Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

151Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of GL #51 and GLC #45 is up on the main site:
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=19554

Loved 'em both!

152Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Well we do now know that

Spoiler:
are earthbound after blackest night so maybe Luthors quest for the orange ring might happen

I think I read that
Spoiler:

153Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS!

I am so freaking psyched for this!

brightest day!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I LOVE Tomasi on GLC. At least he's not leaving the GL universe, but I'd much rather he stay on GLC and give Bedard the new book. Also, I LOVE Gleason and I'll really miss him.

rwe1138 wrote:
On the other hand, I like the questions raised intentionally. Where's the rage entity? What took the Parallax entity away? And what does Hammond know about it? Good stuff.

Yeah, I'm really interested in those questions as well. I thought issue #51 was fan-freakin'-tastic. This book just continues to blow me away. Larfleeze and Luthor together is just priceless.

154Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://jaydee74.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/green-lantern-corps-45-green-lantern-51/

155Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read issue #51 again, and it's even better the second time through.

156Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:24 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Larfleeze I love you.

157Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:36 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GL #51

Awesome.

4/5 Bags&Boards

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

158Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GL #51 Had some great visuals. And like you guys said, it also raised some interesting questions. Awesome stuff

159Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:31 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#51 was really good, but I'm a tad confused. Is Crispus no longer the Spectre? Because after Parallax tore them apart, Spectre was pictured with Crispus' goatee.
I'm sure Crispus is still there. If you look a bit later you can see him in Spectre's eye.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:On the other hand, I like the questions raised intentionally. Where's the rage entity? What took the Parallax entity away? And what does Hammond know about it? Good stuff.

Yeah I liked these parts too. I have a feeling we might see Atrocious searching for the Rage entity post-BN. Not to mention the other stuff you mentioned being set up for post-BN.
I agree. They seem like post BN stories. I was wondering too - after this what does Geoff Johns do next with GL (and I know he's got Brightest Day but I was talking in a more emotional sense)? I think there'd be a huge let down after building up for years to a story like this and then finally telling it. Like it would be great to finally get to the thing you'd been aiming for but then after that things might feel a little less interesting or engaging. It will be very interesting to see how he follows up BN in the GL universe.

Batman25JM wrote:
shining knight wrote:GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS!

I am so freaking psyched for this!

brightest day!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I LOVE Tomasi on GLC. At least he's not leaving the GL universe, but I'd much rather he stay on GLC and give Bedard the new book. Also, I LOVE Gleason and I'll really miss him.
With you 100% on this.

LOOSECANNON wrote:GL #51

Awesome.

4/5 Bags&Boards
You've summed it up!

Doug Mahnke is awesome. Just that first page alone was unreal.

160Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:33 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So the Black Lanterns on the last page of #51, does anyone else get the feeling that those are all the heroes that will be resurrected post-Blackest Night? Obviously Supes and Green Arrow will be back to normal, but looks like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, and the Hawks are poised to return too. "DCU: Rebirth" if you will.

161Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:So the Black Lanterns on the last page of #51, does anyone else get the feeling that those are all the heroes that will be resurrected post-Blackest Night? Obviously Supes and Green Arrow will be back to normal, but looks like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, and the Hawks are poised to return too. "DCU: Rebirth" if you will.
I don't really know. I kind of just thought it was Nekron surrounding himself with his main group of BLs. Not really reading more into it than that although I'm sure some of those will be back (I mean the Hawks are obvious ones anyway given their history).

162Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:So the Black Lanterns on the last page of #51, does anyone else get the feeling that those are all the heroes that will be resurrected post-Blackest Night? Obviously Supes and Green Arrow will be back to normal, but looks like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, and the Hawks are poised to return too. "DCU: Rebirth" if you will.
I don't really know. I kind of just thought it was Nekron surrounding himself with his main group of BLs. Not really reading more into it than that although I'm sure some of those will be back (I mean the Hawks are obvious ones anyway given their history).
I didn't think of that but it does make a bit of sense and would be interesting. Especially Ronnie Raymond. Would Ronnie and Jason make up a new Firestorm of sorts? That could be interesting but only if they do indeed bring back Ronnie. I like the idea though.

163Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#52 was decent. Nice to see all the emotion entities.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

164Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#52 was decent. Nice to see all the emotion entities.

yeah It is not like I was disappointed or anything there was ALOT of really cool stuff going on but I was just expecting more with Sinestro as the white lantern. the Orange Avatar was freaking me out! Just got ALOT more questions now though...mostly about the Avatars, like if they are ALL from earth originally, why did they venture off in to the universe? in ALL this time not one of the avatars seemed fit to say anything about earth? Esspesally ION? when he was bonded with Kyle? Paralax? WTF?

165Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #52

This issue was a nice little warm up for the finale next week. The beginning with the origin of all the emotional entities was really awesome. Johns did a great job of explaining the entities' origins and tying them to the early origins of Earth. The Ion entity isn't a giant space whale, but a microscopic organism! And I thought it was damn cool the way the Orange entity of Avarice is the snake from the Garden of Eden. Other than that, the rest of the White Lantern Sinestro action will be saved for BN #8.

The rest of the issue was okay. Xanshi's gravitational forces wrecking havoc, which probably should have been even more apocalyptic for Earth. But my favorite part was when John fried Katma Tui without hesitating, I don't think I could have taken another Black Lantern meeting loved one sequence Laughing.

Its been a long and crazy 9 months...I'm ready for the finale!

166Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked issue #52. It was nice to see the origins of the entities. The Avarice entity being the snake from the Garden of Eden was nice. I am curious though, was the rage entity born out of Cain killing Abel? That's what it seemed like, but with the other entities the creature that performed the act/emotion was the one to become the entity. If the rage entity was born out of Cain killing Abel wouldn't that mean that Cain would become the rage entity?

Anyway, it was a good issue, not great. I am loving White Lantern Sinestro. I can't wait until we see more of what he can do.

167Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I am curious though, was the rage entity born out of Cain killing Abel? That's what it seemed like, but with the other entities the creature that performed the act/emotion was the one to become the entity. If the rage entity was born out of Cain killing Abel wouldn't that mean that Cain would become the rage entity?
Good call. I was kinda like scratch when I saw the Rage entity too. Anyone get the reference there? On a side note on what the Spectre told Atrocious about having faced the Rage entity before, it makes some sense now if that was the first instance that God sent down His Spirit of Vengeance. Man, this is getting awfully religious lol.

168Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I liked issue #52. It was nice to see the origins of the entities. The Avarice entity being the snake from the Garden of Eden was nice. I am curious though, was the rage entity born out of Cain killing Abel? That's what it seemed like, but with the other entities the creature that performed the act/emotion was the one to become the entity. If the rage entity was born out of Cain killing Abel wouldn't that mean that Cain would become the rage entity?

Anyway, it was a good issue, not great. I am loving White Lantern Sinestro. I can't wait until we see more of what he can do.

I think you are on to something with the Cain and Abel. That would have been my call as well. I thought this issue was really cool and I loved seeing the emotional entities. I am so jazzed for Blackest Night #8.

169Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty awesome issue. I do see that the WL Sinestro will be explored more in the BN finale, as well I hope the entities of the emotional spectrum. The designs were pretty awesome and it was cool how the origins of the entinities of the spectrum fit in with the origins of humanity and earth. Can't wait for next week!

170Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Pretty awesome issue. I do see that the WL Sinestro will be explored more in the BN finale, as well I hope the entities of the emotional spectrum. The designs were pretty awesome and it was cool how the origins of the entinities of the spectrum fit in with the origins of humanity and earth. Can't wait for next week!
I thought the origins of the entities were pretty cool. I can't wait for the last part in the Blackest Night.

171Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 am

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

Excellent issue, but when is GL bad? I was a little disappointed in listening to he origin description of the entities until I turned the page and POW! there they were! One word will suffice...Awesome! As always I am looking forward to the next ish.

172Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Okay the way I read it was that the primal force of each emotion manifested as the avatar of that emotion not the creature itself (eg. Cain) For example the primal force released by greed in the Garden of Eden manifests as the Avarice avatar not from the snake itself. I admit this isn't clear from the beginning as the Ion avatar does appear to transfom from the tiny aomeba creature. It's always difficult to quantify abstract concepts visually but I think Johns and particularly Mahnke did an amazing job with this issue.

What intrigues me right now is how, if at all, the rage Avatar being born from the first murder (Cain and Abel) might connect with the whole Crime Bible hooha over in Batman's books. I hope Johns and Morrison have compared notes. Now that would be a crossover! Green Lantern - Page 7 334450

173Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:46 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Jherek wrote:
What intrigues me right now is how, if at all, the rage Avatar being born from the first murder (Cain and Abel) might connect with the whole Crime Bible hooha over in Batman's books. I hope Johns and Morrison and Rucka have compared notes. Now that would be a crossover! Green Lantern - Page 7 334450
Fixed. Wink

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

174Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:37 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

rwe1138 wrote:
Jherek wrote:
What intrigues me right now is how, if at all, the rage Avatar being born from the first murder (Cain and Abel) might connect with the whole Crime Bible hooha over in Batman's books. I hope Johns and Morrison and Rucka have compared notes. Now that would be a crossover! Green Lantern - Page 7 334450
Fixed. Green Lantern - Page 7 988476
Of course Green Lantern - Page 7 282468

175Green Lantern - Page 7 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of # 52 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=21139

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum: