Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films

+15
Spaced4SimonPegg
Matt
gangsternerd
Goose
MillionDollarGeek
Debaser77
comicgeekelly
prescribeddrone
blue halo
shining knight
Administrator
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Combo Mo
ChrisToPhenom
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
Agreed...The Hangover was the best comedy I've watched in the last few years.

Same here.

27I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Newer movies tend to drop off the Top 250 after a while.

28I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

Maybe it was because so many people said it was hilarious and I had too high expectations, but The Hangover was terrible for me. I think 40-Year Old Virgin is a better comedy.

29I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:42 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

agreed

30I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:57 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was surprised also seeing The Hangover so high also-it must be awesome.

31I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I've seen about 165 of them

The Hangover was good but there are a lot better movies out there. Hidden Fortress didn't even make the list

32I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:19 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

Matt wrote:I've seen about 165 of them

The Hangover was good but there are a lot better movies out there. Hidden Fortress didn't even make the list

I would have to say that Hidden Fortress is one of Akira Kurosawa's weaker samurai movies. Rashoman, Yojimbo, and Seven Samurai made the list. Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More shouldn't really be on the list.

33I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Goose wrote:
Matt wrote:I've seen about 165 of them

I would have to say that Hidden Fortress is one of Akira Kurosawa's weaker samurai movies. Rashoman, Yojimbo, and Seven Samurai made the list. Fistful Of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More shouldn't really be on the list.

True but it still is a masterpiece and much better film then the hangover. where would Star Wars be if Hidden fortress didn't exist?

34I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:13 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I know it's just an arbitrary list, but where the hell's The Hurt Locker? I have yet to see a better film all year.

35I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good Luck...I have seen 92 of them..I know i have no life Laughing

36I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

Debaser77 wrote:I know it's just an arbitrary list, but where the hell's The Hurt Locker? I have yet to see a better film all year.

Yes! I had to trick my friends by saying this is the best movie featuring a robot this year, and this was the year Transformers 2 came out.

37I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Out of the Top 250, I've seen 59 (I'm going to have to make time for Oldboy), and out of the crap list, I've seen 1: Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2. It was HORRIBLE. I remember watching it on some weekend when there was nothing on and wondered if this was a real movie or what. It deserves that top spot. I shudder to think about it.

38I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Goose wrote:Maybe it was because so many people said it was hilarious and I had too high expectations, but The Hangover was terrible for me. I think 40-Year Old Virgin is a better comedy.

I think you're the only person I know of that said it was horrible. But to each his own.

The Hangover was the only movie I've ever seen in a theater twice. I'm getting it the day it comes out on dvd for sure. If I had the time, I'd go see it again.

39I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 pm

darth__frodo

darth__frodo
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I printed the list so I'll add some to my Netflix queue. I realized I've seen most of these already. Some of them I started to watch but fell asleep because we started watching them too late. I'll have to re-watch those. Smile

40I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I'm going to have to make time for Oldboy

Oldboy is AMAZING!

41I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 am

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

The whole vengeance trilogy is great, but if I were to rank them:

1. Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
2. Oldboy
3. Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance

42I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:32 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I just saw it on local television and used to be on the IMDb 250 list with it's 8.0/10 rating of 87,275 votes. Though it wasn't on the list, it used to be and it's a very good film and I'd recommend to any music fan. Not a review but I thought I would mention this cool piece or cinema-I'll order a Blu-ray on payday.

43I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:02 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!

44I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!
Ha! Laughing

I'm on drugs!

45I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:47 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I just saw it on local television and used to be on the IMDb 250 list with it's 8.0/10 rating of 87,275 votes. Though it wasn't on the list, it used to be and it's a very good film and I'd recommend to any music fan. Not a review but I thought I would mention this cool piece or cinema-I'll order a Blu-ray on payday.
Great film...I've watched it a few times and enjoy it every time.

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes:

46I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:10 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Great film indeed. It's greatest achievement was making me like an Elton John song (see above).

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

47I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:42 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I just saw it on local television and used to be on the IMDb 250 list with it's 8.0/10 rating of 87,275 votes. Though it wasn't on the list, it used to be and it's a very good film and I'd recommend to any music fan. Not a review but I thought I would mention this cool piece or cinema-I'll order a Blu-ray on payday.
Great film...I've watched it a few times and enjoy it every time.

One of my all-time favorite movie scenes:

2nded.

48I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have not touched my Blu-ray of The Shawshank Redemption yet-I felt it would be cool I'd start with the newer top films to get them out of the way.

I just reserved The Hangover and watched it on my friend's laptop. Yes, I'm most of the time scared to download a film even if I placed a order-he makes fun of me about that... I could have seen it at the theaters since it's still playing but I didn't want to travel so far at a select mall.

Anyway, The Hangover is hilarious! I thought Superbad or Harold & Kumar Goes to White Castle were unbeatable but this film proves it's one of the top comedies revolving around a night or day of crazy sh-t. One thing I appreciate from the film is the unforgettable ending-I won't spoil anything but lets say, films like this usually end with the characters showing their true feelings about each other which The Hangover did do but right after, a unforgettable moment shows up. One I haven't really seen so it has to be my favorite conclusion from what I remember. The movie would have done well even without it which brings me to this.

I'm a bit surprised a sequel is in the works and in my opinion, it's like Fight Club getting one-an original classic but I'm predicting the sequel will take place of that night which would technically make it a prequel but I think if the sequel isn't with a new cast, this would be the best idea instead of the second time around with the same gang unless they can make it charming.

I already see people saying the rating, 8.1 of over 70,000 votes is too high (trust me, it'll slowly fall down to 7.9 sadly) but I think this is a great comedy to come out in a while. If you haven't seen it yet, Redbox is your friend on December 15th.

I'm leaving now to catch a show to watch Zombieland right now-I'll be back in a few hours. Wink - CTP

49I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, I went to go see Zombieland last night and this was a treat giving the fact I wait for the Blu-ray release or rental more times than than seeing it's trailer and TV spot's thinking, "Iwannaseedat!".

Zombieland is freedom. Have you ever played Dead Rising? It's as entertaining to watch as playing Dead Rising and that's a fun game. What Zombieland has in common with that game is using everything around you to survive the horde of zombies to come. Usually, zombie films wears their story thin with finding a cure and conspiracy but Zombieland is all about the survivor's lifestyle they'll have to live with. It also doesn't take itself too seriously-killing zombies and fighting for you're life can have it's humor.

The film really puts the rules we all have heard to follow whenever...if ever there is an outbreak into the appreciation they deserve like, "Cardio"-you have to be quick and I hate to say it but how many obesity people will you see surviving the chases of zombies? Than we have "No Attachments or Don't Be a Hero"-it's a tough one but you can't have attachments but like Columbus said, some rules are meant to be broken. "Check the Back Seat"-you never know if something is planning to eat you in the seat you have ater your Happy Meals and last but not least, one of my favorites is "Enjoy the Little Things"-in order to survive, you'll have loot a neighborhood, trash a car, steal a ride in order to survive and not only does it feel good but worth it...even if it's a Twinkie your looking for. :P

Though not as admirable if in reality, if there's anything better than zombies, it's zombies that run. Maybe not as fast and accurate as you but they will try to open up your car door and do whatever it takes to eat you like they're on fire...it's the D.o.S. (Death of Stumbling).

I can't wait for the sequel but until than, if you haven't seen this film yet, I'd actually pay you to because it's an awesome thrill ride. One last thing I would like to point out is even though see wreck vehicles or places trashed, the world doesn't seem like it was hit by a nuclear bomb and that is what makes you giddy when you see the survivors find a Hostess truck because it's their for the taking. Freedom.

I don't know about you but the rules of surviving a zombie apocalypse not only help makes it a great film but it'll be nice for you to learn also. This is ChrisToPhenom saying goodnight from Zombieland.

P.S.: Emma Stone... wub

50I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Watching IMDb's Top 250 Films Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:44 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I just got done watching District 9 and I have to say, "Epic". I've said that for many movies and television shows but this film is one of the few that actually deserves it. District 9 breaks through already looked through barriers and gets out to show how it feels. It pretty much put the alien stereotypes in the trash can and sees it in a new light and that is what makes it so special.

So a large spaceship (no close to huge as Independence Day's ship, by the way) stops above Johannesburg, South Africa-that's a win right there. As the interviewees explained-it could have stopped above Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or anywhere in America but it stopped above South Africa. The reason I like that is because I think we're a little tired of of what America would do...freak out! So would anybody else on earth but I love the setting of the film because it shows a raw view that we couldn't get from America-it would look too glamorous.

District 9 shows aliens in a new light-these visitors were actually scared of us, not planning to invade but hoping we would take the first move after a few months of the aircraft not moving a bulge. It makes us think that these creatures actually needed help and a new planet to live on because who knew what they went through where they came from. I'm sure they didn't want to appear with a blast because they didn't know what we were packing ourselves.

So our new visitors are living among us on Earth after 28 years-the whole planet is watching and all of a sudden, little things like the cultural clash we have today is nothing against what just came from space. I love how the film shows expresses itself in a documentary way telling the story of Wikus van de Merwe, a MNU field operative who gets caught between the two. I won't spoil anything major but lets say, sometimes in order to find a light around a thing of controversy, you have to experience it yourself. I'm going to wrap things up and say war may be declared on humanity.

District is very original-I don't think I've seen a film exactly like this before and if there is one out there, I believe it pulled things off in a way people hasn't seen before...at least in this way. It's seems a sequel is in talk, one of the writers, Neill Blomkamp hinted that it will probably happen and if fans want it, he'd love to do it. Until than-this is good cinema.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum