Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Thor' Thread

+47
goatt
Gojiratoho
Gandicles
Foxy
Denim
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Astro13Zombie
vikoros
krpykrwly
Lee
Batman25JM
colossus1979
The_Donster
Warren_Worthington IV
Sapphire Gypsy
riv1
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
kreepfan
Airwolf
Mnemosis
rwe1138
Spazzy
Paroxysm
G_Zatara
jaydee74
Foreigner_Man
Thundermatts
gangsternerd
TENIME_art
supervenom
Fresh03
dmahoney
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Joshua
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
superdoug
Rath99
Bigtymin504
Sandman
Nymn
Aussiemandias
shining knight
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Administrator
51 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

226The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

the eye patch looks lame...

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

227The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:56 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I'm thinking those guys that Thor is fighting look like SHIELD agents. Perhaps there's some sort of misunderstanding between Thor and SHIELD initially while Thor tries to recover Mjolnir on Earth. Then ultimately they both end up on the same page in time for Avengers. Wink

Also, Heimdall looks epic.
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Heimdall

228The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Thoughts:
-First off I have to say that it's nice seeing Kevin Branagh in a recent interview.
-Chris really looks like a dude from Norse mythology.
-Anthony Thomkins' Odin looks cool. I was hoping for Brian Blessed as Odin (or Volstagg), but Hannibal definitely looks the part.
-I don't know how I feel 'bout the design. On one side I love how the room Odin, Thor, and Heimdall are standing in looks like Kirby's stuff, but on the other there's not enough medieval for me. It looks a bit too Steampunk-ish.
-Thor shouldn't be wearing leather pants. I know it's a silly problem, but he's a Norse god and it just bothers me. I also hope the studio isn't afraid to give Thor his helmet..it can be pulled off.
-Heimdall looks more like Loki than Heimdall to me, I'm sure Alba will be great though.

Looks good, can't wait for more info.

229The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Kenneth Branagh and Anthony Hopkins.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

230The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Well that's embarassing! Laughing I especially can't believe I put 'Kevin' instead of 'Kenneth.' That's what I get for not having coffee in the morning. Thanks for catching me on that.

231The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sif in action!
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19053

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Thor002
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Summer10018
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Summer10017

232The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

First look at Sif

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Sifthor

233The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Warrior's Three costume details:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=19258

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Warioirs3ocmbined

On Joshua Dallas in costume as Fandral "the Dashing", ‘IndustryKiller’ says...
Fandral was dressed straight up Errol FLynn. A dark greenish blue, if I recall correctly, but it's some kind of blue hue color scheme. (Like Thor) he also has a cape and long sleeves. His hair is blonde like the comic and he also has the classic swashbuckler facial hair.

On Tadanobu Asano in costume as Hogun "the Grim"
Hogun (was) straight up Mongol, a dark blue (color scheme), whose armor has an almost samurai hint to it but there are no hanging cloths or leather like the comic. I didn't see a mongul helmet either as he had pulled back kind of samurai looking hair, nor does he have facial hair.

On Ray Stevenson in costume as Volstagg "the Valiant"
Volstagg, is a taller Ray Stevenson complete with fake fat suit and long ginger hair and beard, he looks pretty awesome. His suit is a maroonish red and it looks a little more like armor than the other two.

234The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:22 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 579f05ea1bbbe9a530bc83e3970d5b8a

http://www.leerodriguez.net

235The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^ Wow, that is nice.

Love the Kirby influence.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

236The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:38 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

EPIC - cant wait to see the movie!

237The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:58 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Very Kirby.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

238The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's a bit larger version:

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 6a00d8341c630a53ef0134856c4cac970c-pi

WOW they look fantastic! Very Kirby, like you guys said. Thor looks badass with Mjolnir in hand, and Loki already looks mischievous. They will look even better on film. I just hope they all wear their patented head gear at some point in the film. happy

239The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I think the still picture looks ok (just ok), but the armor just doesn't look like it will film well. With the previous Thor picture, i'm thinking this could end up being unintentionally funny and highly campy, a huge risk when trying to decide how to handle superheroes' costumes.

240The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2010/07/thor-3d-captain-america-3d-comiccon-marvel-studios.html

Director Kenneth Branagh told the L.A. Times that he was initially hesitant to go 3-D on Thor because he felt it was all "math and physics" and way over his head, but he warmed to the idea:

"We came to feel that in our case 3-D could be the very good friend of story and character for a different kind of experience.

"It's another draft of the story that can reveal itself in a different way," he said. "I had a healthy degree of skepticism up front ... I've become somebody extremely excited about working with possibilities of doing it this way.

"A pretty careful conversation is what we've been having for quite some time about what we know has to be the most sensible decision: Is it led by story? Can this offer a different type of experience and exploit what we have in the story? It absolutely can ... we travel very long distances in the movie and the opportunity to export and exploit the journey of the hero is really offered up as a great potential enhancement here."

Thor stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Ray Stevenson, Rene Russo, Tadanobu Asano, Idris Elba and Sir Anthony Hopkins.

Thor opens May 6, 2011!

It seems like they know what they're doing with the 3D, unlike some recent post-Avatar films. Asgard could look amazing in 3D if done right.

241The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:13 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I'd kind of like to see the Loki costume be a little bit more over-the-top. Not necessarily the giant horns, just something to make him look a bit more garish and insane.

242The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:41 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Bigtymin504 wrote:I just hope they all wear their patented head gear at some point in the film. happy

I dunno. I've never cared for Loki's horn-hat. I don't know if that would translate well to film.

As for 3D, I'm not a big fan, but the idea of the Asgard scenes being 3D, with the rest of the flick in 2D, is pretty cool.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

243The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:I just hope they all wear their patented head gear at some point in the film. happy

I dunno. I've never cared for Loki's horn-hat. I don't know if that would translate well to film.

As for 3D, I'm not a big fan, but the idea of the Asgard scenes being 3D, with the rest of the flick in 2D, is pretty cool.

I love Loki's hat! It's his signature trait. I think they could tweak it a bit and make it work on film. The fact that Heimdall is wearing this...
The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Heimdall
gives me hope. yes

As far as 3D goes, I'm not a huge fan either now that Hollywood is exploiting it. But I do think it works great in certain circumstance, Thor probably being one of them. Not sure about Cap though.

Plus, for the time being it seems that if you want your movie to make the most amount of money it can, 3D is a must. All the top grossing films lately are in 3D, so I'm sure that weighed heavily in their decision.

244The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they've tried to stay as accurate as possible with the costume design. that does give me hope as well.

245The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm slightly worried, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

246The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Thorandodinmag

^Thor looks friggin awesome.

247The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ask and I shall receive! Very Happy

From the LA Times.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20200

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 13790L
Caption: Thor kneels before Odin (Hopkins) as Loki (Hiddleston), left, Frigga (Rene Russo), Hogun (Tadanobu Asano) and Fandral (Josh Dallas) stand on the steps

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

248The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. that's quite the setting. I'm getting more optimistic.

249The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 13790L

^Hm is that the Odinsword behind Odin's throne? Giggity. big grin

250The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official 'Thor' Thread Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:12 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:The Official 'Thor' Thread - Page 10 13790L
Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum