's Game (I prefer John Malkovich's portrayal)
Make your own LoEG! Ripleysgame_cell_full

Anton Chigurh - No Country For Old Men
Make your own LoEG! Anton1

"Ice Truck Killer" - Dexter
Make your own LoEG! Casa-fox-gal2
(Trying to avoid spoilers here)

Keyser Soze - The Usual Suspects
Make your own LoEG! Keysersoze
(Avoiding spoilers again)

Annie Wilkes - Misery
Make your own LoEG! K

Beverly R. Sutphin - Serial Mom
Make your own LoEG! 38693637

7Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:34 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I think that team of evil would definitely clash...which could be a good story on its own. Not accomplishing anything other than murdering the Hell out of each other. Heh.

8Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:44 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Yeah... after killing all their targets they'll just massacre each other. It'll be a good finale.

9Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Im still stuck on Pennywise... DAMN YOU Knize!!!

10Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Beware the following for they shall attempt to trick you!

Make your own LoEG! Jareth

Jareth (labyrinth)

Make your own LoEG! 250px-Count_Olaf_1

count olaf (a series of unfortunate events)

Make your own LoEG! Trickster

The trickster (Sarah jane adventures)

Make your own LoEG! Qstartrek

Q (star trek)

Make your own LoEG! Jasonlee

Azrael (dogma)

and I know this breaks the rules but I need a mark hamil in my team....

Make your own LoEG! The_Trickster.0.0.0x0.280x280

The trickster (The flash tv series)

Last edited by shining knight on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed palpatine)

11Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:58 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Very cool. Everyone is straying from literary, pretty much right off the bat. Figured that'd happen, but these lists have been pretty neat. I love imagining them side by side...most of them, anyway.

12Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now have a team of six as I realised there was no way I could have palpatine co existing with the others in my list

(it is a long time ago in a galaxy far,far away after all)

13Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:02 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys don't know the meaning of the word 'literary', do you?

Knize's team is amazing. What a great mash-up of rogues, villains, and assholes.

14Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

meh. In response to the lack of literary lists. We're nerds, we do that kind of stuff all the time, but rarely with books lol.

15Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:15 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

try finding some literary tricksters that don't appear in comics....

Incidently I nearly had reynard the fox until I realised he isn't quite evil enough

16Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:16 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well you get a pass, I'm pretty sure they don't have books in Scotland.

17Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:24 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

heh

yeah we don't really have any major authors coming from my part of the world

we don't have anyone like Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle or Ian rankin or Irvin welsh or J. M. Barrie or Robert Louis Stevenson

18Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

MillionDollarGeek wrote:Im still stuck on Pennywise... DAMN YOU Knize!!!

I made my list at about 2 AM....it was quite difficult to surf through pages and pages of Pennywise images without getting a little spooked.

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Very cool. Everyone is straying from literary, pretty much right off the bat. Figured that'd happen, but these lists have been pretty neat. I love imagining them side by side...most of them, anyway.

Mine are all literary....
neutral

I busted my ass trying to find a group of 7 characters from the same "era", too.

19Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:59 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I saw that other lists had not only literary characters, so I thought "If the rules are already broken, then why the heck not?" The other team at least had three of its members based on literature.

And Matt, sadly there was already a filmed version of Charlie McGee as an adult and it wasn't Drew Barrymore.
Make your own LoEG! Firestarter02

20Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh Jesus Christ what is that?

Oh and my team is gathered around 1997.

21Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and lets do any category, they just have to be the same. My first team was literary, but I think I'm going to do a TV team.

22Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

It was a TV movie continuing Charlie's adventures as an adult, coming to terms with her past and taking down the government project that ruined her life. Malcolm McDowell made a fool of himself for taking part in it.

23Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jack Bauer
Make your own LoEG! Jack-bauer

Ben Linus
Make your own LoEG! Benjamin-linus

Buffy Summers
Make your own LoEG! 10

Dr. Dana Scully
Make your own LoEG! Dana_Scully_closeup_with_glasses

Dr. Walter. Bishop
]Make your own LoEG! Fringe-waltbishop

Claire Bennet
Make your own LoEG! The-new-claire-bennet

24Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's a pretty cool one. Chris Carter-verse, Whedon-verse, Heroes-verse, and the...Abbrams-verse, I guess I'll say. Those alone are great.

Silent K wrote:
Mine are all literary....
neutral

I busted my ass trying to find a group of 7 characters from the same "era", too.
But...they're not from the same era. I think maybe 3 are in the same era, roughly, but that's about it. Tinker Bell, Artful Dodger, and maybe QueeQuag.

25Make your own LoEG! Empty Re: Make your own LoEG! Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Does Ben manipulate them all to work with/for him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum