The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 15]

326 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:53 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
So. I read Green Lantern/Plastic Man: Weapons of Mass Deception one-shot. It was......interesting to say the least. The interaction between Plastic Man and Hal was pretty cool and the story itself wasn't all that bad. I really like Brent's work in Astro City and while I loved the art for the most part in this issue, I wasn't a huge fan of how Hal was drawn. Not horrible but just needed to get used to it after seeing him drawn by Doug Mahnke. Still, I liked it.

View user profile

327 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:18 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Like some, I guessed who the villain was in G.L. #60 as well. Another solid issue! Once again Alf kicked ass lol!

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

328 Re: Green Lantern on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm very interested to see what happens when you -know-who collects all the entities. Should be awesome.

View user profile

329 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:43 am

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Green Lantern #60

This was decent, but honestly, I didn't love it. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just wasn't that into it.

View user profile

330 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:33 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Great swerve on the mystery man reveal! Didn't see that coming at all, and it's nice to see the character used in a different way for once

View user profile

331 Re: Green Lantern on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 am

Aussiemandias

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #60

This was decent, but honestly, I didn't love it. I can't really put my finger on why, but I just wasn't that into it.

I'm with you. That being said, an okay GL is still better than most comics out there! For me, this story is just started to drag a bit. I think the whole pace of it is a bit off.

View user profile

332 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Bigtymin504

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

View user profile

333 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:49 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Trinity (*shudder*) he was basically destroyed and encased within the earth since he essentially ignited the Big Bang (thus the irony of him researching himself). So perhaps now that the "Life" guardian has been disturbed from it's slumber inside the earth, it also revived Krona as well, but in almost a healing phase.

View user profile

334 Re: Green Lantern on Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:51 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Trinity (*shudder*) he was basically destroyed and encased within the earth since he essentially ignited the Big Bang (thus the irony of him researching himself). So perhaps now that the "Life" guardian has been disturbed from it's slumber inside the earth, it also revived Krona as well, but in almost a healing phase.

I like that theory. To take it a step further, maybe he needs the power of all the entities to bring him back to full power?

View user profile

335 Re: Green Lantern on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:37 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ Quite possibly. Good thinking

View user profile

336 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:29 am

Bigtymin504

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:GL # 60 was good. The reveal at the end was great...I wonder why the character was small Guardian-sized, everytime I've seen him he's been regular sized.

If I remember correctly, at the end of Trinity (*shudder*) he was basically destroyed and encased within the earth since he essentially ignited the Big Bang (thus the irony of him researching himself). So perhaps now that the "Life" guardian has been disturbed from it's slumber inside the earth, it also revived Krona as well, but in almost a healing phase.

I like that theory. To take it a step further, maybe he needs the power of all the entities to bring him back to full power?

Good ideas guys. Krona is the perfect post-BN villain if you ask me. He could be game changer in a lot of ways.

View user profile

337 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I hope to see Krona become a big baddie for this coming year. I've always liked him.

View user profile

338 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:05 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I hope to see Krona become a big baddie for this coming year. I've always liked him.

Agreed. I thought his time to shine would have been during Trinity, but maybe he'll get a second chance here

View user profile

339 Re: Green Lantern on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:14 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
With Geoff Johns writing this, I hope so. I mean, we got the War of the Green Lanterns which will lead to the War of the Lanterns. I gotta hope to the skies above that Krona will be knee deep into this madness.

View user profile

340 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ Should be good times

View user profile

341 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

rwe1138

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Well, if you like Atrocitus or the Spectre, then #61 is for you. I thought it was okay, but lacking something.


------------------------------------
Robert Eddleman
View user profile http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

342 Re: Green Lantern on Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:21 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I thought this issue was fantastic. Atrocitus is an outstanding character who for me has become complex and deep and I'm glad this issue spotlights him and was a very good rage issue. I also like the inclusion of the Spectre. It's a very good one and done issue if you ask me.

View user profile

343 Re: Green Lantern on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
There's always going to be a polarizing of followers when it comes to Green Lantern: those enjoying the vast, cultivating universe of the Lantern spectrum, and those who simply want Hal Jordan, all to themselves.

There's no Hal in this issue.

Yet it's titled Green Lantern.

If you've been following since Blackest Night and have become a fan of nearly every issue since, you won't be disappointed. If you started with Secret Origin (or Rebirth) you'll be disappointed that this story of proper morality bloodlust takes up all of 22 pages. At least DC offers a "free" sneak preview of the film afterwards.

Mahnke "won" by award for Best DC Artist of 2010. I know Batwoman and Flashpoint are on the horizon, but telling by this work it's not going to be easy for anyone to surpass his detailed dexterity.

GL #61 = 3.5/5 = another enjoyable issue

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

344 Re: Green Lantern on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:55 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This was an amazing Atrocitus issue and I say this as someone who wants to see Hal every issue. This was a fantastic issue.

View user profile

345 Re: Green Lantern on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:17 pm

LordD3r3k

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^ I enjoyed seeing some more character development for Atrocitus as well

View user profile

346 Re: Green Lantern on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:04 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LordD3r3k wrote:^ I enjoyed seeing some more character development for Atrocitus as well
He's a deep character who isn't just about rage. He wants justice for his people and he's got a vendetta against Krona which is going to be very interesting down the line.

View user profile

347 Re: Green Lantern on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:59 pm

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I got into GL through Secret Origin and I liked it.

View user profile

348 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Aussiemandias

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I thought this issue was fantastic. Atrocitus is an outstanding character who for me has become complex and deep and I'm glad this issue spotlights him and was a very good rage issue. I also like the inclusion of the Spectre. It's a very good one and done issue if you ask me.

Completely agree. It was excellent and Mahnke's art as usual was just top notch. Interested to know more about the history between The Butcher and The Spectre.

View user profile

349 Re: Green Lantern on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Batman25JM

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Green Lantern #61

I loved this issue. I'm a big fan of Atrocitus. He's hands down my favorite new character that Johns created. It was great to see his character deepened even more.

The art was beautiful. Mahnke is fantastic.

View user profile

350 Re: Green Lantern on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Everything about this book is just spot on for me. I am very curious to see what will become of Atrocitus when his "holy crusade" is over.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum