Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

176Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:36 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #52

Too late to review. Much like many of you, this issue reminded more of Blackest Night #7 with all its pretty pictures and actual lack of story. Sure, the origin of the entities was a nice touch, as was the FEW panels of WL Sinestro and Nekron. I just can't help but admit there was something missing. Oh yeah, that's right: it's Blackest Night #8. Bring it on!

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Exposition-hefty, enjoyably quick read.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

177Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:28 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I am curious though, was the rage entity born out of Cain killing Abel? That's what it seemed like, but with the other entities the creature that performed the act/emotion was the one to become the entity. If the rage entity was born out of Cain killing Abel wouldn't that mean that Cain would become the rage entity?
Good call. I was kinda like scratch when I saw the Rage entity too. Anyone get the reference there? On a side note on what the Spectre told Atrocious about having faced the Rage entity before, it makes some sense now if that was the first instance that God sent down His Spirit of Vengeance. Man, this is getting awfully religious lol.

Jherek wrote:Okay the way I read it was that the primal force of each emotion manifested as the avatar of that emotion not the creature itself (eg. Cain) For example the primal force released by greed in the Garden of Eden manifests as the Avarice avatar not from the snake itself. I admit this isn't clear from the beginning as the Ion avatar does appear to transfom from the tiny aomeba creature. It's always difficult to quantify abstract concepts visually but I think Johns and particularly Mahnke did an amazing job with this issue.

What intrigues me right now is how, if at all, the rage Avatar being born from the first murder (Cain and Abel) might connect with the whole Crime Bible hooha over in Batman's books. I hope Johns and Morrison have compared notes. Now that would be a crossover! Green Lantern - Page 8 334450

It's absolutely got to be connected to that Crime Bible stuff because................Vandal Savage is Cain!!!! I think the rage entity is in him (remember his flaming eyes) and did he or did he not recently face down the Spectre during Final Crisis: Revelations (using the Spear of Destiny)??!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked surprised surprised

I am freaking loving this!

Oh and #53 was pretty damn good too.

178Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I am curious though, was the rage entity born out of Cain killing Abel? That's what it seemed like, but with the other entities the creature that performed the act/emotion was the one to become the entity. If the rage entity was born out of Cain killing Abel wouldn't that mean that Cain would become the rage entity?
Good call. I was kinda like scratch when I saw the Rage entity too. Anyone get the reference there? On a side note on what the Spectre told Atrocious about having faced the Rage entity before, it makes some sense now if that was the first instance that God sent down His Spirit of Vengeance. Man, this is getting awfully religious lol.

Jherek wrote:Okay the way I read it was that the primal force of each emotion manifested as the avatar of that emotion not the creature itself (eg. Cain) For example the primal force released by greed in the Garden of Eden manifests as the Avarice avatar not from the snake itself. I admit this isn't clear from the beginning as the Ion avatar does appear to transfom from the tiny aomeba creature. It's always difficult to quantify abstract concepts visually but I think Johns and particularly Mahnke did an amazing job with this issue.

What intrigues me right now is how, if at all, the rage Avatar being born from the first murder (Cain and Abel) might connect with the whole Crime Bible hooha over in Batman's books. I hope Johns and Morrison have compared notes. Now that would be a crossover! Green Lantern - Page 8 334450

It's absolutely got to be connected to that Crime Bible stuff because................Vandal Savage is Cain!!!! I think the rage entity is in him (remember his flaming eyes) and did he or did he not recently face down the Spectre during Final Crisis: Revelations (using the Spear of Destiny)??!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked surprised surprised

I am freaking loving this!

Oh and #53 was pretty damn good too.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/dc-comics-f5/blackest-night-t359-440.htm#129305

Green Lantern - Page 8 Hannibal+I+Love+It+When+a+Plan+Comes+Together+A-Team_small

Laughing

179Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bugger! I thought I was on to something there. Thunder well and truly stolen. Laughing Anyway, it's still pretty nifty.

180Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Sorry, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Just rejoicing that everything seemed to be coming together in some fashion. I love it when things come together like this. I love it when a plan comes together. Laughing

181Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Laughing Sorry, I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Just rejoicing that everything seemed to be coming together in some fashion. I love it when things come together like this. I love it when a plan comes together. Laughing
Agreed! And the cool thing is it's all the same writers who've been working on this together so it's quite obviously a plan. Seriously comics can be so much fun when they're planned out like this. It's one of the strengths of comics which I think episodic television has only really grasped in more recent times.

182Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:So the Black Lanterns on the last page of #51, does anyone else get the feeling that those are all the heroes that will be resurrected post-Blackest Night? Obviously Supes and Green Arrow will be back to normal, but looks like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, and the Hawks are poised to return too. "DCU: Rebirth" if you will.
^Not like this was profound or anything but it's funny to look back on it lol. To me, these 5 heroes always seemed obvious to return and that last page just solidified it for me. Some of the other 7 ressurected seem like odd choices, but I guess we'll see the "whys" of it all in Brightest Day.

Also, the fact that there are 12 of them seems relevant to me... Suspect

183Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. Some mighty interesting things going on in this books. Just full of awesome.

184Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:33 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#53 was decent. The entity mystery is interesting. And Lex/Larfleeze is always gold.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

185Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#53 was decent. The entity mystery is interesting. And Lex/Larfleeze is always gold.
Your going to get more Lex and Larfleeze in the Superman books as well. I am very interested in who is collecting the entities. Should be interesting. Also the secret meeting between the three characters that I don't want to mention yet to avoid spoilers was really very interesting.

186Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#53 was good stuff.

Lex and Larfleeze= Gold.

187Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:#53 was good stuff.

Lex and Larfleeze= Gold.

Could that be the newest buddy team? I smell sitcom!

The Agent Orange and Baldy Show.

188Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:#53 was decent. The entity mystery is interesting. And Lex/Larfleeze is always gold.
Your going to get more Lex and Larfleeze in the Superman books as well. I am very interested in who is collecting the entities. Should be interesting. Also the secret meeting between the three characters that I don't want to mention yet to avoid spoilers was really very interesting.
yeah I was very interested in that and what has happened directly after blackest night!

I almost shit a brick when the guy said HE wrote the oath and that he had Paralax traped! i can't wait to see the "collection"

189Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

THAT had me so very curious. I am so jazzed by this.

190Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

jaydee74 wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:#53 was good stuff.

Lex and Larfleeze= Gold.

Could that be the newest buddy team? I smell sitcom!

The Agent Orange and Baldy Show.

Paging Itsjustsomerandomguy!

191Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
yeah I was very interested in that and what has happened directly after blackest night!

I almost shit a brick when the guy said HE wrote the oath and that he had Paralax traped! i can't wait to see the "collection"
I wonder if this is Appa Ali Apsa, the crazed Guaridan.
Green Lantern - Page 8 204918-124325-appa-ali-apsa_super

192Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 53 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=22189

I liked the issue overall, but the final page irked me greatly.

193Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #53 quite a bit. I was worried that it'd lose steam after Blackest Night, but this issue really reinvigorated my interest in the book.

I'm curious to see what Guy, Atrocitus, and Ganthet are up to, and why it would end Hal and Guy's friendship.

The mysterious figure at the beginning of the issue really has me intrigued.

I absolutely LOVE the cover to the issue. Mahnke's art is great. I LOVE his Atrocitus.

I didn't care about the things advertising the other GL titles on the last page. It didn't bug me in the slightest.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

194Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Sandman wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Nice call. I'm tempted to look for things to add to my "Conspiracy folder" Laughing . Hopefully I'll get some time to look over more things. I do feel that DC is utilizing their old stories masterfully and weaving so well into current stories. That fact that one can find clues in things written so long ago is wonderful.

195Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked #53 too. Good way to start off the post-BN GL-verse. The unholy alliance at the end has me intrigued, as well as the mystery guy in the beginning (seems like a good call by jaydee). The Hal and Carol stuff was okay, but for some reason I never fully bought into their relationship. Their scenes together always bore me.

196Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:33 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I liked issue #53 quite a bit. I was worried that it'd lose steam after Blackest Night, but this issue really reinvigorated I didn't care about the things advertising the other GL titles on the last page. It didn't buy me in the slightest.
I did. It gave me a bit of what the titles are going to be about and I found that interesting.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Sandman wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Nice call. I'm tempted to look for things to add to my "Conspiracy folder" Laughing . Hopefully I'll get some time to look over more things. I do feel that DC is utilizing their old stories masterfully and weaving so well into current stories. That fact that one can find clues in things written so long ago is wonderful.
And I don't think anyone does it better than Geoff Johns.

197Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Sandman wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

And you can just tell by the hair that he's crazed! Good call by the way.

I thought issue #53 was a great follow up to Blackest Night and also let's us know that the mystery and intrigue are not about to let up.

I loved the opening sequences with that character. Mahnke doing dark scenes really is bloody unreal. Those pages looked just fantastic. I know that character isn't him but he does remind me of the Time Trapper a bit (although I'm sure Jaydee's call above is on the money).

Seriously, how badly is Larfleeze treating his Guardian. Talk about no respect!

198Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What else did you expect from Larfleeze?

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

199Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #53

Excellent all the way up 'til the blatant advertisement on the final page.

3.5/5 Multiple GL Title Kills - Nice beginning to GL-Brightest Day

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

200Green Lantern - Page 8 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really don't get the mega hate for the ads. They didn't detract from the story. Could they have made it where they were separate from the actual story? Sure. But it's not like we haven't seen this before, and the story was still intriguing (IMO)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum