Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 15]

251Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Actually, thinking about it, all the rings come with some sort of loss.

Red: Dex-Starr and his human.
Orange: Larfleeze killed his two clansmen to get the Orange Light
Yellow: Sinestro lost his love, Abin Sur's (wife? sister?), although that could also fall under the next one, as well. But other Sinestro Corps members suffered horrible loss before they went nutso.
Green: Hal lost Coast City, Guy lost Ice, John lost Xanshi and Katma Tui, Kyle lost Alex...and so on.
Blue: Saint Walker lost his family (maybe his entire people?).
Indigo: There's some sort of loss involved there, since they took Black Hand with them, and he suffered and caused horrific losses in his own family.
Violet: Every Star Sapphire has two things in common: the capacity for great love and a broken heart.

Interesting.....

Don't forget Atrocitus who lost everyone from his planet and his sector of the universe.

252Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:56 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #55

It's a Green Lantern book written by Geoff Johns.

4/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

253Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lobo with a red ring? Are we closer to this now?

Green Lantern - Page 11 Redlan10

maybe this

Green Lantern - Page 11 Copy_o10

Suspect

Make it happen DC!

254Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
superdoug wrote:Actually, thinking about it, all the rings come with some sort of loss.

Yellow: Sinestro lost his love, Abin Sur's (wife? sister?), although that could also fall under the next one, as well. But other Sinestro Corps members suffered horrible loss before they went nutso.
Green: Hal lost Coast City, Guy lost Ice, John lost Xanshi and Katma Tui, Kyle lost Alex...and so on.
Indigo: There's some sort of loss involved there, since they took Black Hand with them, and he suffered and caused horrific losses in his own family.
Violet: Every Star Sapphire has two things in common: the capacity for great love and a broken heart.

Interesting.....

Don't forget Atrocitus who lost everyone from his planet and his sector of the universe.

Hal losing his father is pretty interesting as well. As for Indigo, everyone knows who I think Indigo-1 really is and that would be a sort of loss right there.

Spoiler:

255Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ha! I think the jury is still out on that one Wink

256Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ Ha! I think the jury is still out on that one Wink

Hence why I consider myself judge and jury. Laughing

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:

Interesting.....

Hal losing his father is pretty interesting as well. As for Indigo, everyone knows who I think Indigo-1 really is and that would be a sort of loss right there.

Spoiler:

Considering how all the colors combined is "life" and a loss of life may be linked to possessing or weilding the rings properly, part of me wonders about the white lantern ring and it's connection to life if death is needed so parts of it can function. Possibly the death of the previous universe gave rise to the white light, indicating that the black "light" could give rise to the new white light of the new universe? In short, the white lantern avatar is Galactus. Suspect

Laughing

257Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

superdoug wrote:
Yellow: Sinestro lost his love, Abin Sur's (wife? sister?)
Sister.

Which also makes Soranik Abin's niece.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

258Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:32 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I dig what Lobo can be when people aren't writing him like an 80's biker reject. And I thought Johns used him well here. Plus, the last page! That could lead to some crazy shit
hell yeah it could! I was thinking about that before he did not have the ring on, but with his crazy ass healing factor he would never lose all of his blood right? and he would survive it being taken off i think

259Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Dex-Star backup was my favorite thing that I read this week. The main part of the book was good too, but for some reason I just loved the backup. I want a Dex-Star/Pet Avengers crossover.

260Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:30 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I dig what Lobo can be when people aren't writing him like an 80's biker reject. And I thought Johns used him well here. Plus, the last page! That could lead to some crazy shit
hell yeah it could! I was thinking about that before he did not have the ring on, but with his crazy ass healing factor he would never lose all of his blood right? and he would survive it being taken off i think

Lobo with a red ring = some crazy cosmic awesome sauce.

261Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:51 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Sandman wrote:

Lobo with a red ring = some crazy cosmic awesome sauce.

Seriously! Imagine a blood-spewing red ring wielding Lobo. I wonder if his healing ability would counteract the heart and blood replacing aspects of it and if that would have any kind of effect on his ability to use it.

262Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #55

I enjoyed the bit where Hal and Carol are talking while their constructs are cleaning up the mess from the fight.
I didn't spot that - that was clever.

LordD3r3k wrote:Definitely a great issue all around. You know what's interesting about the backup? All the hatred we've seen regarding the RL's seem to stem from love, or loss of a loved one I should say. I wonder if we'll see a deeper connection between them and the Sapphires later on, like what was touched on during BN
I really like what Johns (and Tomasi?) have done with the Red Lanterns. It would be so easy to make them one dimensional but they aren't. You know it's good writing when you can sympathise with Atrocitus!

You guys have covered everything on the story and I totally agree. But the art....oh Doug Mahnke is so good and what he does so well is dark, atmospheric stuff. Just check out those first few Spectre pages - fantastic! Reminded me of his Black Hand issue last year (which I really am rating one of the best single issues of a comic over the last few years).

I was about to write a bit about how Shane Davis's art looked pretty different from his usual work when I just had a second look and it's SHAWN Davis!!!! lol! So funny - I didn't get how his style could look so different!

263Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Definitely a great issue all around. You know what's interesting about the backup? All the hatred we've seen regarding the RL's seem to stem from love, or loss of a loved one I should say. I wonder if we'll see a deeper connection between them and the Sapphires later on, like what was touched on during BN

I would hope so too. Think about this. We know that the further away from the emotional center (green) you are, the more the power controls you. The two colors that are furthest from the emotional center are Red (Rage) and Violet (Love) so it would be cool to see some kind of connection between the two emotional powers.

264Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:34 am

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

"Hey Square Jaw!" Oh that Lobo.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

265Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:52 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The ish was pretty good, Liked the Dex-Starr backup. Poor kitty. It's great that RLs can make constructs too.

266Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just want to see Dex-Star vs Krypto. I want to see their inner monologues during the fight.

267Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That would be an interesting inner monologue.

268Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder considering they are both animals if they will communicate with each other? That would be neat.

269Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:50 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I just want to see Dex-Star vs Krypto. I want to see their inner monologues during the fight.

According to Johns, that's happening. The script is finished; we just don't know when we're going to see it hit print.

270Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've heard Geoff talk about it which is why I am so excited for it. This is going to be very awesome.

271Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#56 was really good. Love me some Larfleeze.

272Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #56

This was one of the best recent issues of GL. Larfleeze is a freakin hoot! I loved how he was writing a letter to Santa Laughing Then the stuff with Hector Hammond was quite interesting, especially that last page! Not to mention the short bit with Saint Walker and the Hope entity...

273Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another great issue. I am loving Larfleeze because like all of the other new Lanterns, he's not just a one-dimensional character. I feel there is a lot to him and I am looking forward to the Christmas special issue with Larfleeze's search for Santa. The stuff with Hector Hammond was awesome but I loved the Saint Walker/Question stuff. I love Saint Walker. My favorite new Lantern. I need more stuff with him. He's that awesome. Can't wait for the next issue with more entities.

274Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure at this point I know who's collecting the entities.

Spoiler:

275Green Lantern - Page 11 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

superdoug wrote:I'm pretty sure at this point I know who's collecting the entities.

Yeah, GLC #50 made it pretty obvious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum