Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 17]

176The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

The Destroyer costume - as distorted as the image was - looked fine to me, true to the original but cooler. But yeah, the Thor one is much better.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

177The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now if Loki looks something like this...

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 1267470652

I'll be a very happy camper.

178The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm gonna need to change my undies. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

179The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

They need to base Loki on the mini-series from a few years back.

180The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:I'm gonna need to change my undies. Very Happy

I love you

181The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's not the best picture to judge the costume on, but I like what I see; it's promising.

182The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

riv1 wrote:A little Power Ranger-ish IMO. But, i am reserving judgement till i see him moving around!
I see what you're saying. Just the arms, though. Have to see motion before I judge. The Green Goblin's was like that, but it didn't bother me once that film got going. Actually thought of it as practical before films end. Hope it's the case for Thor. (It is based on fantastical story elements, so it may work better. I believed in mythril, I can believe in Asguardian armor, damnit. :P)

183The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat May 01, 2010 12:51 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:They need to base Loki on the mini-series from a few years back.
oh yeah! Wink

184The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat May 01, 2010 12:57 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:They need to base Loki on the mini-series from a few years back.
oh yeah! Wink

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Loki1

Esad Ribic ftw! yes

185The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Supposed unofficial set photo of The Destroyer. I see someone else alredy posted this pic, and a better one at that on page 8 I believe.
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Zz265b2474-550x309-1

186The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 12:04 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Warren can you please use a spoiler tag. some of us want some surprises when we see the movie.

187The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 1:28 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

^^What are you living under a rock SV, it's all over the www, along with the pics of what the lead actor in his Thor costume Rolling Eyes This isn't a spoiler in my opinion, since it's just a pic and not an important piece of the plot Wink

188The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:^^What are you living under a rock SV, it's all over the www, along with the pics of what the lead actor in his Thor costume Rolling Eyes This isn't a spoiler in my opinion, since it's just a pic and not an important piece of the plot Wink
I don't live under a rock and I'd never seen it until it just got posted. I don't see why it's such a big deal to ask someone to use spoiler tags when posting images from a movie that hasn't been released.

189The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Please be civil, everyone. Adding spoiler tags isn't much of a problem, so in order to satisfy everyone - let's use them in the future.

190The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

The_Donster wrote:^^What are you living under a rock SV, it's all over the www, along with the pics of what the lead actor in his Thor costume Rolling Eyes This isn't a spoiler in my opinion, since it's just a pic and not an important piece of the plot Wink

I also don't really see how this is a spoiler, especially when you're probably going to see him in the eventual trailer anyway. But then again, maybe seeing him before the trailer is spoiler for some people. But anyway, whatever, I'll put spoiler tags up in the future.

191The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the support.

192The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 8:26 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
I don't live under a rock and I'd never seen it until it just got posted. I don't see why it's such a big deal to ask someone to use spoiler tags when posting images from a movie that hasn't been released.

I don't understand why one would use spoilers in a thread that is devoted to discussion and such about the movie in the first place. Something seems greatly amiss. Such information is a given in such a thread. Add that there are numerous articles on the web on this costume floating about, asking for spoilers on this is like asking for the whole thread, content and all, to be spoiler-tagged. It's not like the ending is being given away.

If one does not want to run into this type of information, then one should not go out of his/her way to come into this thread. Pretty simple, really.

193The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 9:22 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Use spoiler tags. Pretty simple, really.

194The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 9:42 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Use spoiler tags. Pretty simple, really.

Since it is clear cut what needs to be in spoiler-tags and what doesn't. One might as well put everything in spoiler tags then. Asking they be used at one's own discretion is silly since everyone has a different level of discretion.

If a person doesn't want to find out about something, they should not be in that thread in the first place.

195The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

If you want to keep this place nice, use spoiler tags when it involves something inherently spoilery. This thread is not tagged "SPOILERS", so no, one should not have to assume that when they enter this thread that a significant character and plot point not yet announced officially will possibly be ruined for them.

196The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

That pic of the Destroyer just makes me think "'Tis but a flesh wound."

197The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon May 03, 2010 4:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Hah! Good call. I can't help but see that now.

198The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:If you want to keep this place nice, use spoiler tags when it involves something inherently spoilery.

What is inherently "spoilery"? Everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a spoiler.

Consider: I spoiler-tag a picture (like Destroyer), but each comment after that about the picture is not spoiler-tagged. Comments after mine each comment on Destroyer, saying things like "Yup. That's the Destroyer." Then what was the point of the spoiler? That means that those comments should be in spoilers then. We'll have a thread, mostly spoiler-tagged because one or two people live under a rock. That makes soooo much sense.

Silent K wrote:
This thread is not tagged "SPOILERS", so no, one should not have to assume that when they enter this thread that a significant character and plot point not yet announced officially will possibly be ruined for them.

And that's the issue. These things have been announced already. Pop is one of the slowest places when it comes to finding news and most often, these things have been in circulation for days. I don't fault anyone for that but that's just how it is.

Also, a person is kidding himself thinking that all discussion on something will be held in spoilers because even if the original information is held in spoilers, all other discussion connected to it most likely won't, unless the whole thing will be in spoilers. Again, we might as well use spoiler tags for everything outside of bad sex jokes. A whole thread spoiler-tagged except bad sex jokes and the occasional dispute. People complain about having to scroll down to read a post but are fine with spoiler tags that slow down quick access to information in a thread. It seems stupid. The stupid: It fucking burns. Laughing

I can understand spoiler-tagging things like the ending, but spoiler-tagging characters and appearances and such is silly. If one does not want to know about something, stay out of the thread. No one is forcing you to come here then. If you did not come here for info, then what did you come into the thread for? hmm

It doesn't make sense, really. It seems like some sort of silly accomodation for cave-dwellers. In the end, it's whatever. I simply don't see the point.

199The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 12:57 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Spoiler:

200The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the main thing is that a picture is different than just text, Wade. A lot of people might come in here for non-spoiler stuff like casting news and such so they might just casually scroll through. They might see that pic for only a split second while scrolling down and it can spoil something for them, not the case with text where you have to actually read it. I hear what you're saying though about somewhat expecting things like that in a thread like this, but generally I think spoiler tagging leaked pics is the way to go.

In terms of that Destroyer pic, it's all over various sites now but it could still be considered a spoiler cuz there was no official mention or confirmation that it would be in this movie until that pic was released. That's why Marvel tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to have it taken down, they probably wanted to save it for a trailer or something, possibly at San Diego Comic Con.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum