Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

201The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:26 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Just saw the new images..dang. Pretty awesome stuff. I better make sure the Walt Simonson, JMS vol 2, and that Matt Fraction storyarc are on the way.

As for the Destroyer, how do you guys think it's gonna be used? I think it'll be like that time Odin wore it to put Thor in his place.

Also, I have a slight wish for this movie that most likely isn't going to happen: Jack Kirby marked his place on a lot of Marvel characters, but Thor most of all IMO. Could we see an attempt at the Kirby crackle?

202The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:30 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I think the main thing is that a picture is different than just text, Wade. A lot of people might come in here for non-spoiler stuff like casting news and such so they might just casually scroll through. They might see that pic for only a split second while scrolling down and it can spoil something for them, not the case with text where you have to actually read it. I hear what you're saying though about somewhat expecting things like that in a thread like this, but generally I think spoiler tagging leaked pics is the way to go.

In terms of that Destroyer pic, it's all over various sites now but it could still be considered a spoiler cuz there was no official mention or confirmation that it would be in this movie until that pic was released. That's why Marvel tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to have it taken down, they probably wanted to save it for a trailer or something, possibly at San Diego Comic Con.

I understand that but it still seems silly. In any case, I discuss movies on other sites but it bothers me to see people pitch a fit over spoilers and such on this site, especially when some people are well-meaning, esepcially when spoilers themselves are silly. Oh well.

203The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:42 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:I think the main thing is that a picture is different than just text, Wade. A lot of people might come in here for non-spoiler stuff like casting news and such so they might just casually scroll through. They might see that pic for only a split second while scrolling down and it can spoil something for them, not the case with text where you have to actually read it. I hear what you're saying though about somewhat expecting things like that in a thread like this, but generally I think spoiler tagging leaked pics is the way to go.

In terms of that Destroyer pic, it's all over various sites now but it could still be considered a spoiler cuz there was no official mention or confirmation that it would be in this movie until that pic was released. That's why Marvel tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to have it taken down, they probably wanted to save it for a trailer or something, possibly at San Diego Comic Con.

I understand that but it still seems silly. In any case, I discuss movies on other sites but it bothers me to see people pitch a fit over spoilers and such on this site, especially when some people are well-meaning, esepcially when spoilers themselves are silly. Oh well.

I hear ya buddy. I don't even think this Destroyer pic was a huge "spoiler" or anything either, but I do understand how some could. If it was something more plot/surprise revealing then I probably would have been annoyed lol. In the end I don't think this was a biggie.

204The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:42 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

And I'm saying, "Spoiler your shit."

The End.

205The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:44 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Also, I have a slight wish for this movie that most likely isn't going to happen: Jack Kirby marked his place on a lot of Marvel characters, but Thor most of all IMO. Could we see an attempt at the Kirby crackle?

I will wet myself if we do. That's a promise.

206The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:55 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:And I'm saying, "Spoiler your shit."

The End.

Spoiler:
Laughing

Alright, now I'm done. Laughing

207The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 1:58 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I will wet myself if we do. That's a promise.

Thanks for letting me know. Laughing Really hope it's gonna happen (I mean the Kirby crackle..not you wetting yourself, Laughing ). I mean, has Kirby ever gotten a reference in a movie yet?

208The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Silent K wrote:And I'm saying, "Spoiler your shit."

The End.

Spoiler:
Laughing

Alright, now I'm done. Laughing
lmao

209The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri May 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hemsworth on Thor
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101160-exclusive-chris-hemsworth-on-thor

SuperHeroHype: After the big build-up in "Iron Man 2," are you totally pumped for Thor to hit theaters next year?
Chris Hemsworth: Absolutely! I just finished shooting last Thursday, and saw "Iron Man 2" the other day--which I loved--and saw the tag at the end. I was with a bunch of mates and we all got kind of giddy watching it. I can’t wait! It was such an incredible four months shooting that film, and I think the film’s going to be fantastic.

SHH: We’ve finally seen you in the costume. How did it feel to have the Thor costume on – the very first time, and for four months?
Hemsworth: [Laugh] Yeah, right! Okay, exactly – I put the thing on and said "It’s not very comfortable, but it looks amazing, so it’s all good." And then a couple of weeks in, I thought "It’s getting more and more uncomfortable," and at the end of three, four months it was a pretty difficult thing to wake up and put on every morning. But it’s sells such an image in the picture. It does a lot of the work for you.

SHH: And what was your take on Thor – how did you see him, as you wanted to play him?
Hemsworth: We just kept trying to humanize it all, and keep it very real. Look into all the research about the comic books that we could, but also bring it back to "Who is this guy as a person, and what’s his relationship with people in the individual scenes?" And working with someone like Kenneth Branagh, who has all those bases covered and has so many ideas, it was a hell of a time!

SHH: And lots of hammer training.
Hemsworth: [Laughs] Oh yeah!

210The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri May 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Even better, video interview.

http://video.about.com/movies/Chris-Hemsworth-Thor.htm

211The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri May 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay so Colm Feore has a mysterious role in Thor that apparently took 5 hours of makeup...
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/05/12/colm-feore-thor-role/
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 493d1218967649-fotos-de-colm-feore-colm-feore

Many have guessed Malekith the Accursed, Ruler of the Dark Elves:
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 917855-malekith_large

Or even Surtur:
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 440px-Surtur1

But why keep it a secret? Maybe its somebody a little more outside the box if you will...Mephisto?

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 440px-Mephisto

Suspect

212The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sat May 15, 2010 1:53 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ymir perhaps?

213The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun May 30, 2010 1:35 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Check out the model of a certain character at the Marvel Studios offices Wink

Some fan posted it, most people know about the character by now but I guess I'll spoiler to be safe...
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marvelmovies/news/?a=18623
Spoiler:

214The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Official Thor movie logo??

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Thorfilm

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18667

They say it's a "reliable" source. neutral

215The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:48 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Official Thor movie logo??

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 12749310<--My face when I saw the logo.

It's glorious. I came This pleases me greatly.

I love the cosmic feel of the logo.

216The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

supervenom wrote:Ymir perhaps?
What about Laufey?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

217The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
supervenom wrote:Ymir perhaps?
What about Laufey?
oooh never thought of him. interesting theory Tomer. Wink

218The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:23 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 12749310<--My face when I saw the logo.

It's glorious. I came This pleases me greatly.

I love the cosmic feel of the logo.

Laughing Laughing Can't get enough of the new Roy Harper, he's gone mad!

But yeah I'm feelin the cosmicy goodness too. Hope it's real. unsure

219The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:00 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

http://io9.com/5554147/mighty-thor-debuts-his-full-movie-costume

Full costume huzzah. I'm at work so Im sure somebody will post pics since I can't

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

220The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here are the full costume concept pics!

http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/03/now-thor-concept-art-hits-the-web/

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Thor_concept_art_chris_hemsworth_01The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Thor_concept_art_chris_hemsworth_02

Everything looks great except the pants. neutral But remember these are just concept pics, and apparently everything looks much better and less shiny on film and in motion:

Drew McWeeny of HitFix, who’s been to the Thor set and viewed Hemsworth’s final costume tests, confirms that what we’re seeing is the actual design, but cautions that “there are several details about it that are ill-served by those images.”

“For one thing, it does not appear to be made of vinyl or plastic when you see the costume in context and in motion,” he writes. “I’m surprised by how disco-shiny those photos make him look, because that’s not at all what it looks like in the film. There’s a real cloth and metal feel to all of the costuming, especially the Asgardian stuff.”

“Look, these images weren’t meant for public consumption,” McWeeny continues. “If you’re looking at these and thinking, ‘Oh, man, they got him totally wrong,’ relax. The world of Thor is big and rich and surprising, and I think once people actually see moving footage, they’re going to let go of any minor issues they have with button sizes or color palettes.”

221The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wowowowow.....uuUUUuUUUUUUggggaaaaaa.....crap, i need a clean up crew.

222The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The full costume looks so freaking impressive. I am so jazzed for this. I think I need to get Walt Simonson's Thor in trade.

Bigtymin504 wrote:^Even better, video interview.

http://video.about.com/movies/Chris-Hemsworth-Thor.htm

He sounds like a good guy and I am now even more jazzed for this movie.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Official Thor movie logo??

It looks "EPIC". I love it.

223The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First footage and production stills!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18958

Shocked I came.

224The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Odin

Odin's beard, he looks awesome!

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture edit)

225The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm starting to get REALLY excited for this movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum