Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So. I read Green Lantern/Plastic Man: Weapons of Mass Deception one-shot. It was......interesting to say the least. The interaction between Plastic Man and Hal was pretty cool and the story itself wasn't all that bad. I really like Brent's work in Astro City and while I loved the art for the most part in this issue, I wasn't a huge fan of how Hal was drawn. Not horrible but just needed to get used to it after seeing him drawn by Doug Mahnke. Still, I liked it.

327Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Like some, I guessed who the villain was in G.L. #60 as well. Another solid issue! Once again Alf kicked ass lol!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

328Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm very interested to see what happens when you -know-who collects all the entities. Should be awesome.

329Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:43 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #60

This was decent, but honestly, I didn't love it. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just wasn't that into it.

330Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great swerve on the mystery man reveal! Didn't see that coming at all, and it's nice to see the character used in a different way for once

331Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #60

This was decent, but honestly, I didn't love it. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just wasn't that into it.

I'm with you. That being said, an okay GL is still better than most comics out there! For me, this story is just started to drag a bit. I think the whole pace of it is a bit off.

332Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

333Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Trinity (*shudder*) he was basically destroyed and encased within the earth since he essentially ignited the Big Bang (thus the irony of him researching himself). So perhaps now that the "Life" guardian has been disturbed from it's slumber inside the earth, it also revived Krona as well, but in almost a healing phase.

334Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Trinity (*shudder*) he was basically destroyed and encased within the earth since he essentially ignited the Big Bang (thus the irony of him researching himself). So perhaps now that the "Life" guardian has been disturbed from it's slumber inside the earth, it also revived Krona as well, but in almost a healing phase.

I like that theory. To take it a step further, maybe he needs the power of all the entities to bring him back to full power?

335Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Quite possibly. Good thinking

336Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:29 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

I like that theory. To take it a step further, maybe he needs the power of all the entities to bring him back to full power?

Good ideas guys. Krona is the perfect post-BN villain if you ask me. He could be game changer in a lot of ways.

337Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope to see Krona become a big baddie for this coming year. I've always liked him.

338Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I hope to see Krona become a big baddie for this coming year. I've always liked him.

Agreed. I thought his time to shine would have been during Trinity, but maybe he'll get a second chance here

339Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With Geoff Johns writing this, I hope so. I mean, we got the War of the Green Lanterns which will lead to the War of the Lanterns. I gotta hope to the skies above that Krona will be knee deep into this madness.

340Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Should be good times

341Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Well, if you like Atrocitus or the Spectre, then #61 is for you. I thought it was okay, but lacking something.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

342Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought this issue was fantastic. Atrocitus is an outstanding character who for me has become complex and deep and I'm glad this issue spotlights him and was a very good rage issue. I also like the inclusion of the Spectre. It's a very good one and done issue if you ask me.

343Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

There's always going to be a polarizing of followers when it comes to Green Lantern: those enjoying the vast, cultivating universe of the Lantern spectrum, and those who simply want Hal Jordan, all to themselves.

There's no Hal in this issue.

Yet it's titled Green Lantern.

If you've been following since Blackest Night and have become a fan of nearly every issue since, you won't be disappointed. If you started with Secret Origin (or Rebirth) you'll be disappointed that this story of proper morality bloodlust takes up all of 22 pages. At least DC offers a "free" sneak preview of the film afterwards.

Mahnke "won" by award for Best DC Artist of 2010. I know Batwoman and Flashpoint are on the horizon, but telling by this work it's not going to be easy for anyone to surpass his detailed dexterity.

GL #61 = 3.5/5 = another enjoyable issue

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

344Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was an amazing Atrocitus issue and I say this as someone who wants to see Hal every issue. This was a fantastic issue.

345Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I enjoyed seeing some more character development for Atrocitus as well

346Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ I enjoyed seeing some more character development for Atrocitus as well
He's a deep character who isn't just about rage. He wants justice for his people and he's got a vendetta against Krona which is going to be very interesting down the line.

347Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got into GL through Secret Origin and I liked it.

348Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I thought this issue was fantastic. Atrocitus is an outstanding character who for me has become complex and deep and I'm glad this issue spotlights him and was a very good rage issue. I also like the inclusion of the Spectre. It's a very good one and done issue if you ask me.

Completely agree. It was excellent and Mahnke's art as usual was just top notch. Interested to know more about the history between The Butcher and The Spectre.

349Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #61

I loved this issue. I'm a big fan of Atrocitus. He's hands down my favorite new character that Johns created. It was great to see his character deepened even more.

The art was beautiful. Mahnke is fantastic.

350Green Lantern - Page 14 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Everything about this book is just spot on for me. I am very curious to see what will become of Atrocitus when his "holy crusade" is over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum