Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern

+29
BigSoupCan
Mnemosis
Spazzy
Jherek
NorrinRadd
Spider_Fan14
Foreigner_Man
superdoug
comicgeekelly
shiky800
prescribeddrone
shining knight
Esbat
blue halo
Bigtymin504
potatojoe
rwe1138
Fresh03
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
Nymn
Sandman
Tom
Batman25JM
Metal Misfit
jaydee74
Aussiemandias
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 15]

126Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Say what?
Spoiler:
Yeah, count me in no questions asked.

127Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:42 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Isn't it just awesome Laughing

128Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

For those of us on a budget, not at all.
I just can't invest in another GL title every month.
This will make me drop the first 2 titles, as well.
Oh well... I'm sure there are plenty of other good stories for me to read.

129Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/12/more-brightest-day-news-a-new-green-lantern-corps-creative-team/

This shake up doesn't have me very excited, but I'll wait and see. Hopefully its good.

130Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:10 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll stick with the regular Geoff Johns GL book for now.

131Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

All we need now is an announcment that there's going to be an ongoing Tales from The Corps book dealing with the other Corps, assuming they make it out of Blackest Night intact, and I'll be on giddiness overload from these announcments.

132Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern goodness. I'm interested in seeing what's gonna happen with all of this.

133Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just gonna stick with the main GL book. If there would be a book that follows the other Corps, I might pick that one up.

134Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

DROPPED.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

135Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

^^^ Really? I thought both the announcments of the creative teams were fantastic, plus a couple of lesser known, yet very talented guys get to have a run on what will likely turn out to be two of DC's bigger'ish books.

136Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm actually a bit disappointed by this. I've loved Tomasi's work with all the GL Corps characters. I realise he's not leaving but it sounds a little more focussed on Guy so he's stepping away from a lot of the characters he did so much good work with. Additionally, having Gleason leaving the GL Corps is a real bummer as I loved his work on that book, particularly with all the alien characters - he seemed like such a good fit.

Also I got the first 6 issues of REBELS and, quite frankly, found it to be not very good at all. So Bedard coming onto this book is a step down as far as I'm concerned.

I can understand DC wanting to milk things for all their worth but there's also a danger of diluting your audience by adding more books in the GL universe (ie. sales on GL Corps could very well drop as a result of this).

137Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's my take on it: I like Green Lantern Corps because Guy is PART of the cast. He adds a flavor that none of the other Earth lanterns have. And, while I think that Guy is one of those characters that is very entertaining when well-written, I don't care enough about him to buy a satellite Green Lantern title.

If this is starting -after- Brightest Day, I'm not going to bother picking it up. Anything that occurs in that title that affects the other two will likely be explained in a bit of quick exposition, and if I -really- need to know what happened, I have you guys. Wink

138Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:Here's my take on it: I like Green Lantern Corps because Guy is PART of the cast. He adds a flavor that none of the other Earth lanterns have. And, while I think that Guy is one of those characters that is very entertaining when well-written, I don't care enough about him to buy a satellite Green Lantern title.

EXACTLY. I actually hated Guy before I got into GLC, but like you said I liked him because he was part of the cast. I definitely don't care enough about Guy to get a separate book featuring him.

139Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A few May solicits

http://calliopes.net/2010/02/12/dc-brightest-day-solicits-may-2010-blackest-night-spoilers/

140Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Come on guys, the least we can do is give GLC and Guy's book a chance.

Last edited by Foreigner_Man on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total

141Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Green Lantern #51 Preview: http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1069206p1.html

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I freakin' love Doug Mahnke's art. I'm so happy this book is helping more people recognize him.

Also, I love seeing Luthor and Larfleeze duke it out and I love how Luthor's addressed as 'hairless earthman'. Laughing

Bigtymin504 wrote: I definitely don't care enough about Guy to get a separate book featuring him.
I do! Very Happy

Honestly, I don't mind Guy getting his own book, he's already had his own book before. However, there's no reason why he can't be in GLC and his ongoing at the same time.

142Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Come on guys, the least we can do is give GLC and Guy's book a chance.

To be fair, I don't buy GLC anyway (unless a certain issue strikes my interest) I like Kyle and John a bit more than Hal but the main GL book is where the cooler stories (to me) are. With the Flash coming out soon, I'm trying not to have too much on my pull list... not to mention in a few years I will have no room for comics whatsoever.

i just have my room to store my stuff and i have no basement or attic Suspect Mad

143Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Come on guys, the least we can do is give GLC and Guy's book a chance.
Well I've read Tony Bedard's Legion of Super-Heroes and REBELS and haven't liked either at all so I'm basing my decisions on that. I love Tomasi's work so I'll stick with his book I think.

144Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm on board for all three until I feel one book doesn't do it for me. We'll see. I do happen to like the interaction between Guy and Kyle a lot and considering that John Stewart is supposed to be one of the two Green Lanterns of Earth, I wonder what they are going to do with him in Green Lantern Corps.

145Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#51 was really good, but I'm a tad confused. Is Crispus no longer the Spectre? Because after Parallax tore them apart, Spectre was pictured with Crispus' goatee.

On the other hand, I like the questions raised intentionally. Where's the rage entity? What took the Parallax entity away? And what does Hammond know about it? Good stuff.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

146Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:11 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#51 was good stuff!

147Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:On the other hand, I like the questions raised intentionally. Where's the rage entity? What took the Parallax entity away? And what does Hammond know about it? Good stuff.

Yeah I liked these parts too. I have a feeling we might see Atrocious searching for the Rage entity post-BN. Not to mention the other stuff you mentioned being set up for post-BN.

The issue was non-stop action! I'm glad they resolved the Hal-Parallax thing before BN #7 cuz it would have read really odd from #6 to #7. Its crazy how Spectre, aka God's rage, was completely ineffective against Nekron...how the heck are they gonna take this dude down? huh

Oh and the sequence with Lex and Larfleeze was classic. Lex trying to make Supes "his" was badass.

148Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:20 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah does anyone else think that Lex may become a major player after this in the GL Lore? I mean he is only a deputy right now and will lose the ring after the Blackest night. but he is not the kinda guy to let power go easily. do you think he will try to hunt it down?

149Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First off, I loved how the cover of Green Lantern #51 and Green Lantern Corps #45 looked similar to each other. I thought that was cool. As for Green Lantern, I too am curious about the what the Rage entity actually is and where did Parallax go? I wonder if someone is collecting emotional entities and what does Hector Hammond have to do with all of this? I was wondering when he would appear and I can't wait to see how Hector is used.

150Green Lantern - Page 6 Empty Re: Green Lantern Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well we do now know that

Spoiler:
are earthbound after blackest night so maybe Luthors quest for the orange ring might happen

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum